PDA

View Full Version : Is Andy Reid injured?

dr_peepee
02/10/2005, 7:53 AM
He didn't even make the banch yesterday.

thejollyrodger
02/10/2005, 9:18 AM
banch ?

maybe he was in burger king ? :D

shakermaker1982
02/10/2005, 10:19 AM
Hopefully the rest does Reidy good, at least Keane is getting back on form though. Spurs have bought too many players and don't know what to do with them all.

FarBeag
02/10/2005, 8:05 PM
Why would he need a rest? He has hardly built up a sweat yet.

robbie_B
02/10/2005, 9:57 PM
Im sure I read somewhere that Jol didn't want to sign Reid, it was the feller who went to Chelscum who basically did the deal. He hasn't produced his international form for Spurs and Jol was complaining that the service to the front two had been poor.

Colbert Report
03/10/2005, 2:01 AM
He should ask for a release and sign with another team. Robbie should do the same quite frankly.

tetsujin1979
03/10/2005, 9:07 AM
Jol said today that any midfielder who wants to move out on loan can, but I don't think Reid should look to drop back to the Championship

Stuttgart88
03/10/2005, 9:14 AM
He should ask for a release and sign with another team.

Let's not over react here. AFAIK this was the FIRST P'ship game since he joined that he hasn't started. 10 months, dropped for one game. So what?

Aaron Lennon has been playing well so he started ahead of Reid. No big deal.

The way I saw the Charlton game was that Spurs got a lucky goal (King) and two others that should have been saved (inclusding a lucky finish by Robbie). Charlton exposed the flatness of their defence on a number of occasions and only poor finishing & marginal offside calls kept the score down. I wasn't impressed by Spurs despite the good result. Reid won't have too long to wait before he's back.

NeilMcD
03/10/2005, 9:38 AM
To be fair, Naybet was the reason behind the sloppy defence that spurs had on Saturday. Dawson and Gardener have been excellent this season. Remember spurs had Kept 5 clean sheets before this match so their defence has been solid but when Naybet comes they looked a bit shay on Saturday. Reid has not been great for Spurs so far this season and Lennon has played really well when coming in, thats 2 man of the match performances in a row from him. Jol likes to play a wide man on one wing with a solid full back and a tight midfielder on the other wing with a left back that bombs on.

pete
03/10/2005, 10:14 AM
I can't see Reid starting many Spurs games & bets he can expect is bench place.

paul_oshea
03/10/2005, 10:17 AM
kelly played well, everything went down the the left and he was playing left back so that has to be a good sign in itself!

jbyrne
03/10/2005, 12:41 PM
The way I saw the Charlton game was that Spurs got a lucky goal (King) and two others that should have been saved (inclusding a lucky finish by Robbie)

what was lucky about robbies finish? he shot and scored.... no mad deflection, no coming off his shin or knee... so why was it a lucky finish? all he can do is put it in the net when given the opportunity. i actually thought it was well taken and nice to see him lay the ball off early to defoe in the build-up

Stuttgart88
03/10/2005, 1:07 PM
what was lucky about robbies finish? he shot and scored.... no mad deflection, no coming off his shin or knee... so why was it a lucky finish? all he can do is put it in the net when given the opportunity. i actually thought it was well taken and nice to see him lay the ball off early to defoe in the build-up
I thought it was straight at the keeper who stood up & then dived out of the way. Robbie caught it well but I didn't think it was a convincing finish. I think the keeper would have been disappointed & many would have saved it. Maybe I'm being over critical but that's how I saw it.

paul_oshea
03/10/2005, 1:10 PM
it was straight at the keeper he could have and should have done a lot better, he went to the ground and right to early.

TheJamaicanP.M.
03/10/2005, 1:34 PM
I thought it was straight at the keeper who stood up & then dived out of the way. Robbie caught it well but I didn't think it was a convincing finish. I think the keeper would have been disappointed & many would have saved it. Maybe I'm being over critical but that's how I saw it.

:rolleyes:

FCUK the Begrudgers.

pete
03/10/2005, 2:17 PM
I thought Robbie Keanes goal was quiet good. For a change he was very decisive.

Stuttgart88
03/10/2005, 2:41 PM
:rolleyes:

FCUK the Begrudgers.
I'm not a begrudger, far from it.

Just offering an honest / objective opinion & I thought the 'keeper should have saved it. I bet the 'keeper does too.

