PDA

View Full Version : Keane's rally cry

concanta
12/10/2005, 9:43 AM
what you think if keane comes over and speaks to the players before the match....bit desperate??? Suppose we are though

the players shoudnt need a gee up for this game though

Lionel Ritchie
12/10/2005, 9:48 AM
What a misleading thread title. I felt certain it would concern Keane having taken up rally car driving and was having a puss about there being no glucose drinks.:eek:

macdermesser
12/10/2005, 9:50 AM
what you think if keane comes over and speaks to the players before the match....bit desperate??? Suppose we are though

the players shoudnt need a gee up for this game though

I think Kerr might be undermining his authority by bringing him into the dressing room to gee up the players.. but then again, he is a very influential member of the squad. .. and might have something positive to contribute.

I'd love to see him shout a bit of pride into some of the players, that vein throbbing at the side of his head, and arms flailing about. It might be the only way to get through to a few of them.

concanta
12/10/2005, 9:54 AM
true it may work against kerr, if he does it and we make it then it will be a master stroke , if not well i think we know what will happen........ i hope we at least get to the playoff cause if we have keane and duff back i think we would have a chance against most teams

drinkfeckarse
12/10/2005, 10:03 AM
I think it would be a good idea, the players shouldn't need any extra motivation but every little helps I suppose. Personally, I love all that stuff but as I say, if the players can't get themselves up for this game then what hope have we got....

Don Vito
12/10/2005, 10:10 AM
Heard on TodayFM news this mornin that Kerr said he has invited Roy to the match and its up to him if he wants to come.

Really hope he's there, think he's the man to get through to the players. It's pretty clear at this stage that Kerr can't motivate them so we need someone to step up to the plate, just look at France, Zidane is de facto manager at this stage, so f*** Kerr if it undermines his authority.

colster
12/10/2005, 10:12 AM
I think it would be a good idea, the players shouldn't need any extra motivation but every little helps I suppose. Personally, I love all that stuff but as I say, if the players can't get themselves up for this game then what hope have we got....

The players will be nervous. A good rousing speech will concentrate the mind and set the tone/approach for the game. I think a Ciaran Fitzgerald "Where's you're f***ing pride" type speech would be great. Kenny Cunningham is quiet typ of bloke. If he came out with a speech like that I think it would do the trick better than if Keane did it. They expect it from Keane.

green-blood
12/10/2005, 10:19 AM
ever heard Brian Kerr talk to a team that were losing at half time.... they know all about it. We dont need Roy Keane in teh dressing room distracting the players. Christ some of todays papers reckon they will all play better with Roy in the stand...will ya ever feck off

drinkfeckarse
12/10/2005, 10:50 AM
What harm can it do to get him in the dressing room, they can get Eileen fcuking Drury for all I care as long as it has a positive effect. Leaders lead and this team lacks one without Keane in it, whether people like it or not.

zinedineontour
12/10/2005, 11:30 AM
it cant do any harm really .. just thought keane would have been over anyway for the game ... he has to be more motivational than uri geller anyway !

Dublin12
12/10/2005, 11:46 AM
What harm can it do to get him in the dressing room, they can get Eileen fcuking Drury for all I care as long as it has a positive effect. Leaders lead and this team lacks one without Keane in it, whether people like it or not.

Uri Geller was given out some positive vibes down at Lansdowne Rd yesterday,I thought he was Israeli:eek:

StuttgartVet
12/10/2005, 12:01 PM
Would be a nice message to send to the players if Keane was at the match - However, Kenny is the captain and Brian the manager - they should be able to motivate the players without any other input!

Don Vito
12/10/2005, 12:20 PM
You've all probably seen this already but here it is anyway for those who haven't:

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p225.htm

I really hope Roy is there tonight, if things go against us tonight his Ireland career is over and it would be a shame if his Ireland career ended the moment he broke his foot.

TheJamaicanP.M.
12/10/2005, 12:29 PM
Heard on TodayFM news this mornin that Kerr said he has invited Roy to the match and its up to him if he wants to come.

Really hope he's there, think he's the man to get through to the players. It's pretty clear at this stage that Kerr can't motivate them so we need someone to step up to the plate, just look at France, Zidane is de facto manager at this stage, so f*** Kerr if it undermines his authority.

Dead right Don. Love him or hate him, Keane is a massive influence. Rumour has it that he gave a stirring speech after the French game. I hope he makes an emotional speech tonight. I have my doubts that he'll turn up though.

Any truth in the rumour that Kerr is going to play a dvd of 'Braveheart' for the players this afternoon? He feels that it might gee them up.

Lionel Ritchie
12/10/2005, 12:35 PM
Dead right Don. Love him or hate him, Keane is a massive influence. Rumour has it that he gave a stirring speech after the French game. I hope he makes an emotional speech tonight. I have my doubts that he'll turn up though.

