PDA

View Full Version : Belgium are out

Gerrit
13/10/2005, 12:28 AM
I know my family back home will shoot me for this post (on the other hand, they all know I support Norway over Belgium) but I am very pleased with Belgium not going to the WC.

The FA has announced reorganisation now. FINALLY the end of this corrupt board that has been ruling the FA for the last 6 years and made life hell for all clubs except the same 5 big ones...
If this restructuring goes on indeed and if they boycot all big clubs' candidates for new jobs within the FA, then Belgium has not missed the World Cup for nothing.

Thanks to Spain and Serbia for keeping the corrupt FA from further walking their path.

Green Tribe
13/10/2005, 1:22 PM
Well Gerrit, I hope to God that Norway do NOT get through on play-off, bore us all to death! Sorry! Cannot believe they are in a play-off and we are not! :rolleyes: :mad:

thejollyrodger
13/10/2005, 1:29 PM
hard luck Gerrit. We all know your plight :( Lets hope the reform !

pineapple stu
13/10/2005, 2:48 PM
The longest ever run of consecutive World Cup qualifications (as opposed to automatic qualifications) comes to an end. So we're not the only ones to suffer...

Gerrit
13/10/2005, 2:54 PM
Well Gerrit, I hope to God that Norway do NOT get through on play-off, bore us all to death! Sorry! Cannot believe they are in a play-off and we are not! :rolleyes: :mad:

I agree they don't play the most attractive football, but they are and remain my favourite international team. I rather have them going through with a double 0-0 and penalties than not going through despite attractive football.
Think you'd be the same if it were Ireland playing a more defensive style.

Green Tribe
13/10/2005, 3:11 PM
Yip, I'm just extremely bitter and disappointed still. Waking up this morning I had to think for a minute "was it all true, are we really not going to Germany?"

:(

Gerrit
14/10/2005, 4:50 PM
I admit Norway is not playing the most attractive play, but they remain my team. Would you ditch Ireland and chose a different side if Ireland were having a less good team for a few years and playing a more boring way? I don't give up supporting Norway because the golden years are over...

Helstad is in great form, let's hope he torments the Czech defense :cool:

Green Tribe
14/10/2005, 9:41 PM
No I would never ditch Ireland as a team, I will continue to support them throughout their next campaigns, no matter how bad or dull they play

Gerrit
16/10/2005, 2:08 AM
Then I'm sure you also understand why I keep on supporting Norway despite the less attractive style of playing of the last years. I stick with my team :ball: