PDA

View Full Version : clubs that didnt talk to Genisis

derrymac
26/09/2005, 9:36 PM
Was reading through the report and wondered why some clubs decided it wasn't in their interests to speak to Genisis. I suppose Rovers were a bit busy but no one from UCD or Longford from the Premier division??

Appendix 5: List of those Consulted
We have carried out an extensive consultation with all stakeholders in the game to establish their views. All those we met/spoke with are listed below. We ensured that all interested parties were given a chance to have their say and express their views and ideas.

Olly Byrne, Shelbourne
Jack O’Neill, Bray Wanderers
Paddy Martin, Drogheda
Andy O’Callaghan, St Pats
Bernard O’Byrne, St Pats
Paul Garrigan, St Pats
Gerry Cuffe, Bohemians
Sean Connolly, Dundalk
Eddie Murray, Monaghan United
Jim McGlone, Monaghan United
Jim Roddy, Derry City
John McNulty, Finn Harps
Brian Lennox, Cork City
Noel Hanley, Limerick City
Danny Drew, Limerick City
Ray Scott, Waterford United
Greg Pheasey, Waterford United
Barry Walsh, Cobh Ramblers
Nial O’Reilly, Galway United

The Stars
26/09/2005, 9:39 PM
No one from the bit o red.Suppose the lotto draw was on tonight thats why....hope i won

pineapple stu
26/09/2005, 9:46 PM
Was reading through the report and wondered why some clubs decided it wasn't in their interests to speak to Genisis. I suppose Rovers were a bit busy but no one from UCD...from the Premier division??
Bit surprised we weren't involved, to be honest. Possibly workload (only about three or four people involved in running the entire club), but still.

Dodge
26/09/2005, 10:07 PM
No excuse for anyone mising it when you see 2 from Waterford have their say. if anyone could use the "we're busy" excuse it'd be them

Bald Student
26/09/2005, 10:16 PM
Also, no supporters' clubs were contacted as far as I know. From a supporter's point of view there was only one meeting with the NLSA and none with other supporters' groups.

pineapple stu
26/09/2005, 10:18 PM
Were the NLSA actually contacted? I thought we just sent in the manifesto with all our points?

Poor Student
26/09/2005, 10:52 PM
Heh. The Star on Sunday made it out the eL crisis is so massive some clubs were too embarrassed to talk to Genesis. I assumed that would mean the likes of Waterford were ducking and diving. In fact Longford and UCD two of the best run clubs in the league are among those who didn't speak for whatever reason. Great reporting.

Derek
27/09/2005, 12:07 AM
Don't tell me that the Genesis crowd are part of the ABDC movement.

Ringo
27/09/2005, 6:06 AM
I think some of the clubs were given less than 24 hours notice & were told they would be contacted again & weren't. No supporters cluibs is a joke. The list of Sponsors is also a joke.

gspain
27/09/2005, 8:05 AM
Wonder if the Danny Drew and Noel Hanley of Limerick City are anything to their namesakes at Limerick FC.

fbtn
27/09/2005, 9:43 AM
Heh. The Star on Sunday made it out the eL crisis is so massive some clubs were too embarrassed to talk to Genesis. I assumed that would mean the likes of Waterford were ducking and diving. In fact Longford and UCD two of the best run clubs in the league are among those who didn't speak for whatever reason. Great reporting.

How do you come to that conclusion. Not looking to start a row with Longford fans but apparently their tax situtation is in a severe mess. Remember they were one of the last clubs to get their licence as the start of the season as they had no tax clearance certificate.

I stand to be corrected though.

Poor Student
27/09/2005, 10:17 AM
How do you come to that conclusion. Not looking to start a row with Longford fans but apparently their tax situtation is in a severe mess. Remember they were one of the last clubs to get their licence as the start of the season as they had no tax clearance certificate.

Ok, my apologies. I thought they were a tightly enough run ship with a decent ground. I stand to be corrected too!

bigmac
27/09/2005, 10:30 AM
I assumed that would mean the likes of Waterford were ducking and diving.

Why would you assume that? I think it's a good reflection on the people in charge in Waterford that they're being honest about how much trouble the club is in and not trying to paper over cracks and run up a huge debt.

Poor Student
27/09/2005, 10:33 AM
Why would you assume that?

