PDA

View Full Version : Man Uses T-Shirt to Catch Baby

sligoman
06/10/2005, 9:52 PM
A high school history teacher took the T-shirt off his back to catch a premature baby as a woman pregnant with triplets gave birth in a subway stairwell.

Lanitta Lewis, 30, was on her way to a doctor's appointment Monday when she felt the first birth pains and called out for help. She was largely ignored by commuters in the Bay Area Rapid Transit station until Biko Eisen-Martin took notice.

Eisen-Martin, on a break from Berkeley High, ran to a nearby cafe to call an ambulance and returned in time with his T-shirt to catch a 3-pound girl, he said. Paramedics rushed the baby to Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland.

The other two girls were delivered by Caesarean section at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in Berkeley. The first baby was reunited with her younger siblings at Alta Bates Summit and they were attached to feeding tubes but listed in good condition Wednesday, hospital officials said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051006/ap_on_fe_st/art_baby

carrickharp
07/10/2005, 7:06 AM
She was largely ignored by commuters in the Bay Area Rapid Transit station
:mad:

CollegeTillIDie
08/10/2005, 6:42 AM
:mad:

That's the sort of society the USA is. Which begs the questions as to whether we are closer to Boston than Berlin. I'd prefer Berlin!

Metrostars
08/10/2005, 12:54 PM
That's the sort of society the USA is. Which begs the questions as to whether we are closer to Boston than Berlin. I'd prefer Berlin!

Thats a very broad generalization you give there. I read a story not so long ago where some tourists who were attacked on Grafton street and the passers by did nothing. I could say could make the same assumptions about the whole of Ireland but that would be incorrect.

Plus it's Berkeley, the most liberal area of the country. Wouldn't happen in Texas :p