PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Oscar Traynor 2005/06

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Goals4fun
26/09/2005, 3:08 PM
heard a rumour that this was announced on the radio on saturday.
anybody got any details of players and clubs for the selection ?

backodanet
26/09/2005, 3:14 PM
only thing i heard was martin reddan was going to be the manager but dunno how much truth is in that

Unreal Madrid
26/09/2005, 3:17 PM
Just saw it, Martin Reddan has taken the job. The breakdown is,

Balla 2 Fairview 2 Pike 2 Hill Celtic 1 Granville 1 Regional 1 Park 1 Boro 1 Star 1

CAREW 6! They are playing St Mics in Jackman tomorrow night at 7 30pm.

Goals4fun
26/09/2005, 3:18 PM
only thing i heard was martin reddan was going to be the manager but dunno how much truth is in that

i heard that also and he is with Denis Kenihan (i think that is how you spell it), he used to be a keeper ?

abbeyvale
26/09/2005, 7:59 PM
Just saw it, Martin Reddan has taken the job. The breakdown is,

Balla 2 Fairview 2 Pike 2 Hill Celtic 1 Granville 1 Regional 1 Park 1 Boro 1 Star 1

CAREW 6! They are playing St Mics in Jackman tomorrow night at 7 30pm.

Only 1 player named in the above that does not play in the Prem and he's a Star man,

lim abroad
27/09/2005, 1:10 AM
whats the squad?

Unreal Madrid
27/09/2005, 6:46 AM
Balla. Tom Daly, Dave Dumphy. Fairview. Dave Wall, Ross Cosgrove. Pike. Martin O Neil, Hill Celtic. Daithi Noonan. Granville. Billy Tynan. Regional. Mike Behan. Park. Pat Purcell. Star. Brian O Doherty. Boro. John Lyne. Carew. Jason O Connor, Gordan Stewert, Pat McGarry, Cyril Maher, Pat Koyce, Ger Ned.

Can't remember who the other Pike player is.

progress
27/09/2005, 9:35 AM
thats a bit of a joke with 6 carew players.take care of ur own eh.

water boy
27/09/2005, 10:13 AM
Balla. Tom Daly, Dave Dumphy. Fairview. Dave Wall, Ross Cosgrove. Pike. Martin O Neil, Hill Celtic. Daithi Noonan. Granville. Billy Tynan. Regional. Mike Behan. Park. Pat Purcell. Star. Brian O Doherty. Boro. John Lyne. Carew. Jason O Connor, Gordan Stewert, Pat McGarry, Cyril Maher, Pat Koyce, Ger Ned.

Can't remember who the other Pike player is.

other pike player is there centre half...big fella with black hair..good in the air

joeSoap
27/09/2005, 10:40 AM
other pike player is there centre half...big fella with black hair..good in the air
Colm Enright??

water boy
27/09/2005, 11:20 AM
Colm Enright??

THATS THE FELLA,,,

I DON'T KNOW SOME OF THE PLAYERS,,CAN YO BREAK THEM DOWN IN POSITION SUCH AS BACKS,,MIDFIELD AND FORWARDS

widow
27/09/2005, 11:27 AM
thats a bit of a joke with 6 carew players.take care of ur own eh.

don't know about that,the rest of the clubs don't really want their players playing in it aswell as lot of players not wanting to play in it

joeSoap
27/09/2005, 11:36 AM
I DON'T KNOW SOME OF THE PLAYERS,,CAN YO BREAK THEM DOWN IN POSITION SUCH AS BACKS,,MIDFIELD AND FORWARDS I don't know too many of them either, but heres the ones I do know.

Balla. Tom Daly(Centre Half), Dave Dunphy(right full/midfield). Fairview. Dave Wall(centre forward), Ross Cosgrove(Winger). Pike. Martin O Neil(Striker), Hill Celtic. Daithi Noonan. Granville. Billy Tynan. Regional. Mike Behan. Park. Philip Purcell(centre half). Star. Brian O Doherty. Boro. John Lyne. Carew. Jason O Connor(centre forward), Gordan Stewart(goalkeeper), Pat McGarry(midfield), Cyril Maher, Pat Koyce, Ger Ned(centre forward).

