PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Rovers 1:1 Dublin City

Derek
02/10/2005, 9:35 AM
Sligo Rovers 1:1 Dublin City

What a great game of football, we played with passion and spirit and I think we could have snatched the win. Rovers had a full house but hardly made a sound, I was suprised how quiet so many people can be. Anyway not the win we wanted but we are still above Ramblers on goal difference.

The Stars
02/10/2005, 9:52 AM
You joking? The shed was its usuall singing self,and even the New stand got a song going.
Were you the one with the drum or who was that?

Ringo
02/10/2005, 9:58 AM
that was him alright.

sligoman
02/10/2005, 1:22 PM
that was him alright.Good so. Derek what was that song ya were singing, it went like: We are the D U, the D U F or something like that:confused: :D

gustavo
02/10/2005, 2:00 PM
i think it was we are the d u the d u b s

fair play to ya derek ya never stopped banging it all during the match !

Derek
02/10/2005, 11:32 PM
i think it was we are the d u the d u b s

fair play to ya derek ya never stopped banging it all during the match !

Thanks, but to be honest when we got to the ground we thought we were going to be silenced by the full house, but as I said already I could not believe how quite so many Sligo people could be. I would say that all in all I enjoye dmyself but I have a few complaints that I will start a thread about in the EL section. I would also like to add that Rovers would be a good edition to the Premier with such a following, although if you stay so quiet then I'm not so sure, maybe you were quiet because you did not expect us to play so well. If we had played with that amount of passion in all our games then who knows???.

sligoman
02/10/2005, 11:42 PM
I would say that all in all I enjoye dmyself but I have a few complaints that I will start a thread about in the EL sectionI can guess what some of them are:(. Also, was the song about what gustavo said?

Derek
02/10/2005, 11:58 PM
I can guess what some of them are:(. Also, was the song about what gustavo said?

The song was

We are the D U the D U B S, followed by three bangs of the drum. repeat and follow imediately by ANOther song for full effect.

What was the official attendance?

sligoman
03/10/2005, 12:00 AM
The song was

We are the D U the D U B S, followed by three bangs of the drum. repeat and follow imediately by ANOther song for full effect.

What was the official attendance?Ok, it just wasn't coming out clear when I heard it. Where's the thread yer going to set up?:confused:. I'm waiting:rolleyes: :D

Derek
03/10/2005, 12:52 AM
Ok, it just wasn't coming out clear when I heard it. Where's the thread yer going to set up?:confused:. I'm waiting:rolleyes: :D
What part of the ground were you sitting?

sligoman
03/10/2005, 12:54 AM
What part of the ground were you sitting?Near enough to you in the first half and then standing behind the Dublin goal in the second

sligoman
03/10/2005, 1:12 AM
Was it in the first or second half when the incident happened?:confused:

Derek
03/10/2005, 1:48 AM
Second half, I heard the first comment which was bad but I could live with, the mouthpiece got a laugh from his pals and then there was no stopping it.

Rory H
03/10/2005, 12:38 PM
if we can get back to the game...2 other threads are enough for this....

i thought ye should have won..ye should have been 2 or 3 up in 1st half...it was our worst home performence for about 6 months....

2nd half...good to get the goal...both teams had chances but we were singing at the end..says alot...we really have to choke now to lose it...i pray it wont happen;)

blueviking1980
03/10/2005, 5:34 PM
Still anybody's for the taking after this result... Rovers at home with a crowd like that should have beaten the best of them never mind the mighty Vikings.

Havin said that ya could hear pins drop when we stopped for a breather. Think that was also the same times when the noice from my vibrating phone in my pocket was giving me a headache... :D

The Stars
03/10/2005, 5:42 PM
what are you on about?

gustavo
03/10/2005, 7:24 PM
the lack of atmosphere in the ground ? isnt it obvious!

blueviking1980
04/10/2005, 5:49 PM
what are you on about?

Ah come on Stars... ya won't get ur team up by playin dumb... Im talkin bout Rovers's painfully low volume of noise in instances through the game. There were the guts of 2k at the ground & 10 were City Vikings. Do the math son! ;)