PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy park memories

dynamo kerry
11/10/2005, 2:39 PM
regarding the mccarthy park documentary:

jpm mentioned it briefly today as did humphires in the times yesterday. I'd not seen this particular documentary (mockumentary) and don't know much about it. anyone care to share their memories

incidentally the humphires reference went along the lines of

'back in lithuania with their backs to the wall, the irish team prepared to come out for the second half. the camera showed steve staunton,, face white with passion, walking up and down the line, roaring into the faces of his colleagues "we don't get beat.. we don't get f*^king beat".. they didn't"

stickyjoe
11/10/2005, 3:27 PM
was the documentary on the box or is on sale on video?

TheJamaicanP.M.
11/10/2005, 3:34 PM
I have a copy of the video. It was produced by Setanta Sport. Excellent watch. McCarthy was so truthful, Humphries was an excellent interviewer and the narration was simple but effective.

Remember that line from Steve Staunton alright. Even Jason McAteer was extra passionate as the players left the tunnel that night. After the 2-1 win, McCarthy left the field with his arm around Mick Byrne shouting at the camera: "Is it Beglin and Giles? Go'on have some some of that. Don't you ****in' underestimate me ya cnuts." Classic!

drinkfeckarse
11/10/2005, 3:37 PM
Never knew of it. Sounds good though!