PDA

View Full Version : FAO Students

liam88
10/10/2005, 3:40 PM
How's the year going so far?
Pretty good here finished applying to my unis, made the debating team and taking my lass to the Freshers Ball tonight ;)
Having said this have a fair load of work and loads of notes to type up. I'm finding A2 year you have to read a lot more books-anyone else noticing this?
You guys just started out uni hows it going?

dahamsta
10/10/2005, 3:42 PM
I hate the word "uni". Sorry, but I do.

superfrank
10/10/2005, 3:48 PM
Where are you liam? Unfortunately, I'm only in 5th year.

Conor H
10/10/2005, 3:53 PM
Where are you liam? Unfortunately, I'm only in 5th year.
Is 5th year to you L.C year caus we call it sixth year even though i didn't do transition year.:confused:

superfrank
10/10/2005, 3:58 PM
Is 5th year to you L.C year caus we call it sixth year even though i didn't do transition year.:confused:
No, I did transition year last year and that was my fourth year. I'm older then liam and I still have another year to go in secondary school after this.

Conor H
10/10/2005, 5:03 PM
No, I did transition year last year and that was my fourth year. I'm older then liam and I still have another year to go in secondary school after this.
Oh ok.Only good thing for me about this year is that it's my last one.:)

gustavo
10/10/2005, 5:58 PM
ah so i'm not the only one:)

holidaysong
10/10/2005, 6:01 PM
Today was my first day of this year, I had one lecture and had to leave after five minutes to get sick...

Cosmo
10/10/2005, 6:05 PM
Anyone in trinity?

Just wondering if the big canteen is open yet as I always go there for my lunch (and during the summer only the one on the ground floor was open and the c**ts in there usually ask for id which costs me just over an extra euro a day :eek: )

holidaysong
10/10/2005, 6:14 PM
The Buttery? All systems are go in Trinity today, everything is open! I love cruising foot.ie in college for free. :D

Cosmo
10/10/2005, 6:45 PM
The Buttery? All systems are go in Trinity today, everything is open! I love cruising foot.ie in college for free. :D

Is the buttery not the one with the plastic seats?

Im talking about the canteen up the steps beside it(??) in the big room with wooden seats?

holidaysong
11/10/2005, 12:05 PM
Is the buttery not the one with the plastic seats?

Im talking about the canteen up the steps beside it(??) in the big room with wooden seats?

Yeah that is the main student dining hall, open from 12pm - 3pm.

Cosmo
11/10/2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah that is the main student dining hall, open from 12pm - 3pm.

Yeah had a wander in today - gone up 50c since the bums finished their exams :eek:

Drumcondra Red
11/10/2005, 3:53 PM
Yeah had a wander in today - gone up 50c since the bums finished their exams :eek:

Hope the irony of that isn't lost on anyone!!!

aido_b
11/10/2005, 4:35 PM
kicked off third year Journalsim in wolverhampton having done 2 years back in dublin. wolves is alright, college is either side of molineux which is pretty damn cool. only in 12 hours a week but doing a load of work for my troubles!

TheJamaicanP.M.
11/10/2005, 6:00 PM

Do I detect a hint of jealousy?:D

I'm in my fifth year in uni. Could probably claim to be one of the more educated members of foot.ie but I wont do that.:D Its going well so far but very busy with my thesis.

joey B
12/10/2005, 8:42 AM
Started a new course at LYIT called Games programming,get to play alot of computer games and not get chucked out for it:D

Dodge
12/10/2005, 9:37 AM
Do I detect a hint of jealousy?:D

I'm in my fifth year in uni. Could probably claim to be one of the more educated members of foot.ie
We could als claim you're one of the thickest, having to repeat your year all the time... :p

Report on yeesterday's news that students have ahuigher rate of stress/depression than similar aged workers.

Macy
12/10/2005, 9:45 AM
Used to go in the Pav for my dinner occasionally. Great value and less hassle without the student card. The cheap beer was great too, especially on sunny evenings crashed out on the grass....

Dodge
12/10/2005, 10:14 AM
So how mcuh would a lunch be in there? Am interested but if its not significantly cheaper, won't bohter...

Cosmo
12/10/2005, 10:36 AM
So how mcuh would a lunch be in there? Am interested but if its not significantly cheaper, won't bohter...

4 euro in the main canteen and they dont check student cards there :)

TheJamaicanP.M.
12/10/2005, 4:34 PM
We could als claim you're one of the thickest, having to repeat your year all the time... :p

Report on yeesterday's news that students have ahuigher rate of stress/depression than similar aged workers.

Obviously you haven't attended a third level institute.:rolleyes:

I've never failed an exam in my life. I'm currently doing a PhD. Not bad for a 22 year old. In two years you may refer to me as Dr. Jamaican P.M.:D

Dodge
12/10/2005, 5:13 PM
I'm sorry, they didn't teach typing in my third level institute. I was kidding anyway. Glad you're doing so well. Glad you know the ret of the board's education too :)