PDA

View Full Version : Rossport 5 released

liam88
30/09/2005, 7:05 PM
Just Got Word Through That The Rossport 5 Are Out :d :d :d

pete
30/09/2005, 7:12 PM
A sad day for justice in this country. Sets a precedent that can show contempt for the Courts & get away with it.

liam88
30/09/2005, 7:14 PM
A sad day for justice in this country. Sets a precedent that can show contempt for the Courts & get away with it.
Say what ya will I'm taking ma lass oyut to celebrate!!!!!!
Shell to sea up the five......jus glad I was in there with the petitions and the songs-every bit helps and am veeeerry happy! :D :D

A great day for Ireland.....that's one of ma signature list-what's next :D

TheJamaicanP.M.
30/09/2005, 9:05 PM

Agree 100% with ya.

liam88
01/10/2005, 12:10 PM
Agree 100% with ya.
I think it shows that justice will always pervail :D :D

pete
01/10/2005, 5:24 PM
I think i'll go to the Shell station & fill up the tank. :)

liam88
01/10/2005, 6:22 PM
[Liam, please stop double-posting. Either edit your previous post when you think of something new, or better yet, stop and think about what you're going to post beforehand. --adam]
[Adam, Sorry. I only made one didn't I?--Liam]

I think i'll go to the Shell station & fill up the tank. :)
:D :D :D .....classic; possible POTM for next month?

Taking am more serious not at elast it's not T*tal....

dfx-
01/10/2005, 10:08 PM

What TheJamaicanP.M. said.

Thunderblaster
02/10/2005, 12:00 AM
Why would five men would like to put the creation of 400 jobs in an economic blackspot in jeopardy to serve their narrow minded agenda? I think that we should all visit our local Shell and Statoil stations and fill up the tanks. Shell may offer the Rossport Five an oil rigging job in the Niger Delta and the Nigerians will soon put manners on them.

liam88
02/10/2005, 12:18 AM
Why would five men would like to put the creation of 400 jobs in an economic blackspot in jeopardy to serve their narrow minded agenda? I think that we should all visit our local Shell and Statoil stations and fill up the tanks. Shell may offer the Rossport Five an oil rigging job in the Niger Delta and the Nigerians will soon put manners on them.
Good question.......but why would Shell want to build a potentially dangerous pipeline through peoples land and homes? Same reason that Orange put up phone masts in schools despite the dangers to the kids. Same reason Total employ soldiers to guard their pipeline in Burma despite clear evidence that these soldiers are raping and looting on a scale no other country has recently come close to! Money. For these guys humans don't matter as long as you get money. Doesn't matter how many people are made homeless, executed, raped or poisened so long as the shareholders pockets get lined. Other companies owever; Arcadia etc. have taken conciouss decisions to withdraw investment from territories where human rights are abused-and fair play to them.
The 400 jobs argument is pointless. The could have those jobs on a rig, with a different pipeline or anything. Just because you give people jobs doesn't mean what you're doing is right. If i gave people jobs to go and murder people does that make it ok because i'm providing people with work!

I for one am glad they are free.......if ya plan on going West Rossport's the best :D :D

Soper
02/10/2005, 12:39 AM
I am also glad they're free.Not a big fan of the Shell oil corporation.

pete
02/10/2005, 8:01 PM
Bord Gais pipe potentially letal gas in underground pipes throughout the country & no one ever complains. Shell were going to weld their pipeline so chances of anything happening are minimal - they wouldn't want the bad publicity of an exploded pipe anyway.

Speranza
02/10/2005, 9:46 PM
Brilliant to see they have been released. Surprised to see that Bertie and Mc Dowell haven't further pandered to the interest of big business despite the risk to the people they are supposed to protect.

sylvo
03/10/2005, 6:21 PM
Glad to see the five men are free, love to see the reaction from those on here who are not to happy about them getting out if what shell are planning to do was to happen on their doorstep, and render their homes at risk and worthless.:D

I have every respect for them and for the way they have stood up to this **** of a corperation. Five top men.