PDA

View Full Version : Avery John

ThatGuy
13/10/2005, 2:14 PM
I see that one of my all-time favourite EL players, Avery John, superb player and a top-man, will be playing in the world cup providing T&T knock out Guatemala.

Excellent, I am delighted for him. I don't care how he did at Shels ands Longford, but he was superb for Bohs, especially during his first spell, and until the death of his best friend during his second spell he was superb too. I have a lot of time for Stephen Kenny, but getting rid of Avery to bring in Paul McNally was an absolutely crazy thing to do.

Anyway, has an EL player ever played in the world cup?

finlma
13/10/2005, 2:20 PM
I see that one of my all-time favourite EL players, Avery John, superb player and a top-man, will be playing in the world cup providing T&T knock out Guatemala.

T&T have to beat Bahrain in a playoff - it would be great to see him there.

pineapple stu
13/10/2005, 2:24 PM
Anyway, has an EL player ever played in the world cup?
Don't think so.

Mark Rutherford was one name being bandied about when Jamaica were signing anyone and everyone before 1998. Dave Norman played for Canada in 1986 after playing for UCD in the winters of 82, 83 and 84 (or may have been 83, 84 and 85). Obviously a few players have played eL and gone on to play in the World Cup - Keane, Moran, etc.

Metrostars
13/10/2005, 6:13 PM
T&T are a nice little team. I went to the USA-T&T qualifier in August, they had a player sent off early and they put Dwight York in midfield. They really didnt do much in that game. They have a few players in the lower English divisions plus a couple more in MLS and the rest from their home league.
The one thing that one may could call funny about T&T is that they have one white guy, Chris Birchall born in England and plays for Port vale.

Bosco
13/10/2005, 10:19 PM
Heard about T & T this morning on the radio and immedaitlely thought of avery john.Whos he with these days?I take it his world wide ban from football is either over or never eally came about

Metrostars
13/10/2005, 10:59 PM
Heard about T & T this morning on the radio and immedaitlely thought of avery john.Whos he with these days?I take it his world wide ban from football is either over or never eally came about
MLS - Revolution
http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/bio/bio.sps?iBiographyID=10969

Macy
14/10/2005, 7:44 AM
As Avery John or John Avery? :rolleyes:

Great player, tool of a man with how he fooked over the club. He said he was going home to look after his sick mam, and instead signed for a South African team - Kiaser Cheifs - if I recall correctly.

headtheball
14/10/2005, 8:18 AM
At Derry,former players Felix Healy,David Campbell with Northern Ireland and David Kelly have played in the world cup.

ThatGuy
14/10/2005, 9:57 AM
tool of a man
Nonsense, you will never find a more friendly or sounder professional football player than Mr.John.

Dodge
14/10/2005, 10:25 AM
Joseph Ndo played in one world cup and was in the squad for another

pineapple stu
14/10/2005, 12:32 PM
I think Kevin Moran also played for Bohs for a few games? Was with UCD for a few years, but that was before we were in the league.

Macy
14/10/2005, 1:53 PM
Nonsense, you will never find a more friendly or sounder professional football player than Mr.John.
Dead sound yeah, lie about your mam being seriously ill so you can fook over your employers...

Well him and Lavine enjoyed longford anyway for a while... ;)

TheJamaicanP.M.
14/10/2005, 4:23 PM
Does anyone remember a player called Falcon Rose? Think he played with Sligo Rovers? I remember his name being mentioned for a possible call-up to the South African team for the 1998 World Cup. Don't think it ever came to fruition though.

Dodge
14/10/2005, 4:27 PM
He he he. Sligo fans have a huge opinion of him. he he he

TheJamaicanP.M.
14/10/2005, 4:28 PM
He he he. Sligo fans have a huge opinion of him. he he he

Why? What did he do? Heard he wasn't up to much as a player.

HarpoJoyce
15/10/2005, 11:39 AM
Avery scum, scum scum.

He ended Peter Hanrahan's career during the 3-3 cup match a few years back. He went through Hanrahan with the ball no where near. Bohs fans never really tried to the defend his foul.

Maz
15/10/2005, 11:40 AM
Avery scum, scum scum.

He ended Peter Hanrahan's career during the 3-3 cup match a few years back. He went through Hanrahan with the ball no where near. Bohs fans never really tried to the defend his foul.
Think Bobby Ryan had a similar experience in Flancare with him

sligoman
15/10/2005, 11:37 PM
When was he in the EL and for how many seasons?:confused:

ccfcgirl
16/10/2005, 1:00 AM
Paul magragh( St PATS), Roy keane (cobh Ramblers)would of played in a world cup,

Bosco
16/10/2005, 12:25 PM
instead signed for a South African team - Kiaser Cheifs - if I recall correctly.

Orlando Pirates i think it was

Mayo Red
16/10/2005, 2:32 PM
Does anyone remember a player called Falcon Rose? Think he played with Sligo Rovers? I remember his name being mentioned for a possible call-up to the South African team for the 1998 World Cup. Don't think it ever came to fruition though.

A complete waste of space, he came over from South Africa and was supposed to be the next big thing, but turned into a complete flop. He didn't play an awful lot of games for Rovers, before if I recall correctly he went home for a break for family/personal reasons and never bothered to come back!