PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone confirm this?

supasparx
14/10/2005, 6:18 PM
Was over in cyprus for the match, on the monday after, we were up the mountains playing golf. Got talking to a couple from Donegal who live out there, they read in a local paper that an irish lad drinking outside the step inn in limassol was knocked over and killed. Have tried to find the story on the net but nothing. Anyone heard about this?

Peadar
14/10/2005, 6:25 PM
Anyone heard about this?

Billy G witnessed the incident outside the Welcome Inn and was later told by Josef in the Welcome Inn that the guy had died. I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not he was Irish. Certainly haven't seen anything in the news about it.

The way those lunatics drive on the strip at night, it's a wonder that others weren't killed. Absolute madness!
What terrible and unnecessary waste of life.

ccfcgirl
14/10/2005, 9:38 PM
In Aiya Napa after the senior game .A Irish lad got bottled by a cyprian on a mother bike .Can anyone comform if he was ok?

AidoM
14/10/2005, 9:53 PM
In Aiya Napa after the senior game .A Irish lad got bottled by a cyprian on a mother bike .Can anyone comform if he was ok?

Didn't hear of any trouble in Napa. There was good feedback around on what was happening so I'm sure somebody would have heard.

ccfcgirl
14/10/2005, 9:55 PM
It happened out -side Starskys nightclub .

Green Tribe
14/10/2005, 10:08 PM
Never heard of any trouble at all after the game, can't think where that club is, then again I was fairly merry on Saturday night...:o :o

holteender
15/10/2005, 12:22 AM
Didn't hear of any trouble in Napa. There was good feedback around on what was happening so I'm sure somebody would have heard.

Yeah, something to do with him chatting up a Cypriot fella's girlfriend (they don't take to that very well.) Lad went past on a motorbike and slashed him with what I think was a bottle. According to Paul (the security monster from bar Bizarre) he spent a day in hospital but is fine.

AidoM
15/10/2005, 12:23 AM
Yeah, something to do with him chatting up a Cypriot fella's girlfriend (they don't take to that very well.) Lad went past on a motorbike and slashed him with what I think was a bottle. According to Paul (the security monster from bar Bizarre) he spent a day in hospital but is fine.

Great to hear;)

like a badger
15/10/2005, 9:05 PM
Witnessed the incident from the railings at Bedrock, Cypriot fella was a bouncer, pulled what looked like a telescopic baton on some baldy headed big fella dunno if he was Irish or not. Took a fair whack or two but the baldy fella was a hard lad aswell, went down swinging a barrage of punches. Only bit of aggro I saw. Almost as entertaining as the video clips they show on the big screen in Bedrock or my Arnie impersonation.