PDA

View Full Version : Billy Woods

joeSoap
29/09/2005, 10:29 AM
I've been to quite a lot of City games in the past few seasons, and have been particularly impressed by a few players,Georgie, John O'Flynn, Gamble, Doyle to name a few.

I alwas liked Billy Woods as a player. I was just wondering what happened to him. Is he injured, out of favour, or retired??

razor
29/09/2005, 10:38 AM
Was injured and had an operation a while back, is fit again and has been on the bench recently, should be on the bench tonight

ccfcman
02/10/2005, 11:36 AM
Maligned in the shed for some reason. any mistake a player makes draws a chorus of groans, whereas Billy draws a chorus of abuse, which includes two moderators on this site :)

pete
02/10/2005, 7:04 PM
I don't think he a 1st eleven player as won't put in good performances week in week out. Excellent squad player who can come in for few games & do good job though.

Schunter Netz
02/10/2005, 10:58 PM
Billy is a class act. Sometimes its hard to believe he's not forty, he's been around so long. Tonight against UCD he got his first kick of a ball for a good few weeks and played poorly,but still managed to nearly pull off one of his trademark unbelievable goals. As somebody once said here, Billy Woods only scores beautiful goals. I've seen half a dozen and would have been eternally grateful to have seen only one.

Risteard
03/10/2005, 11:53 AM
Much more useful as a full back now imo