PDA

View Full Version : Referee Last Night

Seanie
01/05/2002, 1:47 PM
I felt referee Kim Milton Nielsen had a very poor game in the CL Semi-final last night. My allegiences to United aside, I can't think of how he got 2 minutes injury time in the first-half - just the one injury and subsequent substitution. He let a few fouls go, but for some less serious offences. He booked Butt for nothing much and then Ze Roberto - now this guy misses the biggest game of his life and probably the only chance he has of forcing his way into the Brazilian squad for the World Cup. Yet this referee will be charge at the World Cup.

joe
01/05/2002, 1:54 PM
i didn't think he was all that bad, and certainly a lot better than Kevin Moran's 'expert analysis' suggested.

as for the 2 minutes, well technically refs are supposed to add i minute for an injury and 1/2 minute for a substitution so i don't think he was that wide of the mark, especially if you add in a bit for manchester's goal celebration

Seanie
01/05/2002, 2:24 PM
Hard to believe I miss the auld boys from TV3 - ESPN's commentary is pretty pathetic and the nearest thing to analysis is the co-commentator, some guy called Seamus Mallon - I reckon the politician could do a better job.

No I thought the ref tried to take centre stage - a good referee should not be noticed, but this guy tried the opposite.

Colm
02/05/2002, 2:22 PM
He appeared to give everything to the home side.

AFAIK, hes the same guy that sent Beckham off in the 98 world cup.

James
02/05/2002, 2:30 PM
Originally posted by Seanie
Hard to believe I miss the auld boys from TV3 - ESPN's commentary is pretty pathetic and the nearest thing to analysis is the co-commentator, some guy called Seamus Mallon - I reckon the politician could do a better job.

No I thought the ref tried to take centre stage - a good referee should not be noticed, but this guy tried the opposite.

hahaha good old seamus mallon.. god yea i remember his commentry for the first leg of that game.. we got sick of it in the end and turned the sound down and put on a cd..
:D the stone roses sounds much better while watching manchester play anyway

Seanie
02/05/2002, 6:16 PM
Originally posted by COLM
He appeared to give everything to the home side.

AFAIK, hes the same guy that sent Beckham off in the 98 world cup.

Correct