PDA

View Full Version : Fortunate Chelsea according to Aertel

gspain
02/10/2005, 7:27 PM
Aertel's headline on Liverpool v Chelsea is "Fortunate Chelsea put 4 past Reds". :eek:

I rang them and they guy who answered said he hadn't written the headline or the report but he thought it was accurate and related to the nature of the lucky goals particularly Drogba's. When I pointed out that Drogba didn't score he muttered something and said he was sure it was a fair report.

I don't know why I bother to check it anyway as I couldn't believe the score of our U21 game (eventhough we did win) after reading and listening to that tripe.

At least their premiership scores are accurate unlike their EL ones.

sligoman
02/10/2005, 7:32 PM
Did you watch the match?:confused:. Fortunate is what Chelsea were:mad:

pete
02/10/2005, 7:34 PM
I only saw the 2nd half but Liverpool barely created a chance in the whole 2nd half.

sligoman
02/10/2005, 10:22 PM
I only saw the 2nd half but Liverpool barely created a chance in the whole 2nd half.Chelsea dominated the second half but Liverpool were better in the first;)

finlma
03/10/2005, 7:49 AM
That chubby Spanish fella Benitez is rubbish. His tactics are terrible - one lone striker at home being supported by a useless player Garcia and a left-back Risse???
All the long balls too - terrible to watch.
Everyone goes on about how great Crouch is too but he's a striker and hasn't scored a single goal. Mid-table obscuirty is where Liverpool belong and hopefully they won't fluke any more trophies.

gspain
03/10/2005, 8:02 AM
Did you watch the match?:confused:. Fortunate is what Chelsea were:mad:

Yes I did - unless you mean fortunate that Liverpool were so bad then I don't know what you mean.

noby
03/10/2005, 8:11 AM
They were fortunate that Djimi Traore was playing.

"Don't blame it on Riise,
Don't blame it on Cisse,
don't blame it on Didi,
Blame it on the Djimi.
He just can't, he just can't, he just can't control his feet."

razor
03/10/2005, 8:16 AM
While I don't think Chelsea were fortunate to have won the match the scoreline at the end flattered them somewhat.

pete
03/10/2005, 9:55 AM
BBC:

"Chelsea strengthened their stranglehold on the Premiership in impressive style, with a crushing victory at Liverpool."

Aldini98
03/10/2005, 10:17 AM
Quite simply Crouch is the most over-rated striker in the Premiership, he STILL hasn't scored for Liverpool but Sky reckon "his career is on the up and up", his height is the only thing on the up and up if you ask me. Garcia was soooo sh*te yesterday as well.

finlma
03/10/2005, 10:32 AM
Quite simply Crouch is the most over-rated striker in the Premiership, he STILL hasn't scored for Liverpool but Sky reckon "his career is on the up and up", his height is the only thing on the up and up if you ask me. Garcia was soooo sh*te yesterday as well.

I agree - Garcia is a rubbish player. He has very little input to a game and is afraid to get stuck in (excpet to break Roy Keane's foot :mad: )
Crouch does have some nice touches for a big lad but he's a striker and he's not scoring goals.

redgav
03/10/2005, 10:42 AM
I agree - Garcia is a rubbish player. He has very little input to a game and is afraid to get stuck in (excpet to break Roy Keane's foot :mad: )
Crouch does have some nice touches for a big lad but he's a striker and he's not scoring goals.

Apart from 15 goals last season ,and two already this year,Garcia's ****e :rolleyes:

He is a luxury player that when the team is winning and scioring who's skills are heralded , but as soon as the result is less favourable ,he's a target for the "he's ****e" mob.....all last season was the same cack , one game he was great , next he was being shredded

He does tend to lose the ball with his flicks and some times he does irritate me ,but then he does things like score from 25 yards against the best keeper in the world ,

noby
03/10/2005, 10:46 AM
The theory is ok: stick Crouch up front; knock balls up to him, he'll flick on/lay them off. Unfortunatley, the support (Cisse, Riise, Garcia etc.) isn't up to it at the moment. He needs to play two strikers, and see how that goes.
Chelsea play pretty much the same system, but it works for them.

Karlos
03/10/2005, 11:30 AM
In fairness to Crouch, i think he's playing quite well and I've been impressed with his touch and close control. I think he'll prove a valuable player for Liverpool but would prefer to see someone play up beside him like Cisse or Morientes.

