PDA

View Full Version : The new message board?

JC_GUFC
02/05/2002, 2:43 PM
Just wondering if many people are emigrating over here after the closure of Johnny's site?

It might be better in the long-term - what are people's thoughts?

CU
JC

Neil
02/05/2002, 2:46 PM
As a long time user of foot.ie and the eL.net msg board I'd love to see all eL fans chatting in the one place. It makes sense.

With enough people giving a hand we should be able to get a News section going on here aswell.

Jaime
02/05/2002, 2:54 PM
Yeah it would be a good idea. Its all too much for one man, no matter how dedicated he be.:(

James
02/05/2002, 2:56 PM
well also like neil i am a user of both sites, and iwth the demise of jw's i see no reason why people dont emigrate over here.. i know a lot of the new members over that last few days that joined are all names and aliases i know from JW's, so it seems a few have come over

why not... i mean foot.ie unlike the network54 mb's is more reliable and doesnt have those annoying pop-ups, its hosted and run in ireland and moderated by eircom league supporters..

dahamsta
02/05/2002, 3:18 PM
why not... i mean foot.ie unlike the network54 mb's is more reliable and doesnt have those annoying pop-ups, its hosted and run in ireland and moderated by eircom league supporters..

And the Great Proponent of Tranparency spoketh:

It's currently hosted in London, although I would lke to place a server in Cork or Dublin sometime this year. Preferably Cork, obviously. :)

adam

James
02/05/2002, 3:24 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
And the Great Proponent of Tranparency spoketh:

It's currently hosted in London,
adam

not haalf guv'nor
ah well...its damn good here anyway..
thats the point i was trying to make

Pablo
02/05/2002, 3:32 PM
seems to be a different new user every time i log on. Mostly Dubs judging by theusernames.welcome welcome welcome.

Ultan
02/05/2002, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
seems to be a different new user every time i log on. Mostly Dubs judging by theusernames.welcome welcome welcome.

Well you could hardly fit any more Corkonians onto the board, could you? :D

SÓC
02/05/2002, 3:51 PM
The more the merrier :)

Ive never seen so many people currently-online as just now!
How long will it take for the Rovers and Bohs fans to start slaging each other in their new cyber home :) :)

TheSaint2002
02/05/2002, 3:53 PM
I dont mind using this one as well as the footballforums.net one which i think is good and im now the moderator aswell.The Norn iron lads have been very helpfull setting it up.As I said before i will use both which i think others should do aswell spread yourself around is what i say and that counts for more than message boards aswell :D .

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=103

making a shortcut on your desktop makes it handyer to get to.

Jim Murtha
02/05/2002, 3:56 PM
No Highland Out! JC, the work forced has changed you, and not for the better I might add. :eek:

dahamsta
02/05/2002, 4:10 PM
Isn't footballforums.net the one that used to be @ footballforums.co.uk? The guy who SPAMMED Foot.ie sometime last year? If Éanna spots that he'll go postal.

Hey Pablo, good job rallying behind Foot.ie on Notwork54 there. I added a couple of stinging comments myself.... GO PABLO! GO PABLO! GO PABLO! :)

Oh, and finally, Ultan, you just watch it boyo, or there'll be a mass exodus to your neck of the woods for the weekend. You wouldn't like The People's Republic when it's angry. Or drunk. Or in quite a good mood...

heh

adam

James
02/05/2002, 4:12 PM
hmm from what i know theres a bit of a mass exodus heading up to the pale anyway for the bank holiday weekend ..
:)

watch out ultan ..we're coming to get ya

Pablo
02/05/2002, 4:13 PM
Hey no one messes with the family :p

Neil
02/05/2002, 4:16 PM
Isn't footballforums.net the one that used to be @ footballforums.co.uk? The guy who SPAMMED Foot.ie sometime last year?
Yeah, same one. You couldn't forget that big bloody picture of David Beckham that greets you on the site!

TheSaint2002
02/05/2002, 4:22 PM
i just link to the eircom league message board where they are cooking up a new banner for us at the minute.

Éanna
03/05/2002, 11:28 AM
Isn't footballforums.net the one that used to be @ footballforums.co.uk? The guy who SPAMMED Foot.ie sometime last year? If Éanna spots that he'll go postal.
:confused: Don't remember that, must have been while I was away! I'm registered on footballforums.net anyway. Forgive and forget lads, as IF I'd ever hold a grudge :rolleyes: :D

eoinh
03/05/2002, 11:32 AM
yep, i just have. i said i wouldnt but if you have a look at the number of posts this morning its kind of sad. although ill continue to go back and check it out.

dahamsta
03/05/2002, 12:44 PM
Don't remember that, must have been while I was away!