Goals4fun
27/09/2005, 12:32 PM
here are the ones i know,

Balla. Tom Daly(Centre Half), Dave Dunphy(right full/midfield). Fairview. Dave Wall(centre forward), Ross Cosgrove(Winger). Pike. Martin O Neil(Striker), Colm Enright (center half) Granville. Billy Tynan (center half). Park. Philip Purcell(centre half/midfield). Star. Brian O Doherty (midfield). Boro. John Lyne (winger). Carew. Jason O Connor(centre forward), Gordan Stewart(goalkeeper), Pat McGarry(midfield), Cyril Maher (winger/midfiled), Pat Koyce (center half/full back), Ger Ned(centre forward).

don't know ...Hill Celtic. Daithi Noonan.Regional. Mike Behan... would expect one of these to be a keeper ! as there is only one above !

backodanet
27/09/2005, 12:49 PM
noonan is a keeper
i think behan is a defender

lim abroad
27/09/2005, 12:49 PM
daithi noonan is a keeper i think

Gentle Ben
27/09/2005, 2:03 PM
Daithi Noonan is a keeper, I believe he let in over 100 golas last year?

A few good choices but a few strange ones alright,

I think you have to look at the source of the problem, players do not want to play and this is why you have such a strange choice. Why incentive is there for any player to play?

Besides that, why did Martin Reddan get the job with his track record? Is it a case of not doing it with Carew but doing it with the OT.

Goals4fun
27/09/2005, 3:02 PM
there is no incentive for the players.

Wonder what will happend the teams that have 1 player on the squad , will the get the games off , or will they be forced to play.

anybody know what draw they got ?

widow
27/09/2005, 3:12 PM
to win an oscar traynor medal should be incentive enough, theres just no interest in it, you'll find there'll be a very different squad that starts the first game to the one that was named last week. Might aswell not bother naming the squad and just ring around and try to muster up a team on the morning of the game... thats basically what generally happens anyway

water boy
27/09/2005, 3:14 PM
[QUOTE=Gentle Ben]Daithi Noonan is a keeper, I believe he let in over 100 golas last year?

100 goals....was he playing for an A and B team....thats a strange choice for a manager to make... :confused: :confused: :confused:

when does the ocsar traynor comp start

abbeyvale
27/09/2005, 3:32 PM
[QUOTE=Gentle Ben]Daithi Noonan is a keeper, I believe he let in over 100 golas last year?

100 goals....was he playing for an A and B team....thats a strange choice for a manager to make... :confused: :confused: :confused:

when does the ocsar traynor comp start

Noonan is a keeper and was in goals for Hill Celtic "A" team last season in the Prem League, and let in approx 70 goals in the league plus numerous others in the cups.

Mike Behan is a centre forward for Regional and is approx 6ft 6in and good in the air.

Unreal Madrid
27/09/2005, 8:57 PM
to win an oscar traynor medal should be incentive enough, theres just no interest in it, you'll find there'll be a very different squad that starts the first game to the one that was named last week. Might aswell not bother naming the squad and just ring around and try to muster up a team on the morning of the game... thats basically what generally happens anyway

Looks like Redden is naming a squad that, while good, is not the best in town. He has looked after his own but at least he knows they will have to turn up.

Noonan is a strange choice but there is no really decent keeper in town. Fitzpatrick and Bennis are better but are prone to the odd gift.

Oscar traynor should be about the medal but down through the years players from the Pike's and Fairviews of this world have just not turned up / being injured / had work / mothers cousins stepfathers cat died.

Lets also not forget that Redden is looking back at his personal playing experience. One where they went to Cork and named 8 players in the starting 11 from either the Boro or View who had played each other in an FAI game the previous week and would not pass the ball TO EACH OTHER. I bet the likes of Tynan, Beehan, Noonan and Doherty will see this cup as the biggest they will play this year, will the rest think the same?

Any one know how they got on tonight against St Mics and who played / turned up.

Goals4fun
28/09/2005, 7:34 AM
Looks like Redden is naming a squad that, while good, is not the best in town. He has looked after his own but at least he knows they will have to turn up.

Noonan is a strange choice but there is no really decent keeper in town. Fitzpatrick and Bennis are better but are prone to the odd gift.

Oscar traynor should be about the medal but down through the years players from the Pike's and Fairviews of this world have just not turned up / being injured / had work / mothers cousins stepfathers cat died.

Lets also not forget that Redden is looking back at his personal playing experience. One where they went to Cork and named 8 players in the starting 11 from either the Boro or View who had played each other in an FAI game the previous week and would not pass the ball TO EACH OTHER. I bet the likes of Tynan, Beehan, Noonan and Doherty will see this cup as the biggest they will play this year, will the rest think the same?

