PDA

View Full Version : Good pub for Swiss match in New York

Green Army Girl
30/09/2005, 10:36 AM
For once im not begging for a ticket for the Switzerland match but ill be over in New York for it, anyone know a good pub to watch it in over there. Might aswell start another anyone know a good pub thread ;)

finlma
30/09/2005, 10:44 AM
A guy I know owns a pub called Tir na N-og down on 8th and 33rd beside Maddison Square Garden.

I remember watching the Ireland Holland game in 2001 in Nevada Smiths down Greenwich village way and there was a great atmosphere in there. I don't know the address though sorry.

Dodge
30/09/2005, 10:49 AM
You'll find the address for Nevada Smiths somewhere on the web. Noted for its football friendliness

Green Army Girl
30/09/2005, 11:55 AM
Thank you very much

paul_oshea
30/09/2005, 11:59 AM
connollys is a good spot, good grub as well, cant remember exactly where it is though, there are a couple of big buildings beside it though!!!!

finlma
30/09/2005, 1:06 PM
connollys is a good spot, good grub as well, cant remember exactly where it is though, there are a couple of big buildings beside it though!!!!

Its close to Times Square - don't know which st but at a guess around 47 and 6

paul_oshea
30/09/2005, 1:56 PM
ya it is near time square, cos i walked up to times square after and met the naked cowboy, it was when i was living over in boston, i think its a good spot to be honest and the owner was from somewhere near hollymount i think. steve stauntons aul fella territory.

Donal81
03/10/2005, 11:00 AM
I watched the 2001 Holland game in a pub called Fiona's on the upper east side, 1st avenue and (I think) 81st street, somewhere in the 80s anyway. Owned by a bunch of Derry people, frequented at times by dodgy Northern labourers but generally great craic with a big screen.

NY Hoop
03/10/2005, 1:36 PM
Fiona's great spot alright. Watched same game in the Kinsale on 3rd ave between 93rd and 94th st.

Connolly's is a bit dear and Nevada's is a complete no no......

Anyway you'll have no problem finding an Irish bar showing the game. 3rd ave is a haven for Irish bars. Dont forget it'll be $20 in!

Enjoy. I know I used to:D

KOH

Green Army Girl
03/10/2005, 2:01 PM
NY hoop nice to hear from you havent been on the peoples flag site in ages hope your keeping well and im sure ill enjoy the match over there. Thanks again everyone all i need now is a map:)

Grainne ( i know i used my real name before anyone emails me)

paul_oshea
03/10/2005, 2:14 PM
Grainne ( i know i used my real name before anyone emails me)

well if thats your real name id suggest using a dif name!!LOL ;) :D