PDA

View Full Version : Poor attendance

soccerhead
18/06/2001, 11:49 PM
I was shocked to read in the in the Cork Forum: The attendance for the European game on Saturday was 3,000 peole!

That attendance was hard to take at first, as the game promised so much before hand on the footballing side of things. It got every talking in the town. However, where did everyone vannish to? Boozing on a Saturday Night? was it a bad time? theese questions must be answered!

One would think that it was an attractive fixture! It just summed up how everything went wrong on the day!

Éanna
19/06/2001, 1:46 AM
didn't you alrady post this?

LukeO
19/06/2001, 3:30 PM
i thought that there was more than that cos i was at it and the shed and the main stand were full and there was a good lot across from the main stand:confused:

James
19/06/2001, 6:29 PM
Luke was that you in the Boez jersey in the Hosreshoe, when some of the lads there starting chanting dirty dublin b******s

thanks for making it down to support us anyway if it was.
hopefully there will be some of us up to return the support.

Normal rivalry will of course resume once the league starts

:D

Latvia Here I come
21 hours to our flight:D :D :D

LukeO
19/06/2001, 9:53 PM
but i was wering a bohs jersey. im 13 so you would know if you saw me

gheewhizz
20/06/2001, 1:34 AM
I think the FAI are to blame for poor attendance, not just for the Cork European game but for all LOI games. They don't market the game right at all.

EddieL
20/06/2001, 2:01 AM
I honestly don't think the powers that be are really interested in doing their job,which is to promote the Irish game and encourage greater media interest via the newspapers and tv.To be honest I think they care more for the big international games and the revenues generated there.I follow Pats home and away and I ask the question,how often have you seen one of our "beloved" officials at a LOI match? The only one I've spotted regularly is Michael Hyland and always at Belfield.

gheewhizz
20/06/2001, 2:23 AM
I agree with you EddieL...The only time you see adds for matches (from the FAI) is just before an international games. I have seen Michael Hyland & the President of the FAI, at one match & that was for the U21 league final (LTFC v St. Pat)

niamh
23/06/2001, 9:01 PM
To most of the FAI the LOI isn't as glamourous as the International matches. They are hardly going to get expenses to travel to Waterford to watch the Blues but you know a trip to Cyprus and Spain is nice idead especially when the weather isn't that good here.

The LOI isn't advertised at all. RTE advertise it when they've actually handed out the money to show a match but that's what it is for them...a source of revenue.

The clubs rely on papers to feature stories and previews and then we wonder why the clubs don't critise the media and the media the clubs...