Any truth in the rumour that Kerr is going to play a dvd of 'Braveheart' for the players this afternoon? He feels that it might gee them up.

Surely a dvd of the last few swiss matches might be a better idea. Save Braveheart (um ..isn't that about the scots?) for the bus to the ground -anythings preferable to the fcuking Wolfe Tones anyway.

Don Vito
12/10/2005, 12:43 PM
Surely a dvd of the last few swiss matches might be a better idea. Save Braveheart (um ..isn't that about the scots?) for the bus to the ground -anythings preferable to the fcuking Wolfe Tones anyway.

I believe The Wolfe Tones have given way to the inspirational Frances Black in the Kerr era.

Lionel Ritchie
12/10/2005, 1:01 PM
A straight swap of one bunch of IRA sympathisers for another then eh?:rolleyes:

Kingdom
12/10/2005, 1:08 PM
I believe The Wolfe Tones have given way to the inspirational Frances Black in the Kerr era.
What are they doing listening to the Pixies. Great music , not sure about the Irish connection though.....

hoops1
12/10/2005, 1:18 PM
Keane should wait until the team are all in the dressing room then
burst in and slam the door, boot Doherty or Morrison straight in the ghoulies
Just to set the mood
Then produce a load of large xmas size toblerone bars from his pockets
"Lads think about all the pain these have casued the roof of your mouth
as you tried to bite them unbelieveable like,and these make them bars with a pointy top these are evil *******s your playing boys do you know what I mean.
Lads dont forget there stupid watches with there silly faces that you cant tell the bloody time like
No wonder the balls where late in Saipan like it was them that caused all the
hassle with them watches
and lads dont ever forget them poxy cuckoo clocks that wake you up every morning"
That should do it

tetsujin1979
12/10/2005, 2:25 PM
There was an article aages ago in the Independent, think it could have been Hogan who wrote it, about what he wishes Houllier would say to his Liverpool team to inspire, basically take the Al Pacino speech from "Any Given Sunday", but he didn't think Houllier was up to it. Time for Kerr to prove he is and deliver a speech to inspire the troops:

I don't know what to say really.
Ninety minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives all comes down to today.
Either we heal as a team or we are going to crumble.
Inch by inch play by play till we're finished.
We are in hell right now, gentlemen, believe me and we can stay here and get the **** kicked out of us or we can fight our way back into the light.
We can climb out of hell.
One inch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you, I'm too old.
I look around and I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make.
I uh....I ****ed away all my money, believe it or not.
I chased off anyone who has ever loved me.
And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know when you get old in life, things get taken from you.
That's, that's part of life.
But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff.
You find out that life is just a game of inches.
So is football.
Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small.
I mean one half step too late or to early you don't quite make it.
One half second too slow or too fast and you don't quite catch it.
The inches we need are everywhere around us.
They are in ever break of the game, every minute, every second.

On this team, we fight for that inch.
On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to pieces for that inch.
We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch.
Cause we know when we add up all those inches, that's going to make the fcuking difference between WINNING and LOSING
Between LIVING and DYING.

I'll tell you this in any fight it is the guy who is willing to die who is going to win that inch.
And I know if I am going to have any life anymore it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch because that is what LIVING is.
The six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it.
You gotta look at the guy next to you.
Look into his eyes.
Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you.
You are going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team
because he knows when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a team, gentlemen and either we heal now, as a team,
or we will die as individuals.
That's football guys.
That's all it is.
Now, whattaya gonna do?

razor
12/10/2005, 2:49 PM
What are they doing listening to the Pixies. Great music , not sure about the Irish connection though.....Sure isn't he one of the Boston Blacks

Kingdom
12/10/2005, 2:51 PM
Sure isn't he one of the Boston Blacks

I'm glad you put it that way!!!! and not the other way around!

thejollyrodger
12/10/2005, 3:16 PM
I think if roy had a team talk 30 minutes before kick off then it would do nothing but help the side. we need all the help we can get.

strangeirish
12/10/2005, 3:52 PM
"Get yer finger out of yer holes and get stuck into these over-rated gimps. When you pull on that shirt, go out and show me that you deserve to be wearing it. The pride of your school and your town is on your backs. Let's go out on that pitch and earn the respect you deserve. Give your mates something to talk about for the next twenty years"

My old PE teacher of many moons ago before we kicked the S**t out of another school to the tune of 4-1 in the final of a Leinster schools competition at Tolka Park.

kingp35
12/10/2005, 4:00 PM
I have that Al Pacino speech saved on my MP3 player now and I listen to it before a match. It is the most inspirtional speech I have ever heard and it certainly gets me ready for a match. Somethig like that is needed and perhaps Roy is the man to do it!!