PDA

View Full Version : Thought ye should all see this

sligoman
03/10/2005, 1:23 AM
Posted by Derek(Dublin City fan) in the EL forum:mad:

SLigo Rovers 1:1 Dublin City

I did'nt know how to start this thread. I had several headings in mind but just went with what you see above. First things first, I am by no means a prude or sensitive and I expect the Shamrock Rovers fans to read the heading and open up with all guns blazing but in this instance I am able to say that this is not about Shamrock Rovers antics, no this one is about our country cousins over in the west, Sligo to be precise.

I went to watch Sligo Rovers play Dublin City in the first division last night and it shaped upto be a great night, we got to the ground an hour before kickoff, parked the car and then went for a couple of pints, I figuered two pints would be ok as it would be three hours and a big mac before I drove home.

The game kicked off to a full house, at least 2000 Sligo fans, we had very few fans, five singing and five/ten board/family of Dublin City. so what has this got to do with my complaint, nothing apart from setting the seen.

Dublin played very well being on top for the firsat 45 minutes giving the handful who traveled something to sing about, now I know that when your team is playing well then the opposition fans will get on your back a little and that is part of following football, I had the usual comments of "You fat b@stard" and other such like which do not cause me any great concern even though I would not sling this kind of remark back.

What upset me and made me want to become a bit of a hooligan was the remarks about myself and my nine year old son. Too be honest if I wasn't in such a good mood and most importantly trying to show the nipper a good example I would have kicked the sh!te out of the people who slung the offensive remarks our way. The jist of the comments were about me picking my son(maybe they did not know he was my son) up in a local toilet and having sex with him. Even as I write this thread I am so annoyed with this situation that I would like to go back down to the Sligo sh!t hole and knock the balloxs out of the pr!cks who used this kind of cr@p to stop us singing. My young lad is still upset with the bullsh!t he had to listen too. I have spent several hours talking to him about the reasons why these muppets spoke to us in this way, but to be honest I don't know if the EL is worth this kind of crap, How do people come up with this kind of nonsense? Are they trying to immatate the stuff they see on the english TV? What would drive fans of football to inflict this kind of abuse on kids?

I reckon I will get reponses of sympaty and ignorance on this subject but that is OK. I just wanted to let off some steam about the crap my son and I had to listen too last night. I know if I told his mother the real reason he was crying at the game then that would be his last game. Is that what we are trying to achive? Trying to put the kids off following the EL?

I just hope that when then morons went home after the game they maybe felt looking back on the situation that they had crossed the line between following your team and being a w#nker although some how I doubt it.

Sligo fans you should be ashamed to hve muppets like this in your ranks.
Derek.

Rory H
03/10/2005, 8:27 AM
ya well,we all know we have a scumbag element...its up to the powers to get rid of it....and the stewards;)

Redie
03/10/2005, 8:58 AM
Quote "How do people come up with this kind of nonsense? Are they trying to immatate the stuff they see on the english TV?"

Nail firmly hit on the head. That is exactly their problem. They think they should behave the way English supporters do so they can claim to be "Real Fans"
Nothing demonstrates this more than when they burst into that pathetic Millwall Anthem 'no one likes us we don't care' when we all know that with the possible exception of Galway United fans we are very well liked within the el and most other teams like to see us do well and hope we get promoted.
Maybe it is the mission of these 'supporters' to turn us into a club that no one really does like

SRFC Head
03/10/2005, 9:04 AM
If I seen that happening I would have done something about it, there are some real w*ankers that think they are real supporters but are only ruining the expierence for fans like this man, who was just supporting his team.

