PDA

View Full Version : FAO: PATS FANS,Which Forum Will We use????

wws
03/06/2001, 5:16 PM
HELLO TO ALL PATS FANS

the web designer people involved in the old corkcityfc.com site have set up a new hi-tech forum with sections for each of the Premier National League teams at:

www.phootball.com

These Forums use something called Vbulletin......and without getting into specifics they wipe the floor with the vantagenet forum we are currently using on the supersaints unofficial site.

Register at www.phootball.com, takes a second, and check out the new Pats Forum for yourself than make up your own mind......should we continue to use this one or the new www.phootball.com forum one?

I know theres not as many of us around due to the close season but give it a try and see which is better for Pats Fans. Post your responses here or on the Unofficial Board.

As we all know the old Unofficial message board that we are currently using showed its age last season with messages from Liam Buckleys time suddenly magically `appearing` under messages from the current season....not to mention the times it was down altogether.........rather than let this poor service drag on like that we might as well check out this snazzy alternative, especially when you consider that the phootball.com one:

1. Is free

2. is already set up for us! The address is ez to Remember!

3. Looks better, and is easier to use than our old one, and is faster.

4. Includes forums for all the other clubs on the ONE page so you get transfer rumours/team news/views all in the one spot saving you time and money wasted in surfing about.

5. The designers have a plan to set up a community based NL site, depending on the take up of their free forums......so basically this design firm will host a master site where YOU can contribute material to your club`s section in time.

its an ambitious idea and I think it would be massive if it worked out

Anyway Forums first............go and have a look and tell me what you think? I'm all for moving but majority rules I suppose. the problems with the old vatgenet Supersaints Unofficial Board are obvious to any fan whos ever used it. We had a lot of problems last season with it.....so this might be worth a lash?

hayser
03/06/2001, 7:32 PM
agree with everything which was said.also all clubs mb"s are nearer

rebel yell
03/06/2001, 9:19 PM
This is great! I stumbled upon it by accident. I am an exiled
Cork City fan and will use the board to keep in touch. Lets
have fun slagging each other off this year! Bring on the intertoto!:D
:p =laarson

EddieL
04/06/2001, 10:27 PM
I agree it is an exciting new developement,particularly where we can seek other clubs' news in an easier way.Still hope the old unofficial MB will be there,but it looks unlikely.For reasons explained on the aforementioned today,I have had to change my username from Eddie to EddieL.

Joff
05/06/2001, 8:10 AM
Very good set up, I hope that all the Pats supporters come across to this from the old message board.