PDA

View Full Version : Kerr Stay or Go?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Finlay Harp
12/10/2005, 8:40 PM
After tonights result has Kerr's position become untenable?

Gareth
12/10/2005, 8:44 PM
He will go. FAI dont want him. Terrible game. Terrible result, but we just didn't have players to play the game well. I am too mneh to even break it down. I don't like Liam Brady though.

Neish
12/10/2005, 8:44 PM
Should Brian Kerr be sacked/resign?

Who should replace him?

colm3012
12/10/2005, 8:45 PM
yes he must.finishing fourth is an absoltue disgrace finshing behind israel and switzerland is appauling. i have never liked kerr his tactics and attitude is appauling. i have been saying this since his appointment not just jumping on the bandwagon now. KERR OUT.

hoopy
His position has been untenable for a long time. Not so long ago on this forum there were people defending him and his tactics. Those people should ask themselves if they actually know what football is all about

The Legend
Out! Start again...

Neish
12/10/2005, 8:46 PM
IMO

Yes he should go

As for who will replace him, not sure possibly O'Leary or Martin O'Neil if he is interested

Gareth
12/10/2005, 8:47 PM
Finnan and Elliot should of been on. Carr was very poor. Keane is not a good player currently. I don't care about his stats. Having a hope in DOherty coming on to win the game says it all.

lopez
12/10/2005, 8:48 PM
Definitely to go. Preferably back to the youth system. Says something that even Eoin Hand managed teams that beat sides better than Albania or Cyprus.

Gareth
12/10/2005, 8:49 PM
Well if he goes the names bandied round will include

Martin O'Neill
David O'Leary
Roy Keane :)

The Legend
12/10/2005, 8:52 PM
Roy Keane's first managerial job should not be the national team...
Martin O Neill would do a good job.
God knows what O'Leary would be like...

dancinpants
12/10/2005, 8:53 PM
We need a partial clear out of players aswell.

Closed Account 2
12/10/2005, 8:53 PM
He'll walk, deep down he must know 4th place isnt good enough he seems like a nice guy, but 4th aint good enough.

Hopefully we'll get Martin O'Neill

Gareth
12/10/2005, 8:57 PM
I was joking about Keane. I really don't know who is up for the job. Martin O'Neill, I don't know. Who knows. Bill O'Herilhy?

Dan K
12/10/2005, 9:02 PM
Sadly, I think anyone expecting O'Neill is living in dream land.

He's out of football for his wife and until she's okay, I can't see him coming back, and if he does, I'd imagine it'll be somewhere like Man Utd.

The Irish possibilities I can think of are Keane and O'Leary. I'm not sure of O'Leary's managerial credibilities, as I think he only works well when he can buy better players in, and Keane would be a huge gamble, if he could get the necessary qualifications quick enough - and if actually has finished playing altogether.

I think we'll be looking 'foreign' again, which doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I just can't think of anyone.

Adrianovic
12/10/2005, 9:03 PM
I'm not one for kneejerk reactions, especially given I didn't see the game tonight, but I feel its time for a bit of a change.

I'd take O'Neill but for the fact he quit Celtic to look after his spouse, and I'm not sure if it would be too early for him or how the wife is doing. We have time on our side though and if his situation changes, then we might be able to tempt him in.

O'Leary is another name. Could it be possible to have a part-time gaffer, like one still at a club? It would make the job more appealing.

Ade

Closed Account 2
12/10/2005, 9:05 PM
Maybe the once-a-monthly nature of International Management would suit MON in terms of his familiy situation.

O'Leary is a chance, maybe Aldridge or even David Moyes

Dan K
12/10/2005, 9:06 PM
Maybe the once-a-monthly nature of International Management would suit MON in terms of his familiy situation.

O'Leary is a chance, maybe Aldridge or even David Moyes

Well Moyes might be available soon if he carrries on how he's going.

