PDA

View Full Version : Richardson desperate for Bohs clash

Baker
04/10/2005, 12:51 PM
From http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaking/story.asp?j=182397815&p=y8z39863x&n=182398701

Cork City manager Damien Richardson is desperate for this weekend’s clash with Bohemians to go ahead despite both clubs agreeing to postpone the fixture because of international call-ups.

Roy O’Donovan of Cork and Bohemians’ Stephen Ward are both in the Republic of Ireland Under 21 squad for the doubleheader with Cyprus and Switzerland leading to the postponement of the game.

But now, Richardson wants the game to go ahead because of fears that of a fixture pile up later with Cork still in the FAI Cup as well.

Richardson said: “Although we would miss Roy, I don’t want games accumulating. I had been thinking the rest would do us good but the players want to play games. I will have a word with Gareth Farrelly and see if we can do something.”

pete
04/10/2005, 2:07 PM
Interesting. Balls in Bohs court i suppose as no obligation on them to change fixture back now.

JDB
04/10/2005, 2:14 PM
Agree with this approach - they're missing a player too so it's fair enough. Otherwise we'll have 4 away games in a row before our last home game to Derry.

patsh
04/10/2005, 2:26 PM
He said at the forum the other night that it was bip pub who wanted to change it in the first place, and City agreed, but was going to look for it to go ahead on Friday.

Big pub won't budge, because Farrelly is injured and won't be able to play.

pete
04/10/2005, 2:28 PM
Big pub won't budge, because Farrelly is injured and won't be able to play.

Theres still probably no obligation on them to change at late stage now. They may choose that want to cash this week instead of 2 weeks time though with probably bigger crowd.

joeSoap
04/10/2005, 2:35 PM
All depends on relations between the two clubs. Bohs have nothing to gain or lose by playing the fixture, but may choose not to as they've prepared for no game on Friday, and also had one last night.

If they've got a soft spot for Derry (unlikely seeing as who their gaffer is), they won't play. If they want to help Cork out they will.

I'd be raising my eyebrows though, if I was Stephen Kenny and they did re-change it.

Colm
04/10/2005, 3:04 PM
I thought it was announced yesterday that it's definately not going ahead on Friday.

Is Rico still trying to get it to do ahead?? I hope he is but they'd really need to announce it by this evening at the latest so that people can arrange time off and buses can be booked etc.

Troy.McClure
04/10/2005, 4:42 PM
they'd really need to announce it by this evening at the latest so that people can arrange time off and buses can be booked etc.

The advantagese of being out of the loop! ;)

Id like it to go ahead a) because 12 days between games and then a fixture backlog is bad, b) coz I saw Bohz last night and they were pure muck, one of the worst performances Ive ever seen, so City should win if they play them soon.

joeSoap
07/10/2005, 9:04 AM
Is it on, or off? If its on I'll be doing an away win on my coupon.

Baker
07/10/2005, 9:44 AM
Is it on, or off? If its on I'll be doing an away win on my coupon.

Its now on the 31st Oct.