PDA

View Full Version : Pointless friendly

Krstic
03/10/2005, 10:25 AM
Why have Derry City arranged a friendly with Coleraine for next teusday night???

I hope it's a reserve side, don't need any silly injuries:mad:

brandy86
03/10/2005, 10:49 AM
I wouldnt say that its pointless, people like McCrystal, E.Doherty, Higgins, Eddie etc.. need games and through in some u-21 players we'll have a decent team up there.

I cant see any of the current first team playing with the game against Harps on Friday.

Krstic
03/10/2005, 10:54 AM
On that point, what's the craic with Higgins??

Has he been injured or just out of favour???

I think he's a cracking player!!!

brandy86
03/10/2005, 10:59 AM
Higgins is a great footballer, great at passing the ball.

I dont think that he's injured, i just think that he has lost his place in the team.

Barry Molloy has been outstanding this year and i cant see anyone moving him out of the side between now and the end of the season.

Higgins i think is just going to have to wait for his chance to come round again.

MariborKev
04/10/2005, 9:11 AM
Higgins didn't play for the U-21 on Sunday, whereas most of other fringe players did, so I reckon he might have a knock

brandy86
04/10/2005, 9:56 PM
Coleraine 1 - 2 Derry City

A poor enough game from both sides, alot of mistimed passes and short on quality. Derry had most of the chances and should have won by more goals but for poor finishing.
A great goal by young Mark McGavigan to put Derry one up, chipping the keeper from near the half way line but he didnt have a very good game overall.
Second goal scored by Gerry Gill after a good run and cross from Cash.

Best for Derry IMO where Cash, Higgins and O'Flynn (who came off injured early in the second half).

The Derry Team was:-

Eugene Ferry

Damien Brennan
Paddy McLaughlin
Mark Mukendi
Mark McCrystal

Brian Cash
Eammon Doherty
Ruaidhri Higgins
Ryan Mc Gavigan

Gerry Gill
Stephen O'Flynn

A face
05/10/2005, 11:27 PM
How many of them are on the first team ??

OneRedArmy
06/10/2005, 12:08 AM
How many of them are on the first team ??
7 have made League appearances this season.

None started the last few games.

Just goes to show the strength of our squad.

crc
06/10/2005, 12:23 AM
Why have Derry City arranged a friendly with Coleraine for next teusday night???

I hope it's a reserve side, don't need any silly injuries:mad:
I'd say Coleraine wanted the game for some extra cash, something we ourselves needed in the not too recent past. Its good to see there's a bit of depth in the squad.

MariborKev
06/10/2005, 9:40 AM
It was us who asked Coleraine for the game.

There were a couple of hundred at it

lofty9
06/10/2005, 12:43 PM
Higgins hasn't even made the bench in the last number of matches. I've seen him play for Coventry reserves a number of times and he has never played a holding midfield role before, he was always an attacking midfielder who created chance after chance for the forwards. He is a brilliant player who given the ball can control the whole tempo of a match, but I don't think we have even seen him close to what he is capable of. I have noticed how many brilliant through balls he has put through for Farren and Beckett this year - a quality which is lacking in the league. I would like to see him play alongside Mollloy to see how they would gell together. But I suppose now isn't the time for experimenting!

Krstic
06/10/2005, 1:32 PM
Totally agree with you Lofty9, One for the future hopefully:o

A face
08/10/2005, 10:42 AM
Just goes to show the strength of our squad.

Or how poor Coleraine were !! :D :p