Donal81
03/10/2005, 2:56 PM
Much of the debate on Robbie Keane is great and well-deserved but I think debating the merits of what was clearly a good goal is pushing it. The keeper mightn't have made himself as big as he should have done but would we analyse the finish of another player as heavily? A striker is paid to score goals; if Robbie scores, he's done his job. Fair play to him and good to see before the Cyprus game.

Stuttgart88
03/10/2005, 3:45 PM
would we analyse the finish of another player as heavily?
I thought Frank Lampard's penalty wasn't very convincing but he's not Irish so I didn't comment :)

Donal81
03/10/2005, 4:14 PM
I thought Frank Lampard's penalty wasn't very convincing but he's not Irish so I didn't comment :)

Fair enough! Every player is a fair subject of debate and I don't like it when some roll in with "he's our record goalscorer etc etc" when you're just trying to discuss the chap but I think criticising the goal that he's just scored is a bit tough!

mjpcc
03/10/2005, 5:06 PM
Robbie hit the ball hard, so it was a decisive strike. Contrast that to Elliott's efforts for Sunderland against West Ham which were really poor. Absolutely no power in his shots when he had a decent chance of scoring.

Stuttgart88
03/10/2005, 6:12 PM
Robbie hit the ball hard, so it was a decisive strike. Contrast that to Elliott's efforts for Sunderland against West Ham which were really poor. Absolutely no power in his shots when he had a decent chance of scoring.
I didn't mean this thread to become a debate as to whether it was a good goal or not. I wish I hadn't used the term "lucky goal". I agree totally that it was a decisive strike. When I heard on Saturday that he scored the winner I was thrilled. But when I saw the goal on the telly I wasn't convinced he'd score with the same strike against an international 'keeper.

Regardless, the original context of my post was as follows:

- People said Reid is out of the team now & should move on. Presumably because they think Jol won't change a winning team.

- I was contending that Spurs should probably have lost the game as their first goal was lucky & the keeper should have done better with the other two. Charlton could easily have scored a few more.

- Therefore it's not fair to say that Spurs are a better side without Reid.

So instead of offering support to Reid I'm being told I'm begrudging Keane praise.

I think there are 3 broad views of Keane on this board:

1. He's not international standard & should be dropped
2. He's obviously international standard but can be better if certain habits are ironed out or parts of his game get better
3. He's utterly fantastic and to be even in camp 2 above is sacrilege.

For the record, I think he's 2 above and the best we have, probably the best we've ever had & I'm delighted he's ours.

TheJamaicanP.M.
03/10/2005, 6:16 PM
I didn't mean this thread to become a debate as to whether it was a good goal or not. I wish I hadn't used the term "lucky goal". I agree totally that it was a decisive strike. When I heard on Saturday that he scored the winner I was thrilled. But when I saw the goal on the telly I wasn't convinced he'd score with the same strike against an international 'keeper.

Regardless, the original context of my post was as follows:

- People said Reid is out of the team now & should move on. Presumably because they think Jol won't change a winning team.

- I was contending that Spurs should probably have lost the game as their first goal was lucky & the keeper should have done better with the other two. Charlton could easily have scored a few more.

- Therefore it's not fair to say that Spurs are a better side without Reid.

So instead of offering support to Reid I'm being told I'm begrudging Keane praise.

I think there are 3 broad views of Keane on this board:

1. He's not international standard & should be dropped
2. He's obviously international standard but can be better if certain habits are ironed out or parts of his game get better
3. He's utterly fantastic and to be even in camp 2 above is sacrilege.

For the record, I think he's 2 above and the best we have, probably the best we've ever had & I'm delighted he's ours.

Good man Stuttie. Honest and realistic post.

thejollyrodger
03/10/2005, 6:45 PM
i think Jol is teaching Robbie a good lesson. The goal he scored was a bit fortunate, the keeper made it easy for him. Im glad Doyle and Elliott are coming through, it will teach robbie another lesson when he is sitting on the bench for 90 minutes.

As for Andy Reid, he will have his work cut out trying to nail down a starting place when you consider all the midfidlers they have.

shakermaker1982
03/10/2005, 6:50 PM
Why would he need a rest? He has hardly built up a sweat yet.

Have you seen the size of him??!! He's a one game a month man! Haha.

I'm just glad he didn't get injured, he is a quality player and when Duff is quiet he is our only other bit of inspiration from MF.

CollegeTillIDie
04/10/2005, 5:17 PM
Andy Reid is injured... stomach strain... I'll get my coat :D