Any one know how they got on tonight against St Mics and who played / turned up.

beaten 1 - nil
team
Gordon
Dunphy, Daly, Koyce, Purcell
Maher, McGarry,O'Doherty, Lynne,
Wall, Cosgrave

Sub: Tynan.

apparently a few could not make it.

leather
28/09/2005, 10:29 AM
Lads, Any Limerci Prem Fixtures For The Comming Weekend, Are They Online Anywhere..my Local Paper Does Not Give Them...

Unreal Madrid
28/09/2005, 9:50 PM
Lads, Any Limerci Prem Fixtures For The Comming Weekend, Are They Online Anywhere..my Local Paper Does Not Give Them...

U L v Regional
Balla v Mungret
Charleville v Fairview
Hill Clt v Carew
Park AFC (what was wrong with Rangers?) v Pike
Boro v Granville

The fixtures are also in Tuesdays Daily Star.

Unreal Madrid
28/09/2005, 10:11 PM
beaten 1 - nil
team
Gordon
Dunphy, Daly, Koyce, Purcell
Maher, McGarry,O'Doherty, Lynne,
Wall, Cosgrave
:rolleyes:
Sub: Tynan.

apparently a few could not make it.

Surprise surprise, no Pike players could make it.

Must be the first time that all players that played were actually named in the panal when it was first announced. A good sign.

silvercircle
30/09/2005, 12:54 PM
The only surprise is that only 2 Pike players were picked (3 if u want to include McGarry):ball:

widow
30/09/2005, 2:47 PM
don't think you'd call mcgarry a pike player think the phrase is... more clubs than tiger woods......

water boy
06/10/2005, 8:04 AM
anyone know when this comp is due to start...

who did limerick get in there group?

Goals4fun
10/10/2005, 3:18 PM
anyone know when this comp is due to start...

who did limerick get in there group?

surely somebody must know this. I heard it was done alright.
have the team met again since their friendly against Michaels or will they wait for the first game to get together again ?

HuRya
10/10/2005, 3:48 PM
dont think its been made yet.if it was it wud surely have been in the Leader over da past few wks..such an easy squad to predict..wheres the youth in the team???
there are a dozen players that i could name from clubs such as corbally, granville, ul/aisling,regional & wembley that should be given a fair chance.

lim abroad
10/10/2005, 3:50 PM
which players do you think deserve a chance?

HuRya
10/10/2005, 4:16 PM
which players do you think deserve a chance?

ado fitzsimons,paul lonergan(corbally),
phillip clancy(granville),
robbie coombes,anthony cusack,john mescall(ULAA),
gary joyce,paul dannagher, barry dillon(wembley),
twitch & eoin mullins(regional utd),
and keith hartnett(pike rvs)...

and theres many more out there..
its not redden's fault. the system for squad selection is all wrong

lim abroad
10/10/2005, 6:36 PM
what about philip judge(granville)how's he playing? heard he had a stormer against the boro

HuRya
10/10/2005, 7:08 PM
what about philip judge(granville)how's he playing? heard he had a stormer against the boro

you can hardly 'judge' him on that one performace:)

besides, i heard glaseen in goals for boro that day had the proverbial 'mare and was at fault for three of the four granville goals.

gael353
10/10/2005, 7:23 PM
ado fitzsimons,paul lonergan(corbally),
phillip clancy(granville),
robbie coombes,anthony cusack,john mescall(ULAA),
gary joyce,paul dannagher, barry dillon(wembley),
twitch & eoin mullins(regional utd),
and keith hartnett(pike rvs)...

and theres many more out there..
its not redden's fault. the system for squad selection is all wrong

Whats the fasination with Ado Fitzsimons? Good player and all but never finishes a full 90 cos he usually gets sent off. Twitch is overweight, Paul Dannagher?? is he going back to junior?

lim abroad
10/10/2005, 7:57 PM
[QUOTE=HuRya]you can hardly 'judge' him on that one performace:)

didn't think i did:confused:

Goals4fun
11/10/2005, 10:20 AM
dont think its been made yet.if it was it wud surely have been in the Leader over da past few wks..such an easy squad to predict..wheres the youth in the team???
there are a dozen players that i could name from clubs such as corbally, granville, ul/aisling,regional & wembley that should be given a fair chance.

would be interesting to see an alternate squad ! Maybe that would be a good idea for a friendly (kinda look at others)
there are loads of good players in limerick that never get a look in. At least this year it is spread around a bit.

widow
11/10/2005, 10:28 AM
the problem lies with the manager, he's the manager of a team. How can he get around to other games on a sunday and see whose playing well and in what positions. he'll just pick players on name and who he knows, hence the squad being dominated by carew park players. Don't know how many people went for the position but its a joke that a manager of another team got it

Unreal Madrid
11/10/2005, 9:38 PM
[QUOTE=widow]the problem lies with the manager, he's the manager of a team. How can he get around to other games on a sunday and see whose playing well and in what positions. he'll just pick players on name and who he knows, hence the squad being dominated by carew park players.

