PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Cunningham's Retirement

mchurl
13/10/2005, 10:24 AM
Just wanted to get a few opinions on kenny's retirement. I think he has been a great srvant of iris football and deserves all our thanksbut i know everyone doesn't think that way:D

junkie
13/10/2005, 10:26 AM
Not exactly surprising but Kenny has been a great ambassador for Irish football. He was one of the few players that genuinely wore his heart on his sleeve for us.

Even though he has slowed down in the last couple of years this is a massive loss for us.

Peadar
13/10/2005, 10:31 AM
He's a gent and always gave everything he had to the game.
I look forward to seeing him in a coaching role.
He is certainly intelligent enough and will easily gain respect.

Thanks a million for everything, Kenny.

drummerboy
13/10/2005, 10:31 AM
Agree with the above sentiments, he has done his country proud and will always be remembered fondly for his great efforts over the years.

eirebhoy
13/10/2005, 10:32 AM
Great player, greatly missed.

Kingdom
13/10/2005, 10:35 AM
He's a gent and always gave everything he had to the game.
I look forward to seeing him in a coaching role.
He is certainly intelligent enough and will easily gain respect.

Thanks a million for everything, Kenny.

I think Kenny has said that when he finished football that would be it for him, there would no coaching or managing.

drinkfeckarse
He's been a great servant for us. I don't think anybody will have a bad word to say about Kenny.

zerocoolie
Fair play to Kenny, he took up the job as the captain after RK (which is a tough act to follow, even if you don't like Roy)

Not the fastest CB, but when in position there's not many better at making a last second interception with an outstretched leg and always did his best for the country.

Thank you Kenny, and good luck with Birmingham

as_i_say
13/10/2005, 10:38 AM
Shame. did he ever get a game at the world cup in 2002? Think the captaincy didnt do him any favours for us but he will be missed.

Rover 2 U
13/10/2005, 10:38 AM
Good Center Half. Bad Captain. Leadership is the main thing the team has been missing over the last number of games, but sadly, Kenny was lacking in this department. Thanks for your service and the memories. Now sit back and enjoy your retirement.

pete
13/10/2005, 10:40 AM
I think its the right time to retire but Kenny been great player & person for the irish team. Always came across very dignified & never involved in tantrums or controversy.

thejollyrodger
13/10/2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks a million kenny for all your services to Ireland.

onenilgameover
13/10/2005, 10:43 AM
I believe he came on in the world cup for one of the matches cant remember which???

I met him once or twice and he was always a captain personified and a complete gent to boot. Thanks for everything Kenny!

Kingdom
13/10/2005, 10:47 AM
I believe he came on in the world cup for one of the matches cant remember which???

I met him once or twice and he was always a captain personified and a complete gent to boot. Thanks for everything Kenny!I think you need to change your sig.....

Ps mines gay too.

Block G Raptor
13/10/2005, 10:59 AM
Paul McGrath Mick McCarthy Kevin Moran............Kenny's name does not look out of place at the top of the list of our best centrebacks

Tremendous man great player and always gratious in defeat
we will struggle to replace this GIANT of Irish football

so Kenny I raise a glass and wish U all the best

Donal81
13/10/2005, 11:02 AM
Thanks for everything Kenny, the consumate professional.

stickyjoe
13/10/2005, 11:18 AM
Kenny Cunningham - at a time when we have been questioning the pride and desire of an Irish Team he is an example of a model professional footballer

Thanks Kenny

smy_eanna
13/10/2005, 12:36 PM
Kenny set a great example for all players but he lacked the inspiration that roy keane had as captain.Nonetheless a great player and served the irish team well.
Cheers Kenny

Saint Tom
13/10/2005, 2:45 PM
Kenny took on a very tough mantle after Roy Keane. I dont think its fair to forever associate him as RK's successor. He was a tremendous captain in his own right and a good leader of men.

He has been a great servant of our Team and he has earned respect ten times over.

Thanks Kenny and enjoy a long and happy retirement