Didn't think of Aldo. That'd certainly be an interesting appointment...

junkie
12/10/2005, 9:14 PM
SACK HIM NOW!

I don't care who takes charge just as long as Kerr isn't in charge. No one can be as bad as him. Jaysus I can't belive I'm saying this but I'd rather have Mick McCarthy back any day instead of Kerr. He has brought Ireland down to the gutter and if those muppets in the FAI keep him will sink further. Switzerland x3, France @home, Cyprus away, Israel x 2, Faroes x 2, Italy @home, Albania away and probably many more examples I've forgot about.

This is a very dark night for Irish football but as the saying goes every cloud has a silver lining and with Kerr out now Irish football can rebuild itself.

Giuly
12/10/2005, 9:15 PM
really sorry for ireland lads, honestly. I know you don't need to hear that right now but as happy i am that France finaly qualify (i can't stand the swiss) ireland disqualification really upsets me! I know Duff, Keano were injured but still i was confident about Irish squad and the Fighting spirit (as we use to say about you about Rugby). Know, get back on your feets and prepare next €URO 2008! u have got great players; that generation must win something for FcuKsake !!!

thejollyrodger
your messages of goodbye here since he will be pushed off the plank come the morning :D

BYE BYE KERR ! THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERAGE RESULTS, you just didnt get the rub of the green at senior level. Maybe Pats will take you back. I hope to see you in the Eircom League (tolka park to be exact) soon and we can talk about senior caps for players.

ADIOS Brian Kerr 2002 - 2005 Republic of Ireland Manager

Partizan
Fact of the matter is folks, we dont have the squad in depth like we used to. Can anyone think of any player who is standing out at u-21 level, because I cant. Before we burn effigies of Brian Kerr, we must look at the whole coaching/underage structure in this country and see where is it woefully lacking.

1. We dont have the coaches who have the know-how to implement new ideas. The Irish model imitates the English one, kick and rush....nuff said.

2. The present senior set-up. Roy is gone, Duff is indifferent, Robbie keane bang out of form, so whos left. The rest of the squad are severely limited at best.

3. Brian Kerr, out of his depth at international level as has been shown in this campaign with tactics and tonights game. Yes, tonight's game was there for the taking but lack of any innovation on the sideline (transmited onto pitch) cost us. Kick and hoof a la Jack Charlton does not work any more.

In short, before the FAI push the panic buttons, maybe they should start exploring and looking in depth as to the conduct of the game here, because one thing is for sure, the game in this country needs a radical overhaul and the state of the eL should serve as obvious reminder to the state of the game at present in this country.

junkie
12/10/2005, 9:16 PM
Bye bye Brian..... don't forget to shut the door after you!

thejollyrodger
12/10/2005, 9:16 PM
Who will annonce their international retirement now, cunningham, doc, carr, who ?

I think Kerr will be gone by the morning

Jon'o
12/10/2005, 9:20 PM
easy to kick him out isnt it?? harder to sudgest a realistic replacement though??

sligoman
12/10/2005, 9:20 PM
Why is all this been discussed in the EL section?:confused:

livehead1
12/10/2005, 9:22 PM
f*ck the replacement jst get the c*nt out

thejollyrodger
12/10/2005, 9:22 PM
thanks a million Giuly !!! Best of luck in the world cup !!

thejollyrodger
12/10/2005, 9:23 PM
this isnt the debate thread.. its the good bye message for him.

oh, when your clearing your desk kerr throw those dodgy suits in the bin while your at it :D

Anto McC
12/10/2005, 9:27 PM
Yes,without a doubt and at once

junkie
12/10/2005, 9:28 PM
I don't think Pats would even take him back he's that bad!

dynamo kerry
12/10/2005, 9:32 PM
not o'neill

aldo, whelan, o'leary or **** it go for roy

RedX
12/10/2005, 9:34 PM
easy to kick him out isnt it?? harder to sudgest a realistic replacement though??

