PDA

View Full Version : Bray game

Maz
02/10/2005, 5:32 PM
Is this game definately on the Sunday?

gheewhizz
02/10/2005, 7:45 PM
Longford Town V Bray At Flancare Park Sunday October 9th Ko4pm.

This Is To Avoid Clashing With Cyprus V Ireland On The Saturday Which Kicks Off At 6pm

Maz
02/10/2005, 7:47 PM
Longford Town V Bray At Flancare Park Sunday October 9th Ko4pm.

This Is To Avoid Clashing With Cyprus V Ireland On The Saturday Which Kicks Off At 6pm
Cool just wanna make sure I change work shifts so I can be there

Maz
08/10/2005, 6:49 AM
Apparently quite a few injuries in the Bray Squad

Longterm injury to Jody Lynch, Brian McGovern limped off against UCD and looks certain to be out. Graham O'Hanlon doubtful with an ankle injury and Kevin O'brien, Paul Murphy with a thigh injury and Stephen Gifford with an infection.David Tyrell serves a one match ban

Roo69
10/10/2005, 8:57 AM
very good result for us considering the team we had out.

Heard Shay Kelly suffered a serious back injury, any update ? heres hoping for a speedy recovery

observer
10/10/2005, 9:21 AM
This was a dreadful result for Longford, two points thrown away. The worst aspect of the night however was the fact that Shay Kelly had to wait for over 20 minutes for an ambulance to arrive to take him to hospital, even though there was a Civil Defence ambulance on site. Seemingly this is only a mode of transport for the Civil Defence personnel who are in attendance to provide first aid cover, and does not carry out any ambulance function. I doubt if I was alone in thinking that the Civil Defence ambulance was on site as an ambulance rather than an ornament. Surely something has to be done to ensure last nights debacle with an injured player is not repeated.:mad:

Wiseguy
10/10/2005, 9:34 AM
Poor match,terrible result,terrible finishing and a sh1t ref. The Shay Kelly incident made it all the worse and the responce of the "Emergency" service was a disgrace.

Roo69
10/10/2005, 9:49 AM
This was a dreadful result for Longford, two points thrown away. The worst aspect of the night however was the fact that Shay Kelly had to wait for over 20 minutes for an ambulance to arrive to take him to hospital, even though there was a Civil Defence ambulance on site. Seemingly this is only a mode of transport for the Civil Defence personnel who are in attendance to provide first aid cover, and does not carry out any ambulance function. I doubt if I was alone in thinking that the Civil Defence ambulance was on site as an ambulance rather than an ornament. Surely something has to be done to ensure last nights debacle with an injured player is not repeated.:mad:

Well surely that is the fault of Longford Town Football Club for not having the proper structures in place. I thought an ambulance had to be on site at all eL games incase of stuff like this happening, is it not a part of the Licence that we all earned ?

RockofGibraltar
10/10/2005, 10:10 AM
Any word on the seriousness of Shays injury?

Wiseguy
10/10/2005, 10:19 AM
Any word on the seriousness of Shays injury?

Broken Vertibrae or so the story goes so he's fcuked for a long time.It maybe even a career ending injury.I hope he recovers soon.

Roo69
10/10/2005, 10:53 AM
Nope, the club is faultless on this one. We have FOUR club doctors. We put in a call for the ambulance & it took a long time to arrive. Whaddya wanna do - get the chairman or the secretary to drive an ambulance ?? :rolleyes:

so an ambulance does'nt have to be on site then ? thought it did myself, any ground ive ever been to has always had one there just incase something like this happens, means that they dont have to wait.........

Ronnie
10/10/2005, 11:07 AM
There was an ambulance there - civil defence. I think it was because of the seriosness of the injury that the hospital ambulance was called. If he had a less serious injury the civil defence would have brought him to hospital.

Roo69
10/10/2005, 1:49 PM
Was just reading the Herald there, Matthews says the injury is'nt as bad as they 1st thought ! well thank god for that ! I've meet Shay Kelly a few times when ive been out with Robbie (Doyle) and he is a lovely bloke, very sincere and a all round top bloke. Muscle damage is what they think, and from having a serious back injury myself about a year and a half ago i know what pain he must be in. Hopefully it'll be a quick recovery and he gets back playing ASAP.

Maz
11/10/2005, 10:35 AM
YEah, so did I, but there's so many games on at the same time it wouldn't be possible for an ambulance to be at every single game (unless Noel Hanlon opened the old factory again !!)
For example, yesterdays game coincided with two junior games in Pearse park plus god knows how many other club games etc., etc.

This is a horrible injury to befall a Longford team for the second week running, as the Longford Rugby Club hooker was badly injured the previous weekend. Was there an ambulance at the rugby club then ??
The injury to the Rugby player was an awful lot worse. Having said that Terrible blow for the club and for Shay himself....Get well soon!

KR's Post
11/10/2005, 4:22 PM
Can the footage from the game be posted up here as i was away in cyprus for the game and they didn't show it on eircom weekly!! PLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEE..................... .:)