PDA

View Full Version : Players On The Move!!!!

nickeyoc
27/09/2005, 9:08 AM
Just wondering who you all think will be leaving UCD this season for different clubs? :rolleyes:

Poor Student
27/09/2005, 10:13 AM
Tony Mac, Micko and Alan Mahon are certainties to stay. Quigley, Kenna, Hurley and Dicker are all too young to leave for free and would be quite costly to take off us. You have to ask yourself who in Ireland has that kind of money and needs them. Shels got their fingers burned when they tried to steal Cawley off us. I'd imagine the likes of Gannon, McWalter and Anto Murphy have not set the world alight enough to be desperately sought after yet have gotten enough action with us to want to carry on next season. Robbie Martin and McNally are probably the most likely to leave. They are at the age when they can go for free and would make good additions to the bigger teams. Hopefully they're feeling loyal. I'd imagine Dupuy could be on his way too as it hasn't worked out that great for him and he may seek first team football elsewhere.

nickeyoc
27/09/2005, 10:29 AM
I think McNally & Martin would be mad to leave. I just dont see any of the teams really needing them. They could leave and be left on the bench which has happened to a good few players that have left over the years. At least at UCD their getting their game.

Poor Student
27/09/2005, 10:36 AM
I think McNally & Martin would be mad to leave. I just dont see any of the teams really needing them. They could leave and be left on the bench which has happened to a good few players that have left over the years. At least at UCD their getting their game.

I agree. I just hope after the fate of Judases as recent as Cawley, Willie Doyle and Finn our current crop can see the light and realise maybe the grass isn't greener on the other side. However I think the likes of Quigley, Kenna, Hurley and Dicker will inevitably want to try full time football. Just hopefully not next season as I feel this team is capable of good things with a few additions and another year's experience under their belt.

nickeyoc
27/09/2005, 10:46 AM
I totally agree. If you take a look at Sully who left to play full time at Drogheda, Doolin has seemed to have forgotton about him recently.Although, Doolin always had his favourites even at UCD, good players or not!! UCD would definitely have a great chance of achieving something next season if they stayed as they are.