roversforever
03/10/2005, 11:48 AM
thats way out of order.get them banned from the ground if we know who they are.:mad:

betty swollox
03/10/2005, 1:11 PM
i think the majority of us know exactly who the five/six muppets involved here are,they irratate me more and more every week up until the point where i dont think i'll stand in the shed anymore(the place iv stood for the last 15 years which is a lot longer than most of those idiots) iv also noticed that the atmosphere at away games when said people stay at home (i.e. cork) is much better crack and the singinging is far more inclusive, even in the showgies when ever other groups of supporters do anything to create an atmosphere the shedheads will try their best to make sure its a failure(samba band, trusts drum,sound in the ground etc)
the english hooligan act is just ridiculous, there not "hard" they consist of a few twenty somethings and a couple of acne riddled teenagers who follow them around like sheep and laugh at the comments made about peadophilia etc,the boiling point of my dislike for the shedheads had to be the game against celtic youths when they decked the shed in celtic flags, wore celtic jerseys, cheered when celtic scored and booed stephen o'd for retaliating when one of the scottish c**ts kiked him,
I think its time for these lads to be barred from the showgies for good and leave the shed too the truly hardcore bit o'red ...like it always has been

Red4Eva
03/10/2005, 1:17 PM
i had a cupla run ins with one of these "fans" early in da season&nothin wud make me happier than to see this intelligent gentleman banned from club. there was bout 80 of us in cork&we made 10times the noise there was on saturday bcos these gobsh*tes weren't around

red_away
03/10/2005, 1:22 PM
Very Sad for the club we love - but you can forget the stewards and club - As I have learned from my travels with the ROI supporters club, the only truly effective method of stopping this kind of behaviour is thru 'self policing'!

We should all take responsibility for those around us representing the club!

red arrow
03/10/2005, 6:23 PM
on behalf of sligo rovers supporters i wish to apologise for the behavior of these loutish pigs. i can emphatise perfectly with you and please apologise on our behalf to your son also. i will make it my business to pass on your total annoyance to a member of sligo rovers committee and i can gurantee you that this scum will be turfed out at the next home game. we do not want these people they are not supporters and i think if anybody on this board knows their names they should immediately post them so that immediate action can be taken

red arrow
03/10/2005, 6:32 PM
having gone through the posts and read them all, i now call on the following "redie", "srfc head", "rovers forever" "betty swollux" " red for eva" "red army" and myself "red arrow" to inform the management commitee who these guys are. if yee know names put the on the board and i will forward them immediately to rovers. take action now

sligoman
03/10/2005, 6:37 PM
I thought all the shedheads were down the railway end in the second half, so maybe it wasn't one of them?:confused:

The Stars
03/10/2005, 6:39 PM
ya most of them were,wondering who said those things now.
Can derek tell us what they looked like,might rule out a few.

1 9 2 8
03/10/2005, 9:29 PM
Lads I would take this with a pinch of salt in one of his posts he says

Raising it with the club would be a waste of time as the incident is already old news,
Some thing may have happened in the Jinks Avenue stand but if it was anything serious I think our stewards (one of the best in the country) would have dealt with it
He also says

I have no names, no pictures, no witnesses to point out who said what
In a packed Showgrounds with no witnesses I find this very hard to believe.

feo123
03/10/2005, 10:17 PM
I seen some muppet takin one of the sticks for the drum off a dublin fan and runnin away with it and almost startin a fight too!

Shiba
03/10/2005, 10:24 PM
i think the majority of us know exactly who the five/six muppets involved here are,they irratate me more and more every week up until the point where i dont think i'll stand in the shed anymore(the place iv stood for the last 15 years which is a lot longer than most of those idiots) iv also noticed that the atmosphere at away games when said people stay at home (i.e. cork) is much better crack and the singinging is far more inclusive, even in the showgies when ever other groups of supporters do anything to create an atmosphere the shedheads will try their best to make sure its a failure(samba band, trusts drum,sound in the ground etc)
the english hooligan act is just ridiculous, there not "hard" they consist of a few twenty somethings and a couple of acne riddled teenagers who follow them around like sheep and laugh at the comments made about peadophilia etc,the boiling point of my dislike for the shedheads had to be the game against celtic youths when they decked the shed in celtic flags, wore celtic jerseys, cheered when celtic scored and booed stephen o'd for retaliating when one of the scottish c**ts kiked him,
I think its time for these lads to be barred from the showgies for good and leave the shed too the truly hardcore bit o'red ...like it always has been

This is going over old ground as we all know who thse w@nkers are.I havwe said it in the past and got slated for it even named these muppets in the past.Luckily for these lads this seems to be a patient man who this happened to but I would gladly have given him a hand to kick the sh1te out of these fella's.If 1one of them had even hint at somthing like that with my sons they'd know what six foot two 16 stone can do for a fat b@stard.Apoligies for the language but this club doesn't need this scum at games.There was good light hearted fun all week with the song for saturday night do we really need the rest.