Absolute rubbish...MARTIN O NEILL...just in case you missed it i will say it again..MARTIN O NEILL...:rolleyes:

Goodbye Brian Kerr...

brine3
12/10/2005, 9:34 PM
He ****ing brought on Gary Doherty again so he can go.

Jon'o
12/10/2005, 9:35 PM
Absolute rubbish...MARTIN O NEILL...just in case you missed it i will say it again..MARTIN O NEILL...:rolleyes:

Goodbye Brian Kerr...

yeah who left cel*ic to look after his wife, doubt he'll ditch her to come and look after the ireland team

dynamo kerry
12/10/2005, 9:36 PM
why oh why do people think martin o'neill is a good manager

Soper
12/10/2005, 9:36 PM
We want RICO!

boysingreen
12/10/2005, 9:44 PM
Wish it didn't have to be this way. Unbelieveable. Have to go.

RedX
12/10/2005, 9:44 PM
why oh why do people think martin o'neill is a good manager

He has a history of making ordinary teams look good..Wycombe/Leicester City and then Celtic...he has a good standing in the game and he will not accept constant poor displays by players and continue to play them..i am referring to Robbie "guarenteed his place"Keane and Stephen Carr..but one thing he would bring to the job is PASSION!!!!!!!

gael353
12/10/2005, 9:45 PM
Who will annonce their international retirement now, cunningham, doc, carr, who ?

I think Kerr will be gone by the morning

Hopefully Robbie Keane. When he strolled off the field as if to say "who me" when he was getting subbed. He proved to me that he was in it for himself rather then his country.

CollegeTillIDie
12/10/2005, 9:47 PM
Rico
Is actually not a bad idea at all.

liam88
12/10/2005, 9:47 PM
c*nt
It's a proper shame when you abuse someone who tried their best but didn't quite get what was good enough for you. The man got given the job and he gave it his best shot......what do you think he deliberatly threw away results? See how frustrated he was when Israel got their seconed? See how upset he was tonight? If you want a replacement or you don't think he was good ebnough fine. Your opinion. Just don't abuse him like he broke into the job an deliberatly sabotaged the team yeah?

dynamo kerry
12/10/2005, 9:48 PM
won't argue too m uch with that but I'm uncertain he'd gel well with the irish players.. maybe that's what's needed

A face
12/10/2005, 9:51 PM
Should Kerr go ???

I dunno ..... i really dont !!

I was looking for his head on Saturday to be fair (and after both Israel games being honest) but now i dont know.

I have heard a few reasons as to why he SHOULD stay .... and they are good, they are well thought out and balanced .... and probably better than knee-jerk reactions to be fair.

I'll answer later on in the week .... probably be answered by then though !!

Closed Account 2
12/10/2005, 10:26 PM
Steve Staunton could be a contender !

brine3
12/10/2005, 10:27 PM
Thanks Brian, you cared about Irish football, domestically and internationally.

If only some of your players did too.

A face
12/10/2005, 10:31 PM
Kerr bemoans luck

Irish manger Brian Kerr felt that his side endured little luck over the past couple of months and stated that tonight was not the time to answer questions about his future.

The Irish manager was obviously crestfallen as his side’s World Cup qualifying campaign came to an unsatisfactory conclusion with the scoreless draw at home to Switzerland.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/worldcup2006/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=19502)

brine3
12/10/2005, 10:35 PM
we had **** all luck in this campaign, but i reckon we made up for it all in that cyprus match

Closed Account 2
12/10/2005, 10:40 PM
well some of the decisions esp over Senderos perhaps didnt go our way, but im clutching at straws... we were lucky tonight, they had 3-4 sitters and missed all of them (Shay made a great save for 1), other teams would have buried those chances.

oconghc2
12/10/2005, 10:43 PM
luck has nothing to do with it!!! neither team or manager were good enough!

feel sorry for Kerr in a way that some players underperformed on so many occassions but at same time he showed he doesnt have what it takes either on too many occasions!