PDA

View Full Version : The Panel

Pages : [1] 2 3

Anto McC
03/10/2005, 3:55 PM
For those of you who care The Panel starts back tonight.

10pm RTE2

sligoman
03/10/2005, 3:56 PM
Yep, should be a good one

BTW, I corrected your spelling mistake in the title;) :D

Anto McC
03/10/2005, 4:00 PM
Cheers Sligoman

holidaysong
03/10/2005, 6:00 PM
Thanks for the reminder Anto! :)

sligoman
03/10/2005, 6:02 PM
Just for laughs starts again tonight too:cool:

sligoman
03/10/2005, 9:06 PM
Just watching it now and wondering why is that stupid idiot Fiona Looney on it?:confused:. She's not in the slightest way funny:mad:

gustavo
03/10/2005, 9:09 PM
just like jason byrne and that other guy with the longish hair thats on it now

sligoman
03/10/2005, 9:10 PM
just like jason byrne and that other guy with the longish hair thats on it nowJason Byrne is never on it:confused:. You mean Ed Byrne? He's class but not on it tonight:mad:

gustavo
03/10/2005, 9:56 PM
oh yes ed byrne yea he is crap

sligoman
03/10/2005, 9:58 PM
oh yes ed byrne yea he is crapAw no way Gus. Did ya watch Just for laughs before the panel?:confused:

gustavo
03/10/2005, 10:03 PM
saw bits of it , none of them any good except the english guy who was saying to ed how he is usually the token english guy

Macy
04/10/2005, 7:02 AM
Andrew Maxwell was a disappointment - trying to hard with routines rather than actually reacting to what was said.

Nice of Dara O'Briain to give away his FF background with his anti Eddie Hobbs rant too. Mummy and Daddy will be pleased....

Also surprised they reduced the time and 2 guests instead of 3, shorter time with more guests suits the format better imo.

Cosmo
04/10/2005, 7:25 AM
Never really saw much in samantha mumba (especially when she walked by me on suffocks street without saying hello :mad: ) but i thought she looked hot on it last night :)

finlma
04/10/2005, 8:07 AM
Who the hell is that fella with the long hair that says he's a knacker from Kilbarrack when he's more like a lad that went to Eton with his stupid hair cut.

Loved when Gerry Kelly slagged off Fat O'Brian for failing in England.

noby
04/10/2005, 9:20 AM
The worst thing about Just for Laughs is Ed Byrne. Thankfully, they rarely show his routine. There were some good acts on it tonight (The guy with the beard whose name escapes me).

Thankfully, also, that Byrne wasn't on the panel (Jason Byrne would probably be funnier (no, not that Jason Byrne, he's not funny either))
They seem to insist on a token woman, who are often anonymous, but Looney can be better than some. Agree about Maxwell, he tried too hard, and goes way off topic, just 'cos he's a joke to tell. Colin Murphy is by far the best. They should just give him a half hour rant time. Oh wait, they did.

Roo69
04/10/2005, 10:17 AM
Andrew Maxwell was a disappointment - trying to hard with routines rather than actually reacting to what was said.

Nice of Dara O'Briain to give away his FF background with his anti Eddie Hobbs rant too. Mummy and Daddy will be pleased....

Also surprised they reduced the time and 2 guests instead of 3, shorter time with more guests suits the format better imo.

They all had a go at Eddie Hobbs in fairness, and it was quite funny, your man Neil Delamare was quite funny. O'Briain is from Bray - Hardly Mummy and Daddy terortity

razor
04/10/2005, 10:38 AM
Thankfully, also, that Byrne wasn't on the panel (Jason Byrne would probably be funnier (no, not that Jason Byrne, he's not funny either))He's funny lookin, that would nearly do

OBriain is from Bray - Hardly Mummy and Daddy terortity
Don't people from Bray have Mummys and Daddys ?:confused:

Troy.McClure
04/10/2005, 10:45 AM
Dontcha know that Bray is just a huge orphanage?