Shiba
03/10/2005, 10:29 PM
Lads I would take this with a pinch of salt in one of his posts he says

Some thing may have happened in the Jinks Avenue stand but if it was anything serious I think our stewards (one of the best in the country) would have dealt with it
He also says

In a packed Showgrounds with no witnesses I find this very hard to believe.
Look 1928 .You know for a fact that this incident did happen and we all know who sre more then likly behind it.If you are at the games for the last few seasons,these same fellas are at it because they think their hard.Just cowards hiding in the crowd.

roversforever
04/10/2005, 5:46 PM
on behalf of sligo rovers supporters i wish to apologise for the behavior of these loutish pigs. i can emphatise perfectly with you and please apologise on our behalf to your son also. i will make it my business to pass on your total annoyance to a member of sligo rovers committee and i can gurantee you that this scum will be turfed out at the next home game. we do not want these people they are not supporters and i think if anybody on this board knows their names they should immediately post them so that immediate action can be taken
sorry mate i have no idea who they are but if i did i promise you i would post their names without hesitation.

1 9 2 8
04/10/2005, 6:41 PM
sorry mate i have no idea who they are but if i did i promise you i would post their names without hesitation.
I would advise you not to that is a legal situation you or the owners of foot.ie do not want to get into

red arrow
04/10/2005, 7:45 PM
i believe that there was a lot of people phoning in to ocean fm this morning regarding this incident on sat night. i didnt hear it myself but apparently thre was a lot of disgusted people and some mentioned that they would not go to showgrounds again unless these louts were thrown out. i do agree that names cannot be posted on board 9my apologies for requesting same) but if some one knows who these guys are then a list should be posted into management at the showgrounds. dont let these idiots off do it now or we will all suffer later on when these clowns do some serious damage

sligoman
04/10/2005, 7:47 PM
Well if it was on ocean fm then the show is repeated again tonight at 2am for anyone interested;)

sligoman
04/10/2005, 8:03 PM
How about we all email (SECRETARY@SLIGOROVERS.COM) the club complaining about what happened and demand that something gets done about it?:confused:

Shiba
04/10/2005, 9:31 PM
How about we all email (SECRETARY@SLIGOROVERS.COM) the club complaining about what happened and demand that something gets done about it?:confused:
I did all ready! But ya its a great Idea the more people that do,the more obliged the club will be to do.Also sent email to weekender with a copy of Dereks Post!

sligoman
04/10/2005, 9:34 PM
I did all ready! But ya its a great Idea the more people that do,the more obliged the club will be to do.Also sent email to weekender with a copy of Dereks Post!Good, cos as you say, the more publicity this issue gets then the quicker the club will react, especially when it's negative. I sent an email to the club too;)

sligoman
05/10/2005, 1:51 AM
Well if it was on ocean fm then the show is repeated again tonight at 2am for anyone interested;)I heard some of it so far. Yer wan read out the post made by Derek and they're inviting calls from the public on it now.

sligoman
05/10/2005, 4:27 PM
Rovers said it had come to their attention that a small group of persons used foul and abusive language at last Saturday's game.

"Sligo Rovers management committee will continue to ban from the Showgrounds anyone engaging in such disgusting activity. We encourage people to support the team and enjoy themselves but will not tolerate ugly and stupid abuse"

Schumi
05/10/2005, 4:29 PM
will not tolerate... stupid abuse
Intelligent abuse is still allowed, nice one. :D

dublinred
05/10/2005, 4:35 PM
Rovers said it had come to their attention that a small group of persons used foul and abusive language at last Saturday's game.

"Sligo Rovers management committee will continue to ban from the Showgrounds anyone engaging in such disgusting activity. We encourage people to support the team and enjoy themselves but will not tolerate ugly and stupid abuse"

About time , I like many others, used to enjoy watching matches from the shed but the some of the morons in there in recent years have done a really good job of emptying it as many people would not stand in there for fear of being associated with the level of crap being sung from it.