PDA

View Full Version : Who will win?

pete
26/04/2002, 12:37 PM
Got loads of more time now to add more polls.

;)

btw listed in order of top 8 in betting on PaddyPower.com (http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=show_type_by_main_market&ev_class_id=114&id=2557&category=SOCCER) + Ireland.

SÓC
26/04/2002, 1:01 PM
If Italy play with their 3-4-3 system I'd fancy them to do it. They have the best defence in the world and with Montella, Totti, Del Perio and Delvecio upfront they should score their fair share.

Not many countries in the world could afford to leave the Devine Pony Tail at home.

Éanna
26/04/2002, 1:50 PM
I'd prefer almost anyone other than Italy. They don't play football-they dive and cheat. the only reason they have a good defense is cos nesta knows how to grab an opponents jersey all the time and not get caught.

Neil
26/04/2002, 2:34 PM
Argentina have the best squad of players in the world.

BTW Who the **** voted for Engerland?

Éanna
26/04/2002, 2:36 PM
I voted for France, but I think England have a chance.

Pablo
26/04/2002, 2:44 PM
who voted for Ireland! heart over head there my boy!

kilbrin
26/04/2002, 3:14 PM
I voted for England because I think that they have a really good chance of winning.

Neil
26/04/2002, 3:15 PM
Originally posted by kilbrin
I voted for England because I think that they have a really good chance of winning.
I'd say Ireland have a better chance of winning it than England! I'm putting money on them not making it out of their group.

Seanie
26/04/2002, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by Neil

I'd say Ireland have a better chance of winning it than England! I'm putting money on them not making it out of their group.

I reckon Ireland will get further than England who I hope fall to a Henrik Larsson winner that will see Sweden through the first round. We don't have to compete against the Sun, Daily Star, Mirror and all the begrudgers!

My vote goes to Argentina who I believe have the best attacking qualities (Crespo, Lopez, Saviola, Aimar and Batistuta watching at home on TV), yet defensive strength of the Valencia partnership of Ayala and Pellegrino. Portugal to go very close, perhaps the final after upsetting one of the big guns (Brazil or France) along the way.

Seanie
26/04/2002, 4:48 PM
Look keep the poll realistic and don't keep voting for Ireland. Patriotism can only extend so far.

pete
26/04/2002, 5:45 PM
Originally posted by Seanie
Look keep the poll realistic and don't keep voting for Ireland. Patriotism can only extend so far.

Fot the people voting for Ireland. At the same odds would ypou take Ireland over any of the other countries?

Didn't think so.

;)

City Fan
29/04/2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Neil

Have to agree with ya, Neil. I reckon Ireland to get further than Engerland represents the value bet on the World Cup. I've said Argentina will win it all along and I'm sticking with them. Italy WILL f**k it up for someone else, though I doubt they're good enough to win it.

Murphy Out Now!!:mad:

pete
29/04/2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by City Fan

Have to agree with ya, Neil. I reckon Ireland to get further than Engerland represents the value bet on the World Cup.

We may get further than England but they would still have a much better chance of winning it than us. Many of the "big" teams could get knocked out in the 1st round but sometimes they can also scrap through & win the cup.

There isn't a hope of Ireland winning. Even thinking about it will only lead to disappointment. That Carlsberg add has a lot to answer for.

However the irish team do they will almost certainly play better football than dour stuff from our other World Cups. 1990 was great but the team played some of the worst football of any team making a 1/4 final i.e. 2 goals, no win in 5 games.

City Fan
29/04/2002, 11:20 AM
England are simply NOT bloody well good enough to win the WC. They might end up having to play France in the 2nd round, do you seriously see England winning that one? As for the Carlsberg ad, it's a bit of good humour, nothing more. Besides, like Jason, we can always dream. We are allowed to that, aren't we?

Murphy Out Now!!:mad:

Seanie
29/04/2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by pete

Many of the "big" teams could get knocked out in the 1st round but sometimes they can also scrap through & win the cup.

Just hope this isn't a prophecy of Italy's World Cup - it would be so typical

The Legend
03/05/2002, 6:39 PM
I see Freddie Lujnberg sticking it to England with 2 goals!
And Argentina beating them again through some dodgy decision (oh how i do love that!)

As for ireland, if we can get a result against germany and win the group, i think we have a great chance to get to the QF!

And from there.. who knows.... remember Bulgaria?

Later,
Des.

The Legend
03/05/2002, 6:43 PM
One more thing, i am in the US so i cant see the Carlsberg ad.

Can someone tell me what that is about?

Des

Schumi
03/05/2002, 8:25 PM
It shows us beating Germany and qualifying for the second round, then winning the second round and quarter final. Eventually we beat England in the semi with free kick from Harte and McAteer scores against Brazil in the final. Then it shows this guy waking up and the punch-line is "Carlsburg don't do dreams but if we did they'd probably be the best dreams in the world".

James
03/05/2002, 8:27 PM
yea saw that one a few nights ago, and yea i reckon we can win it..

all depends on the 2 keane's though..
roy if he's fit , and then if robbie can bang in a few goals then we're sorted for jam :D

joe
03/05/2002, 8:28 PM
the ad shows ireland beating all before them in the world cup and lifting the trophy, with jason mcateer scoring the winning goal in the final against brazil, before waking up and the voice over goes:

Carlsberg don't do dreams, but if they did they'd probably be the best in the world

Seanie
06/05/2002, 10:45 PM
I'll have to get someone to record that so I can see it when I get home!!

patsh
07/05/2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Schumi
It shows us beating Germany and qualifying for the second round, then winning the second round and quarter final. Eventually we beat England in the semi with free kick from Harte and McAteer scores against Brazil in the final. Then it shows this guy waking up and the punch-line is "Carlsburg don't do dreams but if we did they'd probably be the best dreams in the world".
"this guy" is Jason McAteer!!......;)

Wizzard
07/05/2002, 1:40 PM
I have an MPEG version, PM your email address and I will forward it on.

Schumi
07/05/2002, 3:01 PM
Originally posted by oddboy

"this guy" is Jason McAteer!!......;)

I see!:D

pete
17/06/2002, 4:49 PM
Interesting to see who we all picked before the World Cup.

:eek:

Colm
17/06/2002, 4:51 PM
Yeah, out of the six teams voted for only England and Italy are left!