Did anyone see the uncut bit at the end when they were talking about the Paddy Power ad with the 'There's a time and a place' slogan? Cruel but funny! :D

Maz
04/10/2005, 11:13 AM
Love The Panel, but Fiona is not funny at all, she starts off some story, laughs in the middle of it and bang thats it.
Samantha Mumba showed she has less personality than a stone.
Love Colin-quality

Macy
04/10/2005, 11:23 AM
O'Briain is from Bray - Hardly Mummy and Daddy terortity
Just mummy's? :D Mind you judging by the crowd at the carlisle you would wonder with all the seemingly unaccompanied kids running around....

I actually like O'Briain, but when I've seen him live he has made reference to his soldier's of destiny background and how Dick Roche was pallbearer at his grannies funeral, so might have been more sensitive to his remarks ;) ...

anto1208
04/10/2005, 11:42 AM
Ed Byrne how is this guy making a living from comedy ,

the only comic to put me in bad form every time he comes on my tv .

sligoman
04/10/2005, 1:17 PM
if there gona stick a token chick in the show, the should get the bird from the eircom bband ad's she not funny either but she has got a nice rackNo way. If they have to have a woman on it then put Pauline McLynn(AKA, Ms. Doyle), she's not that funny but she's the funniest woman I've ever seen on it;)

ColinR
04/10/2005, 3:15 PM

went to see andrew maxwell's show in the festival over here a few weeks back, and to be honest found him disappointing then (based on high expectation).

based on what i'd seen of him previously, i had expected a better show. he had a good/very good 40 minutes of material, but at least 20 mins of very few laughs. mind you my mates from edinburgh who never heard of him before that he was hilarious.

btw, he is absolutly tiny - smaller than pat fenlon even :eek:

A face
04/10/2005, 4:37 PM
especially when she walked by me on suffocks street

Does she really have a tash ?? ... or did you get a good look ??

Troy.McClure
04/10/2005, 4:58 PM
I was next to her in Stephens Green Cafe a few months ago. Have to say, the upper lip wasnt the part I was looking at ;)

The Stars
04/10/2005, 5:28 PM
Mumba was looking class as usuall and whoever said about her being as dull as a stone is talking sh!te,it was actually good fun listening to them companied with looking at Mumba.
O'Briàn is a legend,his stand up show is brilliant.
Murphy and Delamere are funny fcukers aswell.

sligoman
04/10/2005, 5:58 PM
I was at Neil Delamere in Sligo a few months ago and I can say that he is a class act without a doubt;)

Bosco
04/10/2005, 10:00 PM
Loved when Gerry Kelly slagged off Fat O'Brian for failing in England.

But ofcourse O'Brian has been hugely successful in england.Thought Kelly was embarassingly dull,countless times there was just pauses of silence when he was on.Never found that Maxwell fella funny anyway

CollegeTillIDie
05/10/2005, 8:36 AM
Ok Fiona Looney is on because she represents a minority in Irish society.
She's an EL supporter. Used to be a regular member of the Hooperati!

Aberdonian Stu
05/10/2005, 1:29 PM
I can't stand Looney, or your man with the long hair. Two remarkably unfunny people. Not a fan of Delamare either to be honest but O'Briain and Colin whatshisface are quite funny.

And yes Samantha Mumba is boring.

I hardly ever watch it because of the time it's on but I saw her clip during an ad break from SVU.

CollegeTillIDie
05/10/2005, 5:31 PM
I can't stand Looney, or your man with the long hair. Two remarkably unfunny people. Not a fan of Delamare either to be honest but O'Briain and Colin whatshisface are quite funny.

And yes Samantha Mumba is boring.

I hardly ever watch it because of the time it's on but I saw her clip during an ad break from SVU.

