PDA

View Full Version : Personal milestone for Skippy

Seagull
30/09/2005, 9:25 PM
Big shout out to Chris 'Skippy' O'Connor on conceding his 50th goal of the season tonight. It was somehow fitting that it should be an og.:eek: And Patrick Hannigan can't even make the bench...

superfrank
01/10/2005, 10:35 AM
I had a feeling the post would be something negative about him. Give the lad a break...

YoungHoop
05/10/2005, 11:45 AM
every keeper goes throu a bad spell its how he deals with it the following season and how he deals with himself in training. we at the momnet have the best keeper in the lg imo. but im dham sure he is due to have a run of bad games its how he deals with it that will keep him in the team same goes for skippy

Stevo Da Gull
15/10/2005, 2:47 PM
Clean sheet and an excellent performance from Skippy last night:ball:
Made some great saves especially in the early stages, definate MOTM candidate. Well done Skip:) :ball:

KR's Post
15/10/2005, 3:35 PM
Clean sheet and an excellent performance from Skippy last night:ball:
Made some great saves especially in the early stages, definate MOTM candidate. Well done Skip:) :ball:
Agreed... Credit due, where it's deserve. So many people are real quick to criticise, but when he has a ggod game, not a whimper from them. Watch now, once i've said that the praises will flow in now!!

ccfcgirl
15/10/2005, 3:37 PM
:D :D :D Well done Skippy

KR's Post
15/10/2005, 3:53 PM
:D :D :D Well done Skippy

HaHaHaHaHaHa.... Not funny!!:rolleyes:

ccfcgirl
15/10/2005, 4:06 PM
Watch now, once i've said that the praises will flow in now!!;) ;) ;) ;)

Seagull
15/10/2005, 5:59 PM
but when he has a ggod game, not a whimper from them.
He played very well last night but not before time. He's a very good shot stopper but flaps at crosses and panics almost every time he receives a back pass. Mick Roche made a great track back at one stage last night and won the ball, played it back to Skippy who promptly kicked the ball (weakly) to a Waterford player. He's completely one footed and I wish someone would introduce the full backs to him- he doesn't have to boot every ball down the middle. However, impressive showing overall last night, hope he repeats the feat next weekend.

Roo69
17/10/2005, 8:25 AM
50+ conceded goals this season tells its own story lads............but this was IMO his best preformance in a Bray jersey, 3 wonderful 1st half saves that won us the game. His kicking is woeful !

mchurl
17/10/2005, 1:21 PM
great game on friday fair play to him but i get worried everytim he goes to kick the ball!! :p

BrayZil
18/10/2005, 8:34 AM
In fairness to Skippy he did make a good few saves on Friday to keep us in the game. I think it was one of the best games he's played for us but that was just one game. Overall I think he's a terrible keeper, definitely the worst keeper we've ever had and I think we should get rid of him at the end of the season. He's a good shot stopper but needs to improve on all other aspects of his game.