PDA

View Full Version : Shay Kelly's injury

MrJoeSoap
09/10/2005, 10:41 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/1009/longford.html?rss

Apparently Shay Kelly picked up a serious injury today in the Longford-Bray game, RTE says it was a broken vertebrae. I'm sure I speak for all eL fans when I say get well soon and I hope it isn't as serious at it may immediately seem.

Joe.

CollegeTillIDie
09/10/2005, 10:49 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/1009/longford.html?rss

Apparently Shay Kelly picked up a serious injury today in the Longford-Bray game, RTE says it was a broken vertebrae. I'm sure I speak for all eL fans when I say get well soon and I hope it isn't as serious at it may immediately seem.

Joe.

I second everything you said Mr. Soap
He's only 31 too it would be terrible to have a playing career ended at this stage of his life.

BrayZil
10/10/2005, 8:26 AM
He looked in a bad way alright. He was down for about 10 minutes before being stretchered off. I hope he's ok.

RonnieB
10/10/2005, 8:44 AM
Aye he went down very heavily. He jumped up to claim the ball and the bray forward seemed to get tangeled with our lad and the two of them collided into him causing him to fall badly. Hope he makes a good recovery to what was a very nasty injury.

Éanna
10/10/2005, 12:29 PM
good news, Shay's a good fella, would have been terrible to see him in serious trouble. wishing him a quick recovery

Block G Raptor
10/10/2005, 12:36 PM
I'm Sure I speak for all boh's fans when I Say that shay was an excellent servent to our club and our best wishes for a full and speady recovery go out to him
Get well soon .............Supa keepa!!

NY Hoop
10/10/2005, 12:50 PM
I'm Sure I speak for all boh's fans when I Say that shay was an excellent servent to our club and our best wishes for a full and speady recovery go out to him
Get well soon .............Supa keepa!!

Well he certainly put a smile on all Hoops when Billy robbed him and walked it into an empty net a while back:D

Hope his injury is not too serious............

KOH

superfrank
10/10/2005, 3:42 PM
I hope he's ok.

What's the deal with O'Brien? Haven't seen him in ages.

Anto McC
10/10/2005, 7:37 PM
Get well soon Shay

superfrank
11/10/2005, 10:28 AM
Didn't you see him yesterday evening ? :p
He's leaving at the end of this season & so we're 'blooding' Kelly - until yesterday that was.
Ehh.....I didn't get to Longford on Sunday. :o

Vitruvian Man
11/10/2005, 2:12 PM
Word coming back is that it is a muscle injury rather than a spinal injury which was initially feared.

I would hate to see him get a serious injury, as the bookies aren't even taking bets on him being offered a new contract at Bohs. So he will need to be fit to find a new club.

Get well soon Shay.