She(i.e. Samantha Mumba) was actually not that bad. But then you're a bleedin Southsider:D

deecay
08/10/2005, 12:05 PM
I was at Neil Delamere in Sligo a few months ago and I can say that he is a class act without a doubt;)
Was at the same show. Funny fella. Some of the stuff was a bit sick but i still laughed

Anto McC
08/10/2005, 1:00 PM
i thought all the panelists were funny except looney

sligoman
08/10/2005, 2:42 PM
Was at the same show. Funny fella. Some of the stuff was a bit sick but i still laughedWere ya?:confused: Maybe I seen ya there so?;) :D

John83
08/10/2005, 3:00 PM
Funny, sure, but every time I see him I recall the time he shoved poor Aberdonian Stu's camera down his pants. You could just make out the flash. He then gave it back.

Rory H
10/10/2005, 9:36 AM
Were ya?:confused: Maybe I seen ya there so?;) :D

thats where ye had yer 2nd date lads,remember:D

delamare is the funniest,the eddie hobbs bit was the best

"mary and john have an income of 90,000 euro,they are currently spending 1,000000 a year,they dont know where they are going wrong"

in that stupid cork acicident,brilliant:D

samantha mumba was good,would have been better if she danced on the table for a while though

Roo69
10/10/2005, 9:51 AM
He's funny lookin, that would nearly do

Don't people from Bray have Mummys and Daddys ?:confused:

Nah we just have Ma's and Da's, Mummy's and Daddy's reside about 30 minutes north of Bray in the like of Foxrock etc...

On another note i've got tickets for the final show of the serious in December and there also doing a show in Bray which i have tickets for, looking forward to it.

Aberdonian Stu
10/10/2005, 10:14 AM
Might I just point out that it wasn't my camera, it was the college's property. Had it been my camera...well let us say I would have unleashed the fury.

Troy.McClure
10/10/2005, 1:14 PM
Had it been my camera...well let us say I would have unleashed the fury.

He would! I've seen him do it! (http://images.barewalls.com:80/preview/k3/k3Marvel_hulkp.jpg)

sligoman
10/10/2005, 3:39 PM
On another note i've got tickets for the final show of the serious in December and there also doing a show in Bray which i have tickets for, looking forward to it.I was at one of the shows in the last series, it's brilliant, there's so much extra stuff that you dont see on TV:cool:

carrickharp
11/10/2005, 7:15 AM
What did ye think of last nights show, a bit hit and miss again I think myself. A scare at Bedtime was good though:D

Maz
11/10/2005, 10:48 AM
Ah I thought it was a lot better last night, no fiona so it was always gonna be better i suppose. Jimmy Carr and Colin Murphy quality last night, very funny

dahamsta
11/10/2005, 10:59 AM
Changed after about two minutes. Dara O'Briain annoys the hell out of me with his "aaaaahh" every fifteen seconds, it's the stupidest comic hook I've ever come across. I wouldn't mind, but Jo Brand was doing it ten years before him (and it wasn't funny then either).

I've seen him on panels on other shows recently and he hasn't been so bad lately, but he's an awful presenter.

Anto McC
11/10/2005, 10:46 PM
How do i get my hands on tickets,to go to see it live?

sligoman
11/10/2005, 10:51 PM
How do i get my hands on tickets,to go to see it live?Their used to be ticket details on The Panel website but I just checked it there and there's not anymore. Maybe all the tickets have been issued already?:confused:

Anto McC
11/10/2005, 10:53 PM
Cheers Sligoman,I didnt even know there was a website

sligoman
11/10/2005, 10:58 PM
I didnt even know there was a websiteWell it's on the RTE website but it's in a section about The Panel:o

Anto McC
11/10/2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks for letting me know anyway Sligoman,much appreciated :)

sligoman
11/10/2005, 11:28 PM
Thanks for letting me know anyway Sligoman,much appreciated :)No problem, I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on seeing them live:)

sligoman
17/10/2005, 8:06 PM
Tonights guests are Keith Duffy and Aoife Ni Thuarisg(whoever the feck she is:D )

Be sure to tune in;)