PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon gets away lightly, again!

MariborKev
13/10/2005, 3:04 PM
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/sport/story.asp?j=159059682&p=y59x6x388&t=soccer

Another four matches and a €1,000 fine.

So he got banned for four matches and then broke his ban.

His punishment? The same as he got the last time

To the numerous FAI and eL officials who seem to spend the working day on this message board I have one question.

Ever heard of a sliding scale for punishments? If someone gets punished and they disregard it, you punish them harder the next time.

pete
13/10/2005, 3:08 PM
FFS whats the point of bans now? I'm not calling for points reductions but lets say Fenlon breaks this ban in match 1 will he just start allover again?

Whats the point in "severly warning" someone with empty threat?

:rolleyes:

Terry
13/10/2005, 3:09 PM
Im sure the longford lads will be keeping an eye out for him this weekend:)

You'll never know, at this rate, he could be banned for half of next season :D

Risteard
13/10/2005, 3:10 PM
Christ, he'll have been banned for a lot of matches there by the time the season ends.

EnDai
13/10/2005, 3:11 PM
It's hardly "light". It might not be strong enough, but "light" is ripping the proverbial ****. Sensationalism at its worst. Well done.

Tbh its a ban for the rest of the season, excluding one match. And €1000. Now I know as a supporter of a rival club you'd like to see him shot or something, but a bit of common sense please! :)

pete
13/10/2005, 3:13 PM
Now I know as a supporter of a rival club you'd like to see him shot or something, but a bit of common sense please! :)

Ok so maybe they shouldn't increase the financial fine but he should be geting 8 match ban. Keep increasing it til he "obeys".

Éanna
13/10/2005, 7:30 PM
He should be told that the next time it happens he'll be banned from the ground and shels will be deducted points. It might not be nice, but its the only way to deal with a man who is quite clearly incapable of controlling himself.

MariborKev
13/10/2005, 8:28 PM
It's hardly "light". It might not be strong enough, but "light" is ripping the proverbial ****. Sensationalism at its worst. Well done.

Tbh its a ban for the rest of the season, excluding one match. And €1000. Now I know as a supporter of a rival club you'd like to see him shot or something, but a bit of common sense please! :)

I don't want him shot, he appears to has the rifle trained on his own feet this days.

However Shels are like an unruly child. The FAI threaten them and might take away their toys for an hour, but Shels know that if they cry long enough they will get away with it, just to get a bit of peace.

Fenlon has been banned for three matches and for four matches already. On this occasion he breached his banned to verbally abuse the referee and the other officials.

He spent the entire duration of the game on the phone to the bench anyway so how was he actually punished?

There are a few Shels fans out there who haven't yet fall under the lure, surely they can see why we're all a bit ****ed off about this.

Anto McC
13/10/2005, 8:37 PM
I understand why you are ****ed off,it's because Ollie runs the league and pays bribes and makes the big decisions that need to be made :rolleyes:

OneRedArmy
13/10/2005, 10:07 PM
I understand why you are ****ed off,it's because Ollie runs the league and pays bribes and makes the big decisions that need to be made :rolleyes:
Really?! I thought it was because the Eircom League doesn't know its arse from its elbow and doesn't have the spine for the inevitable court challenge from Ollie that would ensue.

You obviously know your stuff.......

A face
13/10/2005, 10:12 PM
Really?! I thought it was because the Eircom League doesn't know its arse from its elbow and doesn't have the spine for the inevitable court challenge from Ollie that would ensue.

You obviously know your stuff.......

Anto would have the inside track on this one so i'd be inclined to agree with him !! :p

EnDai
13/10/2005, 11:21 PM
To be fair, they weren't going to hand him a ban stretching into next season. Barring the final game of the season he's banned from all matches (which will be something like 8 in a row, we need our manager on the bench :( He needs to learn fast!), however under the same restrictions as before. I can understand the calls for it to be more severe, if this was the start of next season I could see a longer ban.

Mr A
14/10/2005, 1:06 AM
Given Fenlons incredibly small size, isn't making him sit in the stand actually giving him an advantage by allowing him to see the match better?

I think it's fairly obvious that Shels should be relegated with immediate effect.

rerun
14/10/2005, 8:37 AM
I think that the point here is that bans from the touchline/pitch are rediculous as they get disregarded. The punishment for this kind of carry on should be more financial, i.e. €2500 - €5000 fine by a certain date and if thats not met a 3 point deduction. Either that, or as I said before, managers should have to serve their ban at eL headquarters while the match is on, wherever that is.

Troy.McClure
14/10/2005, 8:42 AM
Or perhaps they should take a large deposit, say €5,000 from him and say that if he behaves he gets €4,000 back, or nothing if he keeps on breaking the rules?

EnDai
14/10/2005, 10:07 AM
Now thats a goos idea. Although it would probably make him behave, which makes things less interesting! :D

pete
14/10/2005, 10:18 AM
Aside from all the bans & fines Fenlon is setting really bad example to his players. Also the fact he is on the phone all the like to Eamo shos he has absolutely no confidence in him as his assistant.

EnDai
14/10/2005, 10:35 AM
Would you have confidence in him? :)

Schumi
14/10/2005, 12:22 PM
These bans are completely pointless if the manager can sit in the ground somewhere and phone the red faced guy on the bench to tell him what to do. The only way to make the ban work is for the manager to be banned from the ground completely.

RedX
16/10/2005, 9:15 PM
Aside from all the bans & fines Fenlon is setting really bad example to his players. Also the fact he is on the phone all the like to Eamo shos he has absolutely no confidence in him as his assistant.

Pat Fenlon and some of his players have always thought that there are no rules for them..each time i have seen Shels in recent yrs they have adapted this attitude..Ollie Byrne/Fenlon/Heary/Baker/Crawley are the main culprits..it has worked its way down through the club from the chaiman who thinks he can get away with anything..then onto his manager and then to the players..Shels ans will obviously disagree with this but looking on from the outside it could not be more right..Shels are a law onto themselves..

A face
16/10/2005, 11:45 PM
All the same though lads .... Fenlon is some jammy fúcker for getting away lightly .. Some people just get all the luck !!
He is getting away with murder fair play to the little fella !!

EnDai
17/10/2005, 10:26 AM
Who'd he kill? :)