PDA

View Full Version : Hutton POTM

joeSoap
05/10/2005, 11:10 AM
Hutton player of the month
05/10/2005 - 11:33:10

Derry City captain Peter Hutton is the eircom/Soccer Writers' Association Player of the Month for September.

Hutton had an inspirational month as he lifted his first trophy as Derry skipper when the Candystripes won the eircom League Cup while they also made it 24-games unbeaten to maintain their treble challenge.

'Pizza' was a rock in defence as Derry started the month drawing 1-1 with Drogheda United before winning their next three eircom League games - against Longford Town, Bohemians and Shelbourne.

In Cup competitions, 32-year-old Hutton lifted the eircom League Cup after Derry beat UCD 2-1 at Belfield Park while they also booked their place in the FAI Cup semi-finals with a 1-0 victory over Shamrock Rovers.

Krstic
05/10/2005, 12:43 PM
Hutton player of the month
05/10/2005 - 11:33:10

Hutton had an inspirational month as he lifted his first trophy as Derry skipper when the Candystripes won the eircom League Cup

Ah, Peter Hutton captained Derry to the League in 1997:eek:

Troy.McClure
05/10/2005, 12:50 PM
Why is he called Pizza?

superfrank
05/10/2005, 12:51 PM
Pizza Hut is a class defender, certainly deserved it. Best central defender in the League imo.

lofty9
05/10/2005, 2:59 PM
Fair play to him, he's a good guy and he has won a lot of fans over again since he left for $h€l$. If anyone saw the roasting he got in Drogheda by O'Brien (i think thats who was no9) they would be wondering how he got player of the month. Apart from that he has been outstanding in the other games, but for me Barry Molloy has been City's best player this month and should have been awarded it.

Speranza
05/10/2005, 11:51 PM
He is called Pizza because when at primary school (same one as me:)) his friend had a speech inpediment which meant Peter came out as "Pizza" and it stuck with him.

superfrank
06/10/2005, 3:23 PM
He is called Pizza because when at primary school (same one as me:)) his friend had a speech inpediment which meant Peter came out as "Pizza" and it stuck with him.
Was this a reply to me?

I know his nickname is Pizza. I always thought it was cos if you say "Peter" really quick it sounds like "Pizza".

Anyway, I prefer Pizza Hut.;)