PDA

View Full Version : Should They be allowed in the league

dearodearodear
04/10/2005, 2:01 PM
Dublin City U21 played Mullingar Town away on Saturday in the U21 League. The pitch wasn't in great shape, City had their phones, wallets and money taken during the first half and at the end of the game there was no showers. Is this good enough for the league?

NY Hoop
04/10/2005, 4:48 PM
Of couse not. These 2 clubs should not be in the league in the first place. There is another Mullingar team in the U21 League to begin with:rolleyes:

All league teams should have an U21 side plus representatives from the counties that dont have senior league sides. Frankly I dont see the point in having any side from Mullingar in the league because the midlands is well represented with Athlone Town and Longford.

KOH

CollegeTillIDie
04/10/2005, 5:36 PM
Of couse not. These 2 clubs should not be in the league in the first place. There is another Mullingar team in the U21 League to begin with:rolleyes:

All league teams should have an U21 side plus representatives from the counties that dont have senior league sides. Frankly I dont see the point in having any side from Mullingar in the league because the midlands is well represented with Athlone Town and Longford.
KOH

Those type of facilities are unacceptable without a shadow of doubt.
While I agree that the Midlands are well represented in the League, it has to be pointed out that the Under 21 League has a brief to bring soccer to parts where it has not been played at this level before. Hence the Kerry League and Mayo League having representative sides. The Meath and District League are proposing to field a team in the Eircom Under 21 League based in Navan sometime in the next two seasons. These sites i.e. Mullingar, Mayo, Kerry, and possibly Meath would be the prospective locations for any new EL clubs initiated as part of the Genesis Report.

Éanna
10/10/2005, 3:33 PM
couldn't agree more. there's no way Dublin City should be allowed in the league.