It was reported that Denis Keehen was his assistant (ex Balla keeper). Surley he should be the one to have a look and see the other games going on. Has anyone seen him at games? In fairness to Redden, in years past the panel first picked would seen half of them withdraw. (he actually fielded a full team in a friendly from his first panel, unheard of) This had been due to the success of Limerick clubs in the FAI. There has been many a great player who never got to play out of town due to the fact that only the winner of the local FAI comp being in the open draw. They saw the Oscar Traynor as there way of makeing a mark on the big stage. Now (with 4 out of town) clubs are doing well and playing in the final stages. The last thing they want is to have 6 players playing Oscar Traynor the week before a big cup game. No dis-respect to the Clare league (they had a great cup win and showed great team spirit and a will to win) but the fact that they won it shows what sort of teams the 'big' leagues are putting out.

francesco_1
12/10/2005, 12:02 AM
the problem lies with the manager, he's the manager of a team. How can he get around to other games on a sunday and see whose playing well and in what positions. he'll just pick players on name and who he knows, hence the squad being dominated by carew park players. Don't know how many people went for the position but its a joke that a manager of another team got it

I think the manager was a good choice because no matter who the manager is they'll always pic their fav's,atleast redden gave players (lads who have been playing ljc for years) a chance,and some wont get the chance again so its a reward for comitment to the league over the years.

water boy
12/10/2005, 10:55 AM
[

No dis-respect to the Clare league (they had a great cup win and showed great team spirit and a will to win) but the fact that they won it shows what sort of teams the 'big' leagues are putting out.[/QUOTE]

Clare played against some, not all of the better leagues to win the oscar trainer.

they did well against limerick who had the likes of chucka and tommy barrett playing...they beat the lsl in the final who i know had most if not all of there best players on display.....clare were the best that year and thats that...all other leagues just were not as good .... its the same every year i think....best team wins

CousinSylDolan
12/10/2005, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE Clare played against some, not all of the better leagues to win the oscar trainer.

they did well against limerick who had the likes of chucka and tommy barrett playing...they beat the lsl in the final who i know had most if not all of there best players on display.....clare were the best that year and thats that...all other leagues just were not as good .... its the same every year i think....best team wins[/QUOTE]

Well said.

In the Oscar Traynor its the 18/20 best players from the county playing against the best 18/20 from another county... Its not always the best lg wins but the best team generally does.

HK just got a bunch of players that year and they had more desire and ability than any other group of players and ended up with national honours...

Twas a pity it just put them in the shop window to be poached by bigger clubs... Thats the way it is though in any grade of football.

BallBreaker
13/10/2005, 10:13 PM
surely somebody must know this. I heard it was done alright.
have the team met again since their friendly against Michaels or will they wait for the first game to get together again ?

I think they left it the same as last year but reversed the home and away fixtures.:ball: :ball:

water boy
14/10/2005, 8:17 AM
I think they left it the same as last year but reversed the home and away fixtures.:ball: :ball:

thanks ballbreaker...

bit strange tough...how long would it take to make the draw??? few minuites..

lazy is all that is...

Goals4fun
14/10/2005, 11:30 AM
i think that makes it Kerry at home, north tipp away and kerry away !

abbeyvale
14/10/2005, 7:53 PM
I think the manager was a good choice because no matter who the manager is they'll always pic their fav's,atleast redden gave players (lads who have been playing ljc for years) a chance,and some wont get the chance again so its a reward for comitment to the league over the years.

You just hope Noonan gets injured in a game in goals for the OT team and then you might get a game for Hill Celtic.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal Madrid
15/10/2005, 8:36 PM
You just hope Noonan gets injured in a game in goals for the OT team and then you might get a game for Hill Celtic.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might, I reckon Tommy would fancy having another crack in goal himself first....

Whats the story with Graham Carey in goals for yee. Now that he has played for every club within 5 miles of his house, is he trying to play in every position he can think of. :)

abbeyvale
17/10/2005, 5:51 PM
Might, I reckon Tommy would fancy having another crack in goal himself first....

Whats the story with Graham Carey in goals for yee. Now that he has played for every club within 5 miles of his house, is he trying to play in every position he can think of. :)

Nolly is back in goals for us now, so Carey is back outfield

francesco_1
20/10/2005, 11:44 AM

He'd have to im injured!!