As for not scoring yet well that's happened with many strikers at many clubs. It was around this time of the year when Denis Bergkamp got his first goals after signing for Arsenal - 6 games or so and on the back of a dreadful year @ Inter - same with Henry - both I would consider far more talented than Peter - it happens to the best of them.

Crouch has been injured for a few games aswell so nothing to worry about on that score in my opinion, I've no doubt the goals will come for him.

redgav
03/10/2005, 11:55 AM
In fairness to Crouch, i think he's playing quite well and I've been impressed with his touch and close control. I think he'll prove a valuable player for Liverpool but would prefer to see someone play up beside him like Cisse or Morientes.

As for not scoring yet well that's happened with many strikers at many clubs. It was around this time of the year when Denis Bergkamp got his first goals after signing for Arsenal - 6 games or so and on the back of a dreadful year @ Inter - same with Henry - both I would consider far more talented than Peter - it happens to the best of them.

Crouch has been injured for a few games aswell so nothing to worry about on that score in my opinion, I've no doubt the goals will come for him.

Good man ....a sense of perspective finally ....Agree about Crouch , for such a big lad ,his close control is suberp .A bit more movement from our midfielder ( along with Jaoquin and simao in jan ;) ) and Crouch will be evn more effective .
Sadly, much as I like him, Cisse's LFC career is over
The same problem positions that dogged Houllier are at the moment still there ...pacey CB and RM/LM...Risse has been awfull and Hyypias lack of pace is being exploited.

The goals will come ,depite what the doom merchants say

declan hide
03/10/2005, 12:28 PM
The theory is ok: stick Crouch up front; knock balls up to him, he'll flick on/lay them off. Unfortunatley, the support (Cisse, Riise, Garcia etc.) isn't up to it at the moment. He needs to play two strikers, and see how that goes.
Chelsea play pretty much the same system, but it works for them.

you've hit the nail on the head there son. chelsea play one up front but have duff and robben circling drogba (who apart from yesterday wont win or hodl the ball up better than crouch)

riise will be find on the left of a 4 man midfield but its asking a bit much from him to play supprt to coruch in a 5 man one.

pool just dont have the players to play one man yet. i'd like to see them play two up front until the get the right players in.

how come pongolle, whos a frennch under 21 international and cost the club next to nothing plays more than cisse, a full french international who cost the club 14 million? cisses days are numbered.

anto1208
03/10/2005, 12:38 PM
how come pongolle, whos a frennch under 21 international and cost the club next to nothing plays more than cisse, a full french international who cost the club 14 million? cisses days are numbered.

probibly because he is one of the most skillfull players at liverpool at the moment , and cisse is a bag of sh1te , wont even header a ball what kind of striker has never scored with his head ??

OwlsFan
03/10/2005, 12:43 PM
First time Liverpool have conceded 4 at Anfield in the league since 1969 :eek: Says it all even if 3 of the goals were from Liverpool mistakes.

Nice to see Duffer on the scoresheet :D .

Not nice to see Finnan asleep for the throw in for 3rd or 4th goal - can't remember which:(

Although I don't like him for his antics when he's touched, Drogba did well for the donkey he was described as by Dumpy.

Lionel Ritchie
03/10/2005, 2:04 PM
While I don't think Chelsea were fortunate to have won the match the scoreline at the end flattered them somewhat.

Agreed. I watched the game and Liverpool looked handy enough in spurts and had Chelsea on the backfoot for a time after Chelseas first AND second goals. But Chelsea picked them off and punished mistakes.

But 1-4 flatters Chelsea a bit.

declan hide
03/10/2005, 2:34 PM
probibly because he is one of the most skillfull players at liverpool at the moment , and cisse is a bag of sh1te , wont even header a ball what kind of striker has never scored with his head ??

wasnt asking an everton fan to come on and be stupid....

sligoman
03/10/2005, 4:36 PM
While I don't think Chelsea were fortunate to have won the match the scoreline at the end flattered them somewhat.That's what I meant. Liverpool did not deserve to win but Chelsea didn't deserve to win 4-1. The scoreline did certainly flatter the blues

anto1208
04/10/2005, 9:38 AM
wasnt asking an everton fan to come on and be stupid....

how is it being stupid , he is the most skillfull player at liverpool , according to the liverpool players but what would they know they only train with him every day ??, and check cisse's stats never scored with his head .