PDA

View Full Version : Ollies Back

RedReb
27/04/2002, 3:19 PM
Ollie will be back on 7th july with shels for the first game of the new season according 2 redfm. OH wot a laugh that will be.....

Colm
27/04/2002, 4:12 PM
What kind of reception do ye think he'll get. I reckon he's going to get a lot of stick-a la Sol Cambell or Peter Hutton.

A face
27/04/2002, 5:49 PM
Olli€ = Judas, that ought to get a certain Mr. Byrne going. Well it did in the past ....... who fancies a couple of rounds with the balm-pot Ollie Byrne, the $hels/tolka resident fruit and nut cake.

Citymark
27/04/2002, 5:58 PM
I think Ollie should get a good reception from the city fans. Afterall if it wasn't for Ollie entertaining us and creating lots of chances for city, we probably would have been relegated.

You can't really blame him for wanting to play with a full time team, especially with Laim Murphy in charge of city.

It would be a shame to see him get abuse or insults.

Neil
28/04/2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Citymark
You can't really blame him for wanting to play with a full time team, especially with Laim Murphy in charge of city.

It would be a shame to see him get abuse or insults.
Yep, save the insults and abuse for Liam Murphy. After losing to Shels and also losing the following couple of games he will have to go. Correct?

Troy.McClure
28/04/2002, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by Citymark
if it wasn't for Ollie entertaining us and creating lots of chances for city, we probably would have been relegated.

Do you really think that we are worse than Dundalk, Galway, Monaghan or Finn Harps with out Ollie?

His problem, which he has openly stated, was that he wasnt getting enough money from the club. If he was getting enough cash, then he would have stayed. His problem was with the board, not the manager

Originally posted by Neil

Yep, save the insults and abuse for Liam Murphy

(To all City fans) Even the great Ollie said that the bad vibes comming from the crowd affected the team. Try to support them for a change.
:mad:

City Fan
29/04/2002, 9:56 AM
Originally posted by Neil

Yep, save the insults and abuse for Liam Murphy.

Agreed. Ollie gave City 6 fantastic years and does not deserve to be abused/insulted because he's decided to look after #1. If any of us were in Ollies shoes, would we REALLY have done things any differently?

Murphy Out Now!!:mad:

Pablo
29/04/2002, 11:29 AM
i'd be dissapointed if he didnt get a good slagging....isnt that what footie is all about?

I'm sure he'll be expecting a tough reception?

Troy.McClure
29/04/2002, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
i'd be dissapointed if he didnt get a good slagging....isnt that what footie is all about?

I'm sure he'll be expecting a tough reception?
Maybe if we all stayed quiet he would play cr@p, it worked when we did it last year :o

Pablo
29/04/2002, 4:21 PM
ah yes. theres always one :)

niamh
29/04/2002, 4:52 PM
Ollie should be given a welcome when he comes back. He has given a lot to City and if the club was in a different state he might not have gone, in the first place.

Pablo
30/04/2002, 11:09 AM
thats not how football works Niamh come on? he's gone and good luck to him, but it adds spice to a city $hel$ match doesnt it? Woodsie gets a roasting when he comes down and he's been to clubs in other countries before he went to one of our rivals......i think its a good thing, and he should get a roasting too! All good natured of course!

Colm
30/04/2002, 3:23 PM
We have got to give him a hard time. Its in the nature of the game to give ex-players who join your rivals a bit of stick on their return. He will be expecting it, lets give him a slagging and a booing and leave it at that- nothing malicious.

I like the idea of the banner to wind up Ollie Bryne.

patsh
30/04/2002, 3:33 PM
Originally posted by COLM
I like the idea of the banner to wind up Ollie Bryne. Let's try and see if anybody can come up with a good slogan to put on the banner??...;)

Éanna
01/05/2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
Let's try and see if anybody can come up with a good slogan to put on the banner??...

How about "ollie, come and have a go if you think you're hard enough you fat jack scum" Or is that too long?:)

Troy.McClure
01/05/2002, 12:04 PM
Let's try and see if anybody can come up with a good slogan to put on the banner??...;)

How 'bout "There's only 2 ****$ called Ollie"?

Éanna
01/05/2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
How 'bout "There's only 2 ****$ called Ollie"?
LOL! You bitter b@stard :p

Troy.McClure
01/05/2002, 1:39 PM
Bitter as Hell :mad: ;)

Dricky
02/05/2002, 10:21 AM
someone should get pictures of Laurell and Hardy for the two ollie's from shelchester. there the bulb off them.

Colm
02/05/2002, 1:38 PM
How about "Money talks so O££IE walks"

No, actually that sounds crap.

patsh
02/05/2002, 2:19 PM
My Suggestion:

-----------------------
Ollie Byrne?
JUST SAY NO
------------------------:rolleyes:

and for Ollie Cahill

-----------------------
"Thanks for the memories...."
------------------------;)

Colm
02/05/2002, 2:39 PM

[/color]
and for Ollie Cahill

-----------------------
"Thanks for the memories...."
------------------------;) [/B]
Thanks for the memories ya money grabbing little...........

patsh
02/05/2002, 2:43 PM

Thanks for the memories ya money grabbing little...........
Aw come on, Troy, COLM.....
Let it go !!!!!!!!!

Colm
02/05/2002, 2:56 PM
Never

patsh
02/05/2002, 3:40 PM
Never
Ah go on, ....
go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,......:D

Troy.McClure
03/05/2002, 12:55 PM
Never

Colm
03/05/2002, 2:30 PM

Ah go on, ....
go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,......: As I said NEVER :D :D :D