PDA

View Full Version : Sky News Ireland

A face
13/10/2005, 10:20 PM
Shoddy Roddy was on it a while ago saying that the FAI cant rely on players in England making up the numbers on the national team, spoke of academies and a 15 year plan and improve things here !!

Fair play .... i mean, he is normally making a tool of himself to be fair !!

Macy
14/10/2005, 7:39 AM
Shoddy Roddy was on it a while ago saying that the FAI cant rely on players in England making up the numbers on the national team, spoke of academies and a 15 year plan and improve things here !!

Fair play .... i mean, he is normally making a tool of himself to be fair !!
That can't have been Shoddy, sense he's talking...

drinkfeckarse
14/10/2005, 8:25 AM
I'd say he's got his ideas from this site....

thejollyrodger
14/10/2005, 10:47 AM
well where ever he got the ideas he is making sense. The truth of the matter is that from now on were going to have to grow our own talent and the sooner Joe public accept that the better.

kingp35
14/10/2005, 11:01 AM
And the sooner the Eircom League clubs realise this the better. We rely on the DDSL clubs to breed players while the eircom League clubs have terrible youth systems. They need to start doing something to help up and coming youngsters

Peadar
14/10/2005, 11:06 AM
We rely on the DDSL clubs to breed players while the eircom League clubs have terrible youth systems. They need to start doing something to help up and coming youngsters

As part of the eircom League License, clubs must have a youth structure. Wouldn't expect you to know anything about that though. :rolleyes:

lopez
14/10/2005, 11:09 AM
Britain is no longer going to be a source of players. The Irish population in the country has in my opinion dropped in the past ten years. I rarely see someone 'just off the boat' at work, which was always the case in the eighties, but so many of my mates (1G and 2G) have moved or are moving to Ireland. Barring an almighty economic collapse in Ireland, the players of the future will come from Ireland.

I'd like to say that a delegation of FAI should go to somewhere like Holland or the Czech Republic to look at how they do things there, but I'm sure you'll agree that letting those loose in countries with so much prostitutes and decent beer might not be wise.:mad:

kingp35
14/10/2005, 11:12 AM
As part of the eircom League License, clubs must have a youth structure. Wouldn't expect you to know anything about that though. :rolleyes:

I know they have youth structures but not very good ones. Eircom league clubs should be taking in promising players at the age of 14 etc and start aiding in their progression from that age. As it is at the moment most of the onus is on Schoolboy clubs to breed the players who then go on to join the Eircom League clubs. We shoud really have a look at how the Dutch breed their young players. they have the best youth structure in the world and consistently breed excellent young footballers.