PDA

View Full Version : Alan Smith

joeSoap
28/09/2005, 12:35 PM
I always was an admirer of Smith at Leeds...he was tough, uncompromising and good for a goal. Therefore, being a Man U fanatic, I was ecstatic to see him sign for us from the yorkshire arch-enemy.

Looking at him lately, I wish he'd **** off back to the scum. Has this man turned to sh1te, or is he a victim of Fergies ever increasing alzheimers, thinking strikers are midfielders, wingers are full backs etc??? :confused: :(

Dublin12
28/09/2005, 12:41 PM
I always was an admirer of Smith at Leeds...he was tough, uncompromising and good for a goal. Therefore, being a Man U fanatic, I was ecstatic to see him sign for us from the scum.

Looking at him lately, I wish he'd **** off back to the scum. Has this man turned to sh1te, or is he a victim of Fergies ever increasing alzheimers, thinking strikers are midfielders, wingers are full backs etc??? :confused: :

(

Exactly it's ol red nose that has lost the plot,less of the scum comments btw,and I always thought Man U fanatics never refer to their team as "Man U",unless you're Bill O' Herlihy :D

Risteard
28/09/2005, 12:42 PM
Its not his fault. Ferguson wouldn't play Keane in Smiths role.
Why try Smith in his?

colster
28/09/2005, 1:05 PM
I don't know why you are slagging Ferguson for. He's already turned Paul Scholes from a striker into one of the best midfielders in the Premiership.

colster
28/09/2005, 1:07 PM
Another thing. Smith played in central midfield for Leeds before he left.

Dodge
28/09/2005, 1:08 PM
Scholes is the most over rated Midfielder in the premiership (bar Gerrard obviously) Has his good points but he simply cannot tackle

Dublin12
28/09/2005, 1:16 PM
Another thing. Smith played in central midfield for Leeds before he left.

I wouldn't even bother,yer man that started the thread is just another disillusioned prawn sandwich supporter,when their team isn't winning all the time they throw the toys out of the pram and move onto another team,it'll be chelsea next I suppose ;)

joeSoap
28/09/2005, 2:24 PM
I wouldn't even bother,yer man that started the thread is just another disillusioned prawn sandwich supporter,when their team isn't winning all the time they throw the toys out of the pram and move onto another team,it'll be chelsea next I suppose ;)
And you know that I'm a 'prawn sandwich' supporter? I don't own a pram, and fyi, I first set foot in Old Trafford 30 years ago, and since 1985 have been there at least 8 times a season since.

Stop being a prat Dublin12, and try, even though your miniscule brains capacity may not let you, try staying on topic, which is a general discussion about Alan Smith, nothing else.

Dublin12
28/09/2005, 3:07 PM
And you know that I'm a 'prawn sandwich' supporter? I don't own a pram, and fyi, I first set foot in Old Trafford 30 years ago, and since 1985 have been there at least 8 times a season since.

Stop being a prat Dublin12, and try, even though your miniscule brains capacity may not let you, try staying on topic, which is a general discussion about Alan Smith, nothing else.

Ok,well I suggest next time you're over there stay out of the sandwich bar and maybe then you can see that Fergie is not too blame,Carlos Queeras is more or less in charge of tactics,training and the new formation these days.If you want to have a discussion about A.Smith fine but don't start mentioning scum this,scum that and not expect a reaction.

Lionel Ritchie
28/09/2005, 4:05 PM
I always was an admirer of Smith at Leeds...he was tough, uncompromising and good for a goal. Therefore, being a Man U fanatic, I was ecstatic to see him sign for us from the scum.

Looking at him lately, I wish he'd **** off back to the scum. Has this man turned to sh1te, or is he a victim of Fergies ever increasing alzheimers, thinking strikers are midfielders, wingers are full backs etc??? :confused: :(

As a Leeds supporter who appreciated we wouldn't be able to hold onto him in FLC I was reasonably happy for him to go to the scum. :D

What I didn't appreciate was him telling any journalist who'd listen to him that they were the only club he'd join. It has the effect of taking the steam out of any bidding war that might have started as both Arsenal and Liverpool were very interested in him too. That's the only part of his move to the red wreck I'll never forgive.

Beyond that I never thought he was as good as his reputation claimed. Sentimentality on behalf of too many at Leeds kept him there when he should've been sold on instead of Robbie Keane when Leeds started cutting the cloth.
The season before that he took his tally of career sendings off to 8. An absolute disgrace for a pro of his years. I remember opining at the time that what he needed was to be loaned out to Huddersfield Town for 6 months and that would knock some manners into him. But you say that and all you hear was "ah but he's Leeds through and through" from nonsensical sentimentalists who got their answer 18 months later. :rolleyes:

delighted it's going so well over ther for him btw ;)

Aldini98
28/09/2005, 4:06 PM
Ok,well I suggest next time you're over there stay out of the sandwich bar and maybe then you can see that Fergie is not too blame,Carlos Queeras is more or less in charge of tactics,training and the new formation these days.If you want to have a discussion about A.Smith fine but don't start mentioning scum this,scum that and not expect a reaction.

Hear Hear !!! you tell him Dublin12 !!!! :)
Anyway I always thought that Man U WERE the scum, no? So Smithy is really still a scummer, yes?

NeilMcD
28/09/2005, 5:03 PM
Why do people have to post very childish post with scum and personal abuse on these boards. Can people not post mature and considered posts without references to scum etc.

Lionel Ritchie
28/09/2005, 5:16 PM
Why do people have to post very childish post with scum and personal abuse on these boards. Can people not post mature and considered posts without references to scum etc.

Neil I believed I highlighted and put a smilie next to my "scum" reference -mocking Joes.

Sense of humour bypass op went off alright then? ;) I'm kidding man I'm kidding. Generality of your point is sound though.

joeSoap
28/09/2005, 8:42 PM
Original post edited. Apologies for 'light-heartedly' using the word scum.Now, can this thread please get back to Alan Smith.