PDA

View Full Version : Watched the News when the match ended....

liam88
12/10/2005, 9:36 PM
..and the earthquake in Pakistan really put things into perspective.
God Bless all of them.

Jon'o
12/10/2005, 9:40 PM
God Bless all of them.

good point, brings you back down to earth, more important things going on in the world, shame we're so quick to forget that sometimes

liam88
12/10/2005, 9:43 PM
more important things going on in the world, shame we're so quick to forget that sometimes
spot on-I was sitting there absolutley gutted ready to head of to be all miserable then I see people digging with their bare hands in rubble for their children. It's been six days and they know their children are dead but just want their bodies back. Made me quite ashamed really :(

Then I saw them carrying the old people and the injured people across the mountains to get help-people they didn't even know. They could have rushed off to get to the aid first but wanted to help to old/young/inured and they were all doing this. MAde me proud to share the world with such people :)

I'll donate some money tommorow.

finlma
13/10/2005, 8:22 AM
God Bless all of them.

Good point Liam - there are more important things in the world than football. It didn't feel like it last night but its very true.

anto1208
13/10/2005, 2:37 PM
of course loosing a football match is nothing compared to that , but neither is anything we worry about work ,money , what the idiots next door think etc

we are very very lucky to be living in such a wonderfull part of the world and have such little troubles in our lives , so make the most of it !!