PDA

View Full Version : Transfers.......

Macy
25/04/2002, 11:19 AM
Stuey and Macca rumoured to be gone, along with gobsh!te Rennie (great player, but too indisciplined for my liking.....)

rumours (http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~jw/25-4-4.htm)

gheewhizz
25/04/2002, 2:40 PM
Stuey said he was staying with the town, he said to me about 8 weeks ago if we stay up he was staying with us... Time will tell, but if he does leave who ever to goes will have to buy out the contract, the club can't stop him from going once the contract is bought out. Macca said Tuesday night that he has not signed any thing yet, if he & the club can agree terms he will stay, he just wants to play in the PD next season.I would be very surpise if he did go to bohs, since Maccer has said that he wished kenny luck, but he would never player under him again, because the way he left the players....time will tell.

A face
25/04/2002, 3:09 PM
Originally posted by Macy
along with gobsh!te Rennie (great player, but too indisciplined for my liking.....)

That sounds bad ..... Are Cork City going to have more tantrums ala Greg O'Halloran. Could this be another player banished to the bench for the season. ???

gheewhizz
25/04/2002, 3:09 PM
I forgot to say that if we do lose these players the club should sue the FAI\eL for the lost of there services as we were at a unfair disadvantage as we could not off any player contracts until we had finished our season & we knew that we were in the PD for next season. Also I think Finn Harps & LTFC should sue the FAI/eL for the 2 weeks extra wages we had to payout, with no income coming in.

A face
25/04/2002, 3:12 PM
It is hard done by i'll agree, clubs paying for the poor administration ..... but i also think this year has been messed up so much with courts and suing and all that went on, that sueing because of the poor admin is the last thing i would want to see.

gheewhizz
25/04/2002, 3:18 PM
Why should the club have to pay about E20K extra considring the FAI are at fault. Did you know that the FAI offer to pay a weeks wages for LTFC & HARPS if the FAI could keep both gates....Just shows you that the FAI DON'T CARE ABOUT THE eL

Macy
25/04/2002, 3:22 PM
time will tell
Hopefully they both stay..... To be honest, though I rate Rennie, the fact that he was lucky to stay on the field Saturday, followed by actually getting sent off on Tuesday was kinda the last straw - he's proved to be a liability....... :(

gheewhizz
25/04/2002, 3:55 PM
Originally posted by Macy

he's proved to be a liability....... :(

I agree Macy & thats why I'm not worried about him, I am worried about Maccer & Stuie leaving,as I said time will tell. At Least the best Keeper in Ireland is staying with us.
I know that for a fact. ;)

sorbothegreek
06/05/2002, 6:17 PM
Heard, wheather it's right or wrong.
The boss was over in England last week and has 2 players signed. Who they are? we'll find out Thursday.

Longfordian
07/05/2002, 1:40 PM
Apparently he spent a week over in England and when he came back he said he had some things lined up but wasn't giving anything away until it was signed and sealed. There's a meeting on in Flancare Park on Thursday which Lawlor is coming down for so id say there'll be some news on his plans for players.We'll hope for the best. Btw heard Maccer was lookin for serious money to stay with Town. 1500 Euro was the figure i heard qouted, apparently he's gettin 1000 a week at Bohs...

sorbothegreek
14/05/2002, 2:29 PM
Not so bad, at last someone in:

David Whittle
Centre Back
David is known for hard tackling and his fighting spirit. Looks to be putting in a big effort this season.David is a very assured player in his favoured position centre back.

02-12-78

Is he the man to replace Macca? Lets hope.

Macy
14/05/2002, 3:43 PM
LOL, see I'm not the only one that was straight on to the Waterford site..........
Decent midfielder next please, and then a striker who can score goals......