PDA

View Full Version : Cork exiles

Cosmo
10/10/2005, 10:43 AM
A couple of the lads are probably heading down to cork on friday from dublin at around 130 - how long should it take with friday traffic, etc

Dont know why they dont go for the comfort of the choo choo :)

Troy.McClure
10/10/2005, 11:26 AM
Anywhere between 3 and 5 hours I recon. Its taken me 5 on the Aircoach leaving at that timebut then again the Tiktok express takes no prisoners and can get you there in 3 :D

Hecko
10/10/2005, 11:28 AM
if you leave at 1.30 and avoid town (I presume you're going from drogheda around the m50) then you shoudl be alright and get in for about 5.30. The danger is hitting rush-hour in Fermoy. Cork shouldn't be too bad if you take the tunnel, continue to the Kinsale Road round about and turn off for the X. You'll definitley be in tiem for the match though.

If you leave after 2 then you could be in trouble in Kill etc. on the way out of Dublin

exile
10/10/2005, 11:37 AM
fly down you'll be there in 30min

pete
10/10/2005, 12:18 PM
if you leave at 1.30 and avoid town (I presume you're going from drogheda around the m50) then you shoudl be alright and get in for about 5.30. The danger is hitting rush-hour in Fermoy.

I agree leave at 1.30 get there for 5.30, 2pm for 6pm. Leave after 2pm & may not have time for pint beforehand.

The only towns with any traffic with be Abbeyleix (5-10min), Mitcelstown (5-15mins) & Fermoy (10-30mins).

As Hecko said Fermoy is the most congested place but 30mins would be worst case scenario.

A face
10/10/2005, 12:30 PM
Fermoy (10-30mins).

As Hecko said Fermoy is the most congested place but 30mins would be worst case scenario.

Coming over the bridge, there are two lanes of traffic, if you are in the left one ... turn left and then turn right (up a hill) at Centra food market .... follow this road till you come out on the other side of Fermoy (the turn off past the traffic lights by the off-licence at the top of the town)

Mitcelstown (5-15mins) ... there is a turn off left before you start going down the hill towards the Maxol (??) and Amber garages. This turn off will take you to that set of traffic lights (not much of a shortcut but its something, might save you 2-3 red lights) ..... there is also another way to cut out on the other side of the town .... dunno it really well though. It will bring you out at the top of the town but the garage that has just been done up.