shakermaker1982
14/10/2005, 8:20 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4340928.stm

best news I've had today!!!!! Come on MON

finlma
14/10/2005, 8:25 AM

When George Graham left Leeds he said the exact same thing. He wasn't ready for the job. I bet he'd be ready if he was offered it. I'd still prefer MON.

ranting rover
14/10/2005, 9:25 AM
...interesting candidate I think - but would he have the respect off the dressing room? I respect him, but will the Robbie Keane's of the squad look at him and see a senial grandad? Andy Townsend as his assistant was suggested elsewhere on foot...I also respect Townsend, speaks a lot of sense a lot of the time as a TV pundit...

sparkey
14/10/2005, 11:18 AM
Bobby Robson has been there and done at every level of the game, there is no player in the Irish dressing room who could honestly feel superior and look down their nose at him. But Andy Townsend for F UCKS SAKE the man talks nothing but utter ****e on ITV. Gabby Logan talks more sense than him.

ThatGuy
14/10/2005, 11:26 AM
I think David O'Leary wants the FAI to give him the job on a part-time basis. A step backwards.

We need a dedicated manager who will live for the job, go to games, go to EL games. You guys don't want Brian Kerr, who else will fit the bill?

kingp35
14/10/2005, 11:30 AM
Bobby Robson would surely be no more than a stop gap replacment if we gave him the job. He is certainly no spring chicken!!

concanta
14/10/2005, 11:43 AM
if we cannnot get MON then stick with kerr
bobby robson is about 90 for f*ck sake

thejollyrodger
14/10/2005, 1:07 PM
cant say i really blame o leary. the irish job is a poisined challace at the mo. Cant see MON going for it either lads. There is major problems in the ireland team and any analyist will tell you that

deadman
14/10/2005, 1:11 PM
i don't think anybody is going to declare their interest in the job until Kerr has been dealth with - one way or the other.

sounds like o'leary's just being coy @d moment

tricky_colour
14/10/2005, 1:15 PM

Well what else would you expect him to say?

"I would jump at the chance?"

He would sacked by Villa the next day!!

Best wait untill he has been offer the job first!

Aldini98
14/10/2005, 1:21 PM
Jaysus O'Leary, no way ! Thank God hes not interested, has won squat as a manger and spent more money than Chelsea (well nearly). Villa are a club that suit him down to the ground, they'l never do anything.
Leave Townsend out of it also, he's complete crap as a pundit.

Bobby Robson is our best bet IMO

FarBeag
14/10/2005, 3:24 PM
No way Robson he could not remember his own players names a few years ago not to mind now ffs.I am also glad that O'Leary is not interested what has he ever done apart from providing a helping hand to nearly bankrupt Leeds. We need to hold on to Kerr until we get someone if we get someone that knows about football.

CraftyToePoke
14/10/2005, 3:34 PM
i think his attitude towards the irish job has always been that its something he will do as a semi retirement number. he is quoted here today as saying he has plenty of club football left in him which again gives this impression.

for me thats not good enough,its totally the wrong attitude towards the job from the word go and i wouldnt like him next or near it,but theres a takeover in the pipeline at villa and i think he would take the irish job if it were offered as new owners can mean a new manager at club level.

shakermaker1982
14/10/2005, 4:15 PM
Well what else would you expect him to say?

"I would jump at the chance?"

He would sacked by Villa the next day!!

Best wait untill he has been offer the job first!

if your interested you just keep your head down and avoid the issue. Refusing it outright is not exactly gonna tell the Irish FA "come get me I'm your man".

O'Leary is a great manager if he has 100 million to spend............then again so would I be if I had that much at Leeds Utd!!!

Noelys Guitar
14/10/2005, 6:25 PM
I don't think I could handle listening to O'Dreary for the next few years. Mind you he could be out the Villa door within the next 2 weeks if they don't beat Birmingham. Good coach but not my choice. And please no Givens even in a temporary role. MON is the one if he wants the job.

tricky_colour
15/10/2005, 11:10 PM
if your interested you just keep your head down and avoid the issue. Refusing it outright is not exactly gonna tell the Irish FA "come get me I'm your man".

O'Leary is a great manager if he has 100 million to spend............then again so would I be if I had that much at Leeds Utd!!!

I don't think his public refusal would deter the FA from approaching him
if they thought he was the right man.

When your 1 point above the relegation zone you have to be careful
what you say (or don't say), I don't know whether he was asked or
make a spontaneous statemant.