PDA

View Full Version : Cork City v UCD latest

coislaoi
02/10/2005, 7:21 PM
After 65 mins it's City 1 UCD 0. John O'Flynn for City after 9 mins. Long sent off for UCD after 24 mins (2nd yellow).

Poor Student
02/10/2005, 7:37 PM
2 yellows in 24 mins? Poor. This is a very weak team, sadly I have to say even a loss where we don't get hammered, particularly down to 10 men is sadly somewhat of a good result.

pete
02/10/2005, 7:40 PM
Keeper MOTM unsurprisingly. I presume Quigley playing...

Poor Student
02/10/2005, 7:41 PM
No doubt about it. Hope he gets a game for the U-21s, fantastic keeper. That young lad Long who got sent off btw has had just one game before against Dub City in the League Cup 1st round.

While it remains 1-0 a jammy equaliser is always on the cards though.

Poor Student
02/10/2005, 7:47 PM
I imagine it's over by now but by aertel update time the game has up to 15 minutes left.:D

Poor Student
02/10/2005, 7:50 PM
If any of you Cork fans know the final score for sure put me out of my errortel refreshing misery.:D

coislaoi
02/10/2005, 7:51 PM
1-0 full time. Considering we had a game 3 days ago, at this stage of the season it's all about winning. We also have a 12 day break before we play Drogs at home.

Poor Student
02/10/2005, 7:55 PM
The league leaders away, 6 key absentees, on the back of two cup knock outs, early sending off as say hate to say it but this is a 1-0 defeat that won't upset me too much. Apart from Derry at home the rest of the seasons games are against teams outside the top 4. Perhaps we can still sneak a higher spot if we hit some good form. Congrats to Cork, that's one of those title winning required grinding wins.

coislaoi
02/10/2005, 7:57 PM
The league leaders away, 6 key absentees, on the back of two cup knock outs, early sending off as say hate to say it but this is a 1-0 defeat that won't upset me too much. Apart from Derry at home the rest of the seasons games are against teams outside the top 4. Perhaps we can still sneak a higher spot if we hit some good form. Congrats to Cork, that's one of those title winning required grinding wins.

To quote my Da from tonight "That bástarding keeper was outstanding - we should buy him as cover for Devine".:p :p

Poor Student
02/10/2005, 7:59 PM
You can feck right off with that.:D Seriously, this lad will cost a lot to get off us I hope. Especially if Don Givens awards him some caps by the end of the season.

GavinZac
02/10/2005, 8:00 PM
You can feck right off with that.:D Seriously, this lad will cost a lot to get off us I hope. Especially if Don Givens awards him some caps by the end of the season.

brian kerr said no eL player is worth much!

Poor Student
02/10/2005, 8:09 PM
brian kerr said no eL player is worth much!

Sadly I mean in the paltry standards of our club where we get ripped off if we're lucky. A decent player like Patrick Sullivan got us a good 20k by tribunal so what could a real talent like Quigley fetch us? At least 50k. But that's all idle talk anyway, he's going to sign a 20 year contract and finish his career at the only club he ever wanted to play for.:D

GavinZac
02/10/2005, 8:12 PM
Sadly I mean in the paltry standards of our club where we get ripped off if we're lucky. A decent player like Patrick Sullivan got us a good 20k by tribunal so what could a real talent like Quigley fetch us? At least 50k. But that's all idle talk anyway, he's going to sign a 20 year contract and finish his career at the only club he ever wanted to play for.:D

50k? sure thats one game for us. onwards and upwards!

Poor Student
02/10/2005, 8:13 PM
50k? sure thats one game for us. onwards and upwards!

You're a pessimistic Cork fan, sure 50 million by whatever the gate fee is a lot more than that.;)

GavinZac
02/10/2005, 8:16 PM
You're a pessimistic Cork fan, sure 50 million by whatever the gate fee is a lot more than that.;)

:D imagine what the attendances will be like when keano's playing for us in the CL next year!

Dyl10
02/10/2005, 8:20 PM
real talent like Quigley fetch us? At least 50k

thats ridiculous he will never go for that

Poor Student
02/10/2005, 8:21 PM
thats ridiculous he will never go for that

If we got about 20k for Sully and this lad could actually have U-21s caps to his name you think he will go for such pittens?

pineapple stu
04/10/2005, 12:40 PM
that's ridiculous he will never go for that
Don't see why not. We've brought him from an Irish Schools international to an Irish U-21 international in two years. The longer he stays, the more his price will go up. If an English team comes in, we should certainly look for the E80k Bray got for Zayed, probably nearer the £100k Waterford got for their U-21 international. I don't see any reason to settle for less.

EnDai
04/10/2005, 12:47 PM
Quigley has never ceased to impress me in any game I've seen him in. A real raw talent.

That young lad who got sent off was unlucky :(