PDA

View Full Version : Superstition

Ali-G
30/04/2002, 8:19 AM
Do any of ye have superstitions about City?

I will only use a toothbrush with a splash of green on the handle. Otherwise i reckon it could spell the end for City.

wiseman
30/04/2002, 10:53 AM
Yeah I have one
I reckon if we have a crap manager we won't win anything
and last season I was proved right :D
But seriously...if you have them ..get rid of them.
I am assuming you used your toothbrush last season..Didn't work did it!!!
Unless of course you didn't use the brush in which case

:p ALI-G OUT :p

Pablo
30/04/2002, 11:10 AM
i never drink the day before a match ;)

Seanie
30/04/2002, 11:32 AM
I had a superstitution about a scarf I had a few years back - do remember the Cup-winning season and all those draws around Christmas in the League - well I lost the scarf shortly before the quarter-final Cup tie with Sligo Rovers and hey presto! Had to get a new one before the trip to Dalymount - one of those Red ones with "IFA" Cup Final printed on them.

SÓC
30/04/2002, 12:08 PM
I have a lucky red hat that Biscuits stole off me to wear in the Munster Senior Cup Final against Ramblers a few years back. He asked the Shed for a hat, ever since tis a lucky charm:)

What about Éanna's hat, that thing was the devil in hat form, it was hexed.

Éanna
30/04/2002, 1:27 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
What about Éanna's hat, that thing was the devil in hat form, it was hexed.
firmly locked up in a cupboard never to be seen again!

Éanna
30/04/2002, 1:27 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
i never drink the day before a match ;)
I always drink the week before a match!:D

patsh
30/04/2002, 1:40 PM
I normally have a ceremony, where I wear nothing except a pair of football boots and a feather stuck up my ass, then I slit the throat of a goat, and daub the blood on a statue of Gunther, all the while chanting "UEFA Coaching Badge, Grade A"....:cool:
So far, it hasn't worked, much like Gunther and his coaching badge......... :(

joe
30/04/2002, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

I always drink the week before a match!:D

Oh Éanna, you are so cool - can i be in your gang? you do still have a gang, don't you? ;)

wiseman
30/04/2002, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
[B][b]then I slit the throat of a goat, and daub the blood on a statue of Gunther

Ah I see your problem now! You reversed the formula :eek:

James
30/04/2002, 4:46 PM
yea i used to stand in the same place in the shed for 4 or 5 years running.. and i used always end up standing next to/ around the same 3 or 4 people..
but then they moved and i moved and the whole thing went a bit pear-shaped on the park..

Jim Smith
30/04/2002, 5:39 PM
Originally posted by James
yea i used to stand in the same place in the shed for 4 or 5 years running.. Running on the spot for 4 or 5 years? No wonder you are so skinny :p

Troy.McClure
30/04/2002, 6:40 PM
Actually, I seam to be City's lucky charm! Any home match Ive been to we have not lost, except for Shels & Bohs, + I have only been to 2 away matches where we have lost. So usually when I show up, we dont loose :)

patsh
01/05/2002, 9:13 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Actually, I seam to be City's lucky charm! Any home match Ive been to we have not lost, except for Shels & Bohs, + I have only been to 2 away matches where we have lost. :)
So that's 4 matches you have been to then Troy?!....:D

Éanna
01/05/2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by joe
Oh Éanna, you are so cool - can i be in your gang? you do still have a gang, don't you? ;)
Bog off! :p

Troy.McClure
01/05/2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by oddboy

So that's 4 matches you have been to then Troy?!....:D

I make almost all of out home matches. The only reason I dont make them is because of exams (which Im failing ):( I also make most of the Pale matches.

Éanna
01/05/2002, 12:25 PM
yea i used to stand in the same place in the shed for 4 or 5 years running.. and i used always end up standing next to/ around the same 3 or 4 people..
but then they moved and i moved and the whole thing went a bit pear-shaped on the park..
Thats one of the problems I think, is that the Shed is full of little clusters- if we were all set to sing together, dance together and generally go fcukin mental together, it'd be better.

James
01/05/2002, 12:31 PM
**** off eanna, who are you to tell me where to stand or what to join in on at a football match..
most of the muppets that stand around you at games are plain annoying to say the least...and i for one would rather watch the match then listen to some of the ****e your "cluster" / GANG comes out with..

*no offence man :)*

Éanna
01/05/2002, 1:00 PM
i for one would rather watch the match then listen to some of the ****e your "cluster" / GANG comes out with.
So would I! I know exactly who you mean- they have to be the 2 most annoying cnuts I have ever met. No, obviously people are gonna stand with their mates, I know that, but what I mean is that you get bunches of 4 or 5 people standing together and chatting to each other, and then chants just fall flat when a muppet like me starts them- if we were a bit more organised, it would really help the athmosphere.

wiseman
01/05/2002, 1:24 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

if we were a bit more organised, it would really help the athmosphere.

ever thought of standing out front with a megaphone ala Italia

Éanna
01/05/2002, 1:33 PM
yeah I id think of it, but decided against it for a few reasons:
1. i have a terrible habit for making stupid comments, which not everyone appreciates,
2. I can't sing for ****e,
3. I prefer the back of the Shed.

Troy.McClure
01/05/2002, 1:34 PM
Originally posted by wiseman

ever thought of standing out front with a megaphone ala Italia
They did that at the PSG match and it was really good, but it would be a bit of a burden to whoever had it & youd have to watch what comes out of your mouth and the chants you start, coz the club would F you out of it if you started something they didnt like.

Colm
02/05/2002, 2:18 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure

the club would F you out of it if you started something they didnt like. What ever happended to freedom of speech?

I used to stand down the front of the Shed but for about the last 2 seasons I have stood at the back, and I dont need to remind anyone about the disastorous last two seasons!!!

James
02/05/2002, 2:21 PM
Originally posted by COLM
I used to stand down the front of the Shed but for about the last 2 seasons I have stood at the back, and I dont need to remind anyone about the disastorous last two seasons!!!

ROPE ROPE ROPE

Troy.McClure
03/05/2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by COLM
What ever happended to freedom of speech?

Well Id say that if you started shouting "Sack the Board" or "Gunter Out" on a megaphone they wouldnt be long kicking you out. :eek: