PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox & Yankees both lose

crc
28/09/2005, 3:52 AM
Anyone eles watching the Sox-Yankees race at the moment? Both lost tonight - I was well ****ed off at the Sox defeat to the Blue Jays, but unbelievably the Orioles spanked the Yankees by a cricket score! :D

carrickharp
28/09/2005, 6:57 AM
Getting exciting alright, Boston play the Yankees over the weekend.

Galwayexile
28/09/2005, 8:05 AM
should be a tight race indeed. Hope boston pull it off and spank those yankies. Anyone ever been to fenway park, its quite an experience.I was there last season, cant remember the team think they were from san diego.

Clifford
28/09/2005, 8:30 AM
should be a tight race indeed. Hope boston pull it off and spank those yankies. Anyone ever been to fenway park, its quite an experience.I was there last season, cant remember the team think they were from san diego.

Lucky you, it's an unbelievable atmosphere in that stad when full, I've never been, but fully intend to.

Last night was incrediblel with the Indians losing also. This weekend is going to be awesome. I'll be glued to the tv on Fri night at midnight on NASN and again at 6 on Sat. Come on the Red Sox, what a climax - it's goin right to the wire.

I see 11 weeks ago the plankees sent out their invites to fans to buy tickets for their 11th straight post season. Arrogent buggers might have some egg their faces by Sun night.

Come on Papi, drive it home.

Terry
28/09/2005, 9:45 AM

I was there to see them play the wankees back in '96. Actually when I say see them, I should say I attended the match as I got fairly well steamed !! :D brilliant place

Ash
28/09/2005, 9:48 AM
Yeah, I was only ever at 1 baseball game but it was deadly.
I was in Boston for a couple of days and while on the subway I saw a load
of people in Red Sox hats so I just decided t follow them incase there was a
game on. Landed out to Fenway, got a ticket and had a ball of a time ...
mainly cos I didnt know much of the rules but joined in all the shouting
with the people around me :)

carrickharp
28/09/2005, 12:01 PM
Never got to Fenway hard enough to get tickets any time I was over :( , was a good few matches in U.S. Cellular Field (Comiskey Park) for White Sox games, good crack plenty of Miller pish and Mikes Hard Lemonade :o .

Stuttgart88
28/09/2005, 12:14 PM
Anyone ever been to fenway park, its quite an experience.I was there last season, cant remember the team think they were from san diego.
I've been there twice, both times against Milwaukee Brewers, in the late 80s.

Quality stadium, brilliantly located. There was a great bar across the road, Copperfields, which I was thrown out of one night!

Real ale Madrid
28/09/2005, 1:23 PM

Yeah was at Fenway a few times - highlight was seeing Pedro pitch 7 shutout innings against Minnesota about 3 years ago - in a 2-0 win . Nomar also hit the top ot the green monster another night i was there. a class venue. Both those players have moved on now.

Cant see the bo-saux pulling it off at the weekend - Schilling gave up 5runs and 10 hits again last night and they are going to ask Tim Wakefield to pitch on Friday after just 3 days rest against the big unit in the crucial first game aginst the yanks - cant see them doing it but heres hoping - Maybe the indians will give up the wildcard or something??

Clifford
29/09/2005, 12:56 AM
It's all goin pear shaped tonight also, Sox 7-1 down and planks and inds level. Come on the Bo Sox.

crc
29/09/2005, 1:46 AM
It's all goin pear shaped tonight also, Sox 7-1 down and planks and inds level. Come on the Bo Sox.
Not looking good, alright 7-2 now but only two innings left! Cleveland lost, though, which is something at least.

Clifford
29/09/2005, 8:02 AM
The hunt for October is well and truly in the hands of the yankees now, a win for them tonight and a loss for the Sox will be a disaster. Let's hope the big guns get their bats working tonight to give us a chance at the weekend.

Such excitement after 150 or so games.

Clifford
30/09/2005, 11:59 AM
All won last night thanks to the Papi, superb stuff. Now it goes to the Green Monster 3 games starting tonight. Get in there, I'm glued to NASN for the weekend.

carrickharp
03/10/2005, 7:21 AM
White Sox v Red Sox, Yankees v LA Angles in Play-offs starting Tuesday.

Clifford
03/10/2005, 1:57 PM
White Sox v Red Sox, Yankees v LA Angles in Play-offs starting Tuesday.

An excellent weekend of match ups, that Randy Jonson is flying. I'm worried about the pitching of the Red Sox, the White Sox seem to have sorted out their lapse in form over the weekend also. The big bats of Papi and Manny can't keep diggin us out of holes.

Clifford
04/10/2005, 11:21 AM
Bloody hell, three of the games are on NASN tonight, I'll be **** eyed in the morning. Delighted the Bo Sox game is at a decent time, won't bother probably with the planks.

October fest in full flight, bring it on.

JoeSemi
04/10/2005, 1:47 PM
Was in Fenway and the Yankees stadium last month. There's a serious difference in the atmosphere in each place.I enjoyed both games, but Fenway has a feel-good factor about the place whereas you can sense the hostility at the Yankees. The thing that disappoints me at baseball is the fans are incapable of making up chants beyond 'Lets go Red Sox(Yankees or whoever else), Lets go'. They need a bit of football humour thrown in to liven it up; its all too laid back. Altough, there's nothing laid back about that Green Monster- what a beast!:D

Metrostars
05/10/2005, 3:58 PM
Was in Fenway and the Yankees stadium last month. There's a serious difference in the atmosphere in each place.I enjoyed both games, but Fenway has a feel-good factor about the place whereas you can sense the hostility at the Yankees. The thing that disappoints me at baseball is the fans are incapable of making up chants beyond 'Lets go Red Sox(Yankees or whoever else), Lets go'. They need a bit of football humour thrown in to liven it up; its all too laid back. Altough, there's nothing laid back about that Green Monster- what a beast!:D

I've never been to Fenway but I've been to Yankees Stadium and Shea Stadium(Mets) probably about a total of 20 times. I find the games quite boring and the atmosphere quite dead even during a Yankees-Red Sox playoff game two years ago. You see a lot of people more interested in getting a beer or a hot dog while play is going on. Cant ever figure that one out.
I guess thats why it's call America's pastime. It's more of a pastime than it is a sport.

crc
06/10/2005, 1:15 AM
The thing that disappoints me at baseball is the fans are incapable of making up chants beyond 'Lets go Red Sox(Yankees or whoever else), Lets go'. They need a bit of football humour thrown in to liven it up; its all too laid back. Altough, there's nothing laid back about that Green Monster- what a beast!:D
The "who's your daddy?" chant at last year's Yankees-Red Sox playoff series was pretty cool. The whole of Yankees Stadium was shouting it, and the atmosphere seemed to aproach vitriol (as viewed from my armchair, I've never been to either Fenway or the Bronx).

Metrostars
06/10/2005, 1:53 PM
The "who's your daddy?" chant at last year's Yankees-Red Sox playoff series was pretty cool. The whole of Yankees Stadium was shouting it, and the atmosphere seemed to aproach vitriol (as viewed from my armchair, I've never been to either Fenway or the Bronx).

Yeah but it always to the same tune
"Lets Go Yankees"
"Lets Go Red Sox"
"Who's your daddy?"
"Who's on Steroids?"

They're all sound the same. Not very imagative.

Mind you the Braves have that tomohawk chant going "ooo ooo oooh ohhhho ooo o"

TheOwl
07/10/2005, 12:14 PM
Mind you the Braves have that tomohawk chant going "ooo ooo oooh ohhhho ooo o"

They nicked that from Shels :D