PDA

View Full Version : soccer food?

canuck
26/04/2002, 7:53 PM
Hi there.
This is a strange question, but I hope you can help me. I'm a reporter from the Toronto Star and I'm doing an article about what snack foods and beverages soccer fans eat and drink while they watch soccer games. I know different people like different things, but I was wondering if you could tell me what soccer fans in Ireland normally eat and drink while watching soccer (if it is different for watching at home or at the stadium, please tell me for both). I'm trying to get information about all 32 countries in the World Cup!
Thank you,
Josh Rubin
Staff Reporter, Toronto Star

ollie
26/04/2002, 9:00 PM
chips, burgers, chocolate bars, crisps, pints(if theres a pub nearby).

James
26/04/2002, 9:10 PM
when watching at home
soda, chips ( ie crisps to you oirish folk) hahaha
beer, pretzels, pizza, steak and cheese sub is good

at the game
normally i chew on my nails, and would consume a few beers at half time to fight off the cold...

ollie
26/04/2002, 9:38 PM
pretzels

bloody yanks

joe
26/04/2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by James
when watching at home
beer, pretzels, pizza, steak and cheese sub is good

you're in for a rude awakening when you sit down at home for your next match, unless you manage to sneak a suitcase full of food through customs, again :p

Neil
27/04/2002, 8:36 AM
Originally posted by James
soda, chips ,beer, pretzels, pizza, steak and cheese sub is good
C'mere biy, you badly need a good oul Full Irish with Clonakilty Black Pudding, a pack a Tayto's, and a Club Orange.

Jaime
29/04/2002, 5:53 PM
In Dublin its hot dogs and chips from dodgy chip vans unassociated with the clubs. And beer, before, during, and after.

Seanie
29/04/2002, 9:34 PM
No pies over here - one look at Pat Dolan will explain!!