I went browsing the forums last night, from the eL section in Google. The guy from footballforums.net had posted in every single forum. If there's one thing I hate, it's a spammer...

I'm registered on footballforums.net anyway. Forgive and forget lads

Éanna, you can browse where you want man, it makes no difference to us. Tell you what, post the intelligent commentary here, and the nasty "brit" stuff on footballforums.net, eh? Then /everyone's/ happy. :)

as IF I'd ever hold a grudge

*snort*

adam

Xlex
03/05/2002, 2:59 PM
I'm not trying to avocade the use of any forum.. but it appears to be THESAINT2002 who appears to be the only one trying hard to push the use of Footballforums.net. Is it because you a Mod there?. I don't think we should use footballforums over this one. This is an Irish site for Irish fans. If the general opinion on the pros and cons of this site have people look for an alternative, fine but don't pick that forum over this...

Adam is a fair man and if the majority picks another site before this, it would never cause him to lose sleep, but he kept this site open when it would be easier to shut it, he asks for suggestions and always seeks to improve, so why not give it a shot, it deserves just that.

Schumi
03/05/2002, 3:11 PM
I'd agree. Although maybe it's because I'm a Mod here:p . I like the crest beside your name on the other one though!

Xlex
03/05/2002, 3:16 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
I like the crest beside your name on the other one though!

Well if your chewing the b@lls of a 64k analog effort from errorcom... I think you'd agree those avators are something which can be done without... besides Paddy and Santa more that make up for it...:D

TheSaint2002
03/05/2002, 3:19 PM
i not pushing i because im a moderator,whoo a moderator I get to edit peoples posts,I like it because i think its better and you can have a talk with the irish league fans,but i will still use foot.ie aswell i dont mind.

Schumi
03/05/2002, 3:21 PM
Originally posted by Xlex

Well if your chewing the b@lls of a 64k analog effort from errorcom... I think you'd agree those avators are something which can be done without...

Ahh the joys of college internet access.:D

Xlex
03/05/2002, 3:22 PM
I'll pull it out for yeah and leave you on the errorcom connection HEAnet have if you like.....

Hey how come you only a seasoned pro....

dahamsta
03/05/2002, 3:26 PM

The titles have to be updated manually. Gawds, the pressure, THE PRESSURE!

heh

adam

TheSaint2002
03/05/2002, 3:28 PM
god bless ntl free internet free i tell you free :D

Xlex
03/05/2002, 3:43 PM
God bless the Ethernet connection direct to UUnet...

Doubt anyone uses a dial-up during the day....

dahamsta
03/05/2002, 4:11 PM
Doubt anyone uses a dial-up during the day....

Cooo-eee! *adam waves*

adam

Xlex
03/05/2002, 4:21 PM
you of all people on dial up......

The some dictators have armies, ours uses a water pistol... take over on the cards??

Your behind/support Ireland Offline.... how can you embrace broadband access when you dont use it..:confused:

DSL is coming along so that should ease the dial up sh!t errorcom are throwing at us....

Supersaint
03/05/2002, 5:15 PM
the northern lads give an opinion of our league to!

www.shedendinvincibles.com

dahamsta
03/05/2002, 5:51 PM
you of all people on dial up......

Contributions towards a leased line or satellite hookup are always welcome!

The some dictators have armies, ours uses a water pistol... take over on the cards??

Hey, Foot.ie is still here, isn't it? And in a couple of weeks it'll be on another machine, with at least a GHz processor, a half gig of RAM and 400 /gigs/ of transfer. Who cares how /I/ get here, as long as here is... well, here? :)

Your behind/support Ireland Offline.... how can you embrace broadband access when you dont use it..

Because it's not available? (I'm not on the IO committee any more, I resigned last month. I'm just consulting for them now.)

DSL is coming along so that should ease the dial up sh!t errorcom are throwing at us....

Yeah, right - my exchange was taken off the Esat unbundling list and doesn't look likely to be in Eircom's rollout plan either. And both of their baseline products are close to the most expensive in the world. We're farmers, the rest of the world is laughing at us.

E-Hub my Hole.

adam

Schumi
03/05/2002, 7:38 PM
Originally posted by Xlex

Must be a player-manager:)

Troy.McClure
06/05/2002, 3:26 PM
Originally posted by Schumi

Must be a player-manager:)
Are you Doolo in discuise?

BTW Adam, how bout promoting me to Coach aswell?:confused:

dahamsta
08/05/2002, 3:18 PM
BTW Adam, how bout promoting me to Coach aswell?:confused:

But you're not a mod Troy. also :confused:

adam