PDA

View Full Version : Just back From Cyprus

Pages : 1 [2]

Saint Tom
11/10/2005, 3:19 PM
have to disagree cowboy Keo has left me destroyed!

Cowboy
11/10/2005, 3:35 PM

Yeah so I found out when I went to change my money back, the saint was off sick :)

Saint Tom
11/10/2005, 3:44 PM
hehehe.. i'm still in ayia napa. back home tonight just in time to drop the bags and to murrays or the lansdowne 1 ish tomorrow.

god bless two weeks holidays

zinedineontour
11/10/2005, 3:59 PM

could only stick the keo for about 4 days of the week .. went back on the cider then ..

tayto repairman
11/10/2005, 4:04 PM
Crap league??? FAI league, is it??? Hmmm you know a lot, don't you???

Its that sort of attitude and the rose tinted glasses wearing, diddly, sure we're only here for the craic mentality that has turned a lot of people against the national team!

it's ok, you're from drumcondra. so i will smile politely and back away avoiding eye contact.:rolleyes:

Student Mullet
11/10/2005, 9:40 PM
I really enjoyed the chants of "Stand up for the Boys in Green". About half of the crowd were on their feet straight away singing along and about half would stay sitting for a few moments in the hope that they wouldn't have to stand and sing.

I vote for more of this, or even better; chants of "stand up" followd by "sit down", repeat as required.

Ash
11/10/2005, 10:24 PM
If it's the same incident as above, that was me giving out sh!te. He was lucky he didn't get slapped about...I think I should thank those who restrained me...!:)

Keep it down Pineapple ... Im trying to watch the forum ;)

onenilgameover
11/10/2005, 11:59 PM
keo was lovely on tap but ****e in a can.......Loads of sun psuedo fans at the game that didn't know we needed to win or else we were fupped....praising ourselves isn'r praise someone else needs to give the praise having said that I still thought we did alright considering the crap we had to watch. Dead right about the suicide watch thingy I've been considering life and the futility of it in the past few days. hopefully I won't be 9.45 tomorow

Green Tribe
12/10/2005, 9:25 AM
i thought the support where i was down near the ireland goal/corner post in the first half was pretty good, but singing tended to turn to fear and quiet nervousness towards the end of the game! :eek: :mad: thought keo was alright, better on tap of course. you're back alive ash! :D

nedder
12/10/2005, 9:40 AM
As you can see from the post but one above, my comments were correct. Too many Irish fans (not all by any means) are now event junkies who think their mere presence at a game is "support". The noise that came over from the Irish fans at the Cyprus game matched the performance on the pitch.

The chant I like best is "Stand up for the Boys in Green" because the muppets who are sitting on their fat a*ses expecting to be entertained and have an atmosphere created by those around them, have to get up from their seat if they want to see the game :D. I have one of them sitting every match at Lansdowne right in front of me. Never joins in a chant, never applauds a good move and the only time he speaks is to give Kilbane a rollicking if he makes a mistake. I expect to see a lot of his type on Wednesday.

Just back from cyprus and agree totally with owls fans. Support was crap. Performance was the worst i've seen but plently of time to give out about it after the game. While you are there you might as well try and lift the team. Also, A crowd of rovers fans were standing behind us and the abuse they were shouting at the irish players was sickening. Why pay all that money and travel that far to do that?? I hope tonight is not more of the same..

pineapple stu
12/10/2005, 12:35 PM
Keep it down Pineapple ... Im trying to watch the forum ;)
:D

Or is that still too loud?

Saint Tom
12/10/2005, 1:38 PM
heard a guy chanting at a crowd of "sitters" ..."your only here for a sun tan" which i thought was pretty witty

Bomb Landsdowne
12/10/2005, 2:16 PM
If your not gonna sing ..stay at home.. if your not gonna sing stay at home ....if your not gonna sing not gonna sing.. not gonna sing stay at home!!! clap clap clap Sang that at the top of my lungs and was told to shut the FCUK up and stop singin were tryin to watch the game.. it only made me sing louder.. There will be no singing tonight at the game it will be dead as a dodo cause the suits wouldnt want to embarrass themselves.. If any of ye are going to the match tonight give it socks for me as im not a suit or a corporate suck up im ticketless Get the suits out of lansdowne!!!!!

Dublin12
12/10/2005, 2:58 PM
If your not gonna sing ..stay at home.. if your not gonna sing stay at home ....if your not gonna sing not gonna sing.. not gonna sing stay at home!!! clap clap clap Sang that at the top of my lungs and was told to shut the FCUK up and stop singin were tryin to watch the game.. it only made me sing louder.. There will be no singing tonight at the game it will be dead as a dodo cause the suits wouldnt want to embarrass themselves.. If any of ye are going to the match tonight give it socks for me as im not a suit or a corporate suck up im ticketless Get the suits out of lansdowne!!!!!

Jaysus,you're annoying me and I can't even hear you:p

horney
14/10/2005, 9:22 AM
were you guys down the front with Mr. Arnold? Think I saw you telling that muppet to shut up
yeah me and galway brian

Cowboy
14/10/2005, 9:27 AM
Yeah t'was u alright, you were dead right to tell that muppet to shut the fcuk up

horney
14/10/2005, 9:27 AM
I take it that was you beside me then?

If it's the same incident as above, that was me giving out sh!te. He was lucky he didn't get slapped about...I think I should thank those who restrained me...!:)

To fill others in - about 20 of us were trying to get a bit of singing going when some ar$ehole in the next block (not as if we were blocking his view or anything) turns around and says "Will you shut the **** up", to a murmured consensus from a couple of others. I lost the rag a bit - obviously we didn't shut up, even started singing "Sh!t team Sh!t fans", and not at the opposition:mad: . At half-time, I had words again, but his sole response was "Shut up you *****", while some other gombeen started asking if my daddy paid for the trip (because I had the UCD scarf on) and started going through the usual UCD-taxpaying stuff (I'm a qualified accountant...). Got restrained again here as well.

The Ireland fans, by and large, were a disgrace. There were pockets of people willing to make an effort - and fair dues - but the ground was hopping before the match, yet when the teams come out, everyone sits down! There are far too many people who are happy to sit down and enjoy a leisurely game of football at these games. They don't mind the build-up, but once the game starts, they get on their moral high horses and give out to anyone and everyone. There were 11,000 Irish in the ground and hardly a tap. Utter disgrace.
i agree fair play

horney
14/10/2005, 9:30 AM
just some clown that says all we can do is sing the originals with no slagging its obviously his first away game

ccfcgirl
15/10/2005, 8:01 PM
I went to both games over in Cyprus and even though both games werent the best to look at .We made our own singing and banter.Met up with lads from the North and sang till our hearts were content .(I even thought them Kevin Doyle songs for when he dose play for Ireland;) )we even got on the star paper with a quote "fans remain optimisti despite one of Irelands worst team performances ever"......I got home on Thursday great trip .Very disappointing though when the pilot said it was a draw at Landsdown:confused: