PDA

View Full Version : Cork City FC v Drogheda United FC

Peadar
13/10/2005, 5:42 PM
Cork City 1/2
Draw 5/2
Drogheda United 5/1

How're we fixed for tomorrow night?
We have had a nice little break so everyone should be fresh.

Cosmo
13/10/2005, 6:12 PM
Cork City 1/2
Draw 5/2
Drogheda United 5/1

How're we fixed for tomorrow night?
We have had a nice little break so everyone should be fresh.

5/1 are decent odds :)

WindmillWarrior
13/10/2005, 7:27 PM
They should be longer I reckon!

patsh
14/10/2005, 6:42 AM
The break will either refresh the players or leave them rusty. I think Drogheda will come for a draw and may be very difficult to break down.

Peadar
14/10/2005, 8:21 AM
I think Drogheda will come for a draw and may be very difficult to break down.

I'd tend to agree with that.
I'd settle for 1-0

Troy.McClure
14/10/2005, 8:49 AM
Well they are the only team to win in the league at the X so it might be tricky. Im sure Dan will try to excell again

rebs23
14/10/2005, 10:40 AM
Tonight is going to tell us a lot about the destination of the League. If we're up for it or whether we're getting a bit jaded and rusty.
As for Derry, never thought I'd say this but come on rovers!!

pete
14/10/2005, 11:02 AM
I am optimistic that the break will refocus the players & help forget about Europe. Drogs will no doubt 'park the bus' so first goal will most likely decide the match.

Troy.McClure
14/10/2005, 11:12 AM
eleven-a-side says that Gamble is injured! :(

Peadar
14/10/2005, 11:29 AM
eleven-a-side says that Gamble is injured! :(

Yesterday, CorkCityFC.ie (http://www.corkcityfc.ie) said Gamble was injured.

ccfcgirl
14/10/2005, 12:26 PM
My sister met his mother and Mrs Gamble told her that he was injured.............

ccfcgirl
14/10/2005, 9:21 PM
Im not long back from the game ,Poor performance to be honest .I witnessed a goal I will never forget though ,Thanks to Dan O connor .....3 more points hopfully we are on our way.

A face
14/10/2005, 11:45 PM
Im not long back from the game ,Poor performance to be honest .I witnessed a goal I will never forget though ,Thanks to Dan O connor .....3 more points hopfully we are on our way.

If t hat was in front of the shed ... it would have been unreal ... a classic moment .... he walk straight to the tunnel after the game and left his towel hanging in the net ... the steward was trying to keep up with him

He fúcked it up
He fúcked it up, he fúcked it
Connors fúcked it up
He fúcked it up
Connors fúcked it up
He fúcked it up
Connors fúcked it up
He fúcked it up
Connors fúcked it up
He fúcked it up
Connors fúcked it up

Couldn't have happened to a nicer fella !!

Shed End Legend !! :p

Schunter Netz
15/10/2005, 12:20 AM
Hmmm...perhaps there is a god...what an extraordinary event! I was daydreaming, like a lot of people in the stands, a little stressed and depressed about where the game was going, when I heard the thud of boot on ball milliseconds after boot on ball...when I focussed the ball was crawling towards the goal...it seemed to think about stopping but the fright of the chasing defenders gave it the tiny impetus to get over the line. It was all very surreal. And Dan Connor in goal! Unbelievably brilliant. I have always said to doubters that you have to go all the time to be there for the unforgettably memorable moments, and that is definitely one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen at the Cross.

patsh
15/10/2005, 1:26 PM
We were poxed!
But who cares. 3 points and the scumbag gets his comeuppance....:D

pete
17/10/2005, 10:30 AM
Was listening on the radio & couldn't hear the commentators as the cross erupted.

:D

Troy.McClure
18/10/2005, 2:49 PM
A truely beautiful goal :D

Dyl10
21/10/2005, 11:14 PM
and that is definitely one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen at the Cross

God, and i thought the cross was supposed to be an entertaining ground:p

A face
22/10/2005, 3:42 PM
supposed to be an entertaining ground

You're right ..... and that goal was seriously entertaining !! :D