PDA

View Full Version : Empty seats In eircom League section of Lansdowne

Peadar
13/10/2005, 4:35 PM
Why were there 4/5 empty seats together in Row 9 of the East Wing Buckets last night?

superfrank
13/10/2005, 4:37 PM
EL fans are finally turning their back on the Irish national team.

fbtn
13/10/2005, 4:41 PM
Just behind us then. We were in Row 8.

Wish I did the same and left mine empty as well! Jeeeez but they were bad. :(

pete
13/10/2005, 4:42 PM
Maybe they got lost as at last game stewards didn't even know there where East Bucket Wing was.

:eek:

ccfcgirl
13/10/2005, 4:44 PM
Why were there 4/5 empty seats together in Row 9 of the East Wing Buckets last night?I know of 6 Pats fans whom were in Cyprus and didnt make it home .

Colm
13/10/2005, 5:17 PM
I had one ticket but needed 3 on Monday. Managed to get the extra 2 but ended up with 4 by yesterday afternoon!

Peadar
13/10/2005, 5:20 PM

Yeah, I saw you. I was going to give you a smack for not beating Derry.
You'd better roll over against us too, just to keep things fair, like. :D

ThatGuy
13/10/2005, 5:47 PM
Why were there 4/5 empty seats together in Row 9 of the East Wing Buckets last night?
My ticket was block ET row 9 seat 47, I was in a group of 6. The steward directed me to a row 9 in Block ET where the last seat in the row was 38 (or 39) and had no idea where 47 was. Either did any of his colleagues. We all stood around there anyway, that would explain why there would have been 6 empty seats in block ET row 9 anyway.

Peadar
13/10/2005, 5:49 PM
that would explain why there would have been 6 empty seats in block ET row 9 anyway.

No, these were seats 25-30 in Row 9.

Partizan
13/10/2005, 6:40 PM
yes!!! I'll be able to go to my first Irish game since all this Ole, ole nonsense began.

Battery Rover
13/10/2005, 7:57 PM
yes!!! I'll be able to go to my first Irish game since all this Ole, ole nonsense began.

Yes at last will be able to get a ticket.

Troy.McClure
14/10/2005, 8:47 AM
I think some lad behind us was thrown out for standing up (well, not sitting down). Now thats depressing!

Peadar
14/10/2005, 8:50 AM
I think some lad behind us was thrown out for standing up

That's the same guy they're talking about.

Ash
14/10/2005, 8:51 AM

Wish I did the same and left mine empty as well! Jeeeez but they were bad. :(

We were in Row 8, beside some Harps fans but the people who were in the
seats behind us for the France game we'rent there. They were from Dublin
but dunno what club as last game they just had Ireland gear on.

Didnt notice if there were empty seats there though

Jaime
14/10/2005, 9:04 AM
I haven't taken my seat since the Israel home game, I just find a decent spot to stand in and stay there. The stewards never really seem interested in doing anything at all in the eL section, so you know you can pick your spot regardless of the number on your ticket.

Macy
14/10/2005, 9:06 AM
I haven't taken my seat since the Israel home game, I just find a decent spot to stand in and stay there.
Certainly seemed more than the numbers in the pats section alright...

Troy.McClure
14/10/2005, 9:13 AM
That's the same guy they're talking about.

Who's "they" and where (I dont see any mention of it on this thread)?

Peadar
14/10/2005, 9:27 AM
(I dont see any mention of it on this thread)?

Sorry Troy, I'm getting my threads crossed.

Schumi
14/10/2005, 12:19 PM
I think some lad behind us was thrown out for standing up (well, not sitting down). Now thats depressing!
At least there's some upside to the poxy seats we got so. Everyone around us stood for the whole game, you needed to really or the view would have been even worse.

Conor H
14/10/2005, 2:43 PM
At least there's some upside to the poxy seats we got so. Everyone around us stood for the whole game, you needed to really or the view would have been even worse.
Were yee the UCD fans in front of us?

Schumi
14/10/2005, 3:06 PM
Yeah, there were Galway fans behind us.

niamh
14/10/2005, 5:52 PM
Similiar seats were empty v France...

EireBadBoy
15/10/2005, 2:16 AM
Just imagine the empty seats when Ireland rummage around to get a friendly next! Our stock is down and the team is pure pish. If I ever saw a call for an All-Ireland the time is now, I think it would work. (Yes, I am that naive)

redgav
17/10/2005, 2:08 PM
The problem is the stewards don't know the seating plans.I was in the city row ,at the back row inside the barriers at the entrance and there was 3 empty seats next to me .Some of the city lads when they asked where their seats were ,were told their seats didn't exist and were moved down to the south terrace side opf the east touchline seats. There was also two empties on front of me in the bohs section

pete
17/10/2005, 2:11 PM
Why does Lansdowne have so many stewards in the first place if they don't now their job?

NY Hoop
17/10/2005, 2:19 PM
Why does Lansdowne have so many stewards in the first place if they don't now their job?

Simple. Its jobs for the boys. Its who you know. You get in for free with a bib. Absolutely no training.

Like the "stewards" at EL games. They would be out of their depth in a puddle. Clueless is an understatement.

KOH

redgav
17/10/2005, 3:46 PM
Simple. Its jobs for the boys. Its who you know. You get in for free with a bib. Absolutely no training.

Like the "stewards" at EL games. They would be out of their depth in a puddle. Clueless is an understatement.

KOH

Nope ,thats not entirely correct
It used be jobs for the boys ish , and people did volunteer ,but with each streaker costing the fai 50,000 in fines , they have had to hire a company to do it ..very few volunteer lads left .

The firm that hire them tho , they are terrible.feck all training ,young wans actin as stewards getting paid for it ffs

tiktok
18/10/2005, 8:43 AM
Some of the city lads when they asked where their seats were ,were told their seats didn't exist and were moved down to the south terrace side of the east touchline seats.

Worse, West touchline seats Gav.

Row 10, seats 43, 44 and 45 apparently didn't exist.
That's what we were told and got moved, then we find out later that the seats were there, just that the stewards hadn't a clue where they were. It's not complicated tbh.

So three of us spent the game sitting with the journos.