PDA

View Full Version : Sickest thing I've read in a while

joeSoap
28/09/2005, 11:43 AM
Hundred dead cats found in horror flat
28/09/2005 - 11:59:45

The bodies of around 100 dead cats, some stuffed behind radiators and inside fridges, were found inside a single property, an animal welfare charity said today.

RSPCA inspectors made the discovery after they were called to a flat in Leeds, West Yorkshire, by a cleaning firm last week.

Along with the corpses, the floors throughout the property were lined with around two feet of human and cat faeces.

RSPCA inspector Lynsey Harris, who found the animals, said: “I was horrified by what I discovered.

“The smell was absolutely sickening. It is unbelievable, but it appears that someone may have been living among these corpses.

“What on earth was going on here?”

She said she found around 100 dead cats, including animals which had been stuffed behind radiators, crammed into a chest freezer and inside an upright fridge freezer – alongside “edible human food”.

The discovery was made at the property on September 20.

An RSPCA North spokeswoman said electricity to the property had been turned off for some time and the bodies were in an advanced stage of decomposition, making post mortem examinations impossible.

The spokeswoman said: “We’ve never come across anything quite as horrific as this.

“There’s very little we can do because we don’t have a definitive name for who’s responsible and we can’t tell whether the animals died in the property or were brought in after they’d died.

“It’s highly unlikely they died of natural causes, given how they were found, but we can’t rule that out so our hands are tied at the moment.

“When we normally go into houses we normally find live animals in a bad way - but to find this number of dead animals is unbelievable.”

The RSPCA were contacted by the cleaning firm A-Z Environmental Services, whose staff took 11 large bin liners of bodies and body parts from the property.

hoops1
28/09/2005, 11:54 AM
CAT-astrophe !
CAT- aclysmic !
Pussy All Gore

carrickharp
28/09/2005, 12:03 PM
Bloody Catmatic that.

paul_oshea
28/09/2005, 12:18 PM
lads in fairness that is a bit sick to be making a joke of it. but how do they not know if it is or is not the person that was living there? strange....

Macy
28/09/2005, 12:51 PM
lads in fairness that is a bit sick to be making a joke of it. but how do they not know if it is or is not the person that was living there? strange....
Don't be such a pussy.... :eek:

Could've been empty for a while, also could be hard for them to tell how long the bodies have been there. Main surprise, bar the fact that someone would do this kinda thing, is that none of the neighbours noticed the smell....

finlma
28/09/2005, 1:44 PM
I read sicker things every day - example being the daily loss of life in Iraq.

Much worse than a few dead cats - they're only a nuisance anyway.

liam88
28/09/2005, 2:00 PM
I gotta say that digusting as this is anything that happens to animals never ever comes near to sickining me as much as anything that's happend to a human. On the global scale the fact that the human race has brought WAles and Great Apes nearly to extinction is terrible.......but a hundred dead cats compared to 5 teachers slaughtered because of their domination-to me there's no question which is worse.

On a saide not it's the same reason I never give money to animal charities. I've got 4 cats and a coupole of hedgehogs that I look after but when it comes to the choice between giving my money to Cancer Research, Burma Campaign, Free Tibet, Oxfam, Life or giving it to the RSPCA, Cat's protection league etc. the answer to me is obvious.

strangeirish
28/09/2005, 2:04 PM
On the global scale the fact that the human race has brought WAles and Great Apes nearly to extinction is terrible.......
Not according to my relatives in Cardiff!!! :eek:

liam88
28/09/2005, 2:19 PM
Not according to my relatives in Cardiff!!! :eek:
hands up-ya got me :D

joeSoap
28/09/2005, 2:29 PM
.......but a hundred dead cats compared to 5 teachers slaughtered because of their domination-to me there's no question which is worse.Its gotta be the teachers........surely?? ;) :) Teachers who dominate deserve mutilation anyday...

carrickharp
28/09/2005, 3:22 PM
Much worse than a few dead cats - they're only a nuisance anyway.
I suppose being from Kilkenny you are fed up with cats alright :)

The Stars
28/09/2005, 3:41 PM
Maybe it was just a house where all the cats from Leeds go to and fight each other,like the movie Fight Club.

Lionel Ritchie
28/09/2005, 4:15 PM
Think the worrying line here is

“It’s highly unlikely they died of natural causes, given how they were found, . ...also references to body parts etc...

If someone killed those cats deliberately they need to be found quickly. Study after study has shown that those individuals who go on to become serial killers/ multiple murderers etc -started out on animals and moved up the line to humans -often starting with smaller more defenceless humans!

Seriously -this ******* needs to be picked up pronto.

Shelsman
28/09/2005, 4:30 PM
There was a story in the Sun today about a hobby / sport in Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean ( French controlled ) where stray dogs are caught, stuck on large hooks, then dragged behind a boat as bait for sharks.

The picture is of a 6-month old dog with a double hook through it's snout.

:confused:

:mad:

sligoman
28/09/2005, 5:09 PM
There was a story in the Sun today about a hobby / sport in Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean ( French controlled ) where stray dogs are caught, stuck on large hooks, then dragged behind a boat as bait for sharks.How the fcuk can that be classed as a sport :confused: , that's just sick :mad:

finlma
29/09/2005, 8:07 AM
There was a story in the Sun ...........

I stopped reading this post here. Don't believe everything you read in that rag.

anto eile
29/09/2005, 3:03 PM
dont see anything funny about that.you ****s shouldnt be making puns out of it
whoever is responsible should be jailed for life and never paroled.

Dublin12
29/09/2005, 3:51 PM
Jaysus look what the cat dragged in :eek: :o

strangeirish
29/09/2005, 3:54 PM
Jaysus look what the cat dragged in :eek: :o
Ach, he must be feline handsome :cool:

hoops1
29/09/2005, 3:56 PM
Calm down there Cats.Not as if there Dogs
Now dogs are nice not like those sneaky Cats
Maybe his paw did it! :eek:

Roo69
29/09/2005, 4:08 PM
This is just as bad........

A MAN has been arrested by cops probing the use of live dogs as shark bait, it was revealed last night.
It comes a day after The Sun published horrific photos of a pup with a fishing hook through its snout.

Cops on French-controlled Reunion Island say a man will appear in court tomorrow. And last night the French Embassy vowed to target more rogue fishermen.

It said: “Such acts are illegal and intolerable.”

Animal welfare group Sea Shepherd will pay £680 to any cop who catches a fisherman baiting a dog.

Thousands contacted the RSPCA and The Sun after reading our story.

In one case, a six-month-old labrador puppy had its paws bound with wire and was used for bait.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450292,00.html