Read my post. I said the Star on Sunday wrote that the eL is in such a crisis some clubs even refused to talk to Genesis. The insinuation seemed to be the worst run clubs wouldn't even come forward to talk. You're probably the most precariously placed club in the Premier Division in all senses. I completely agree with you though, fair play for coming forward and talking. I was pointing out the unecessary negative misleading tone of the article.

bigmac
27/09/2005, 10:50 AM
Read my post. I said the Star on Sunday wrote that the eL is in such a crisis some clubs even refused to talk to Genesis. The insinuation seemed to be the worst run clubs wouldn't even come forward to talk. You're probably the most precariously placed club in the Premier Division in all senses. I completely agree with you though, fair play for coming forward and talking. I was pointing out the unecessary negative misleading tone of the article.

:o Thanks for clarification. Misread your post alright, not particularly surprised at the paper's reaction though.
It might be interesting (if all the data was available) to see which are the most badly run clubs in the country. It might not be those who are performing worst on the pitch. Rovers last year for example were a shambles, and the administration pretending all was rosy nearly destroyed the club completely. How many other clubs are in a similar state behind the scenes?

Poor Student
27/09/2005, 10:52 AM
:o Thanks for clarification. Misread your post alright, not particularly surprised at the paper's reaction though.
It might be interesting (if all the data was available) to see which are the most badly run clubs in the country. It might not be those who are performing worst on the pitch. Rovers last year for example were a shambles, and the administration pretending all was rosy nearly destroyed the club completely. How many other clubs are in a similar state behind the scenes?

No problem bigmac. A lot of people would love to know exactly how Shels are doing behind the scenes for example.

Sliogán Dóite
27/09/2005, 10:54 AM
Wonder if the Danny Drew and Noel Hanley of Limerick City are anything to their namesakes at Limerick FC.

Spotted that myself.

Colm
27/09/2005, 11:02 AM
Only natural that an unambitious club like Longford wouldn't want to have their say in anything that could see the league progress.... ;)

Macy
27/09/2005, 11:15 AM
I wouldn't be surprised - the implosion of attendances bound to fook up the actual income compared to budgeted income - but I really don't know.

joey B
27/09/2005, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=fbtn] Not looking to start a row with Longford fans but apparently their tax situtation is in a severe mess. [QUOTE]

Nope, sorry to disappoint you. It WAS in a mess due to years of neglect. Alls fine now though ............

Oh so that's ok then :eek:

Macy
27/09/2005, 12:31 PM
Oh so that's ok then :eek:
What he means is the problem related to before the current regime took over. Now I personally think it's the last time that excuse can be tolerated for any of our troubles, but the bizarre thing to me was that revenue had issued the clearance certs for the years in between the problem and the start of the season.

fbtn
27/09/2005, 1:12 PM
Not dissapoint at all. I have a great deal of respect for Longford and they are one of the 'country' clubs that I think the likes of ourselves should look to regarding your ground etc. I remember Abbeycarton, now that is what I call progress.

It was actually a Longford fan that told me that, regarding your tax at the last Harps/Town game in Finn Park. That is why you were one of the last clubs to get your licence - but like you say 'Cop On' (perfect name by the way), everything is cool now so must have been a typo or something.

Dodge
27/09/2005, 1:20 PM
What he means is the problem related to before the current regime took over. Now I personally think it's the last time that excuse can be tolerated for any of our troubles, but the bizarre thing to me was that revenue had issued the clearance certs for the years in between the problem and the start of the season.
Same with us. We even had a FAS scheme going for a while, all of which needed Revenue's go ahead.

BohsFans
27/09/2005, 2:13 PM
Spotted that myself.

Blue Peter badge in the post to the alert $hel$ fan :rolleyes:

CollegeTillIDie
27/09/2005, 7:27 PM
If 10 team premier equals playing each other 4 times than I for one would oppose it.
We had the phenomenon of spectators only coming to see teams in Belfield the first time they played there and giving the second of the two home games a miss. Especially where other Dublin clubs were concerned and it was possible or feasible to attend the away fixture(s). Add in League Cup and F.A.I. Cup games and on one or two occasions we played the same clubs 5-6 times that season :(

Troy.McClure
27/09/2005, 7:57 PM
On a related topic to the title of this thread, I notice that our international u21 manager didnt talk to them either. I wont comment further!