PDA

View Full Version : Roy Keane Legend

NeilMcD
26/09/2005, 2:53 PM
I was over in Manchester at the weekend and I met Roy Keane and I was chatting to him and wished him the best of luck with the injury and asked him was there any chance of making it back for the play offs He said that he was hopeful and that he was pretty confident that ireland would make the play offs as we were unlucky at home to France and that the lads are confident of beating Switzerland. He asked me where I was from and did i go to many games supporting Ireland. He also said that the reception he got at the Romania game will live with him until the day he dies and that is greatest remaining ambition in football is to get to the World cup in Germany. What a sound bloke and I wish he was still playing for us in central midfield against Cyprus and Switzerland. Roy Keane Legend.

paul_oshea
26/09/2005, 2:55 PM
did you really meet him though? i mean really meet him?

zinedineontour
26/09/2005, 3:16 PM
I was over in Manchester at the weekend and I met Roy Keane and I was chatting to him and wished him the best of luck with the injury and asked him was there any chance of making it back for the play offs He said that he was hopeful and that he was pretty confident that ireland would make the play offs as we were unlucky at home to France and that the lads are confident of beating Switzerland. He asked me where I was from and did i go to many games supporting Ireland. He also said that the reception he got at the Romania game will live with him until the day he dies and that is greatest remaining ambition in football is to get to the World cup in Germany. What a sound bloke and I wish he was still playing for us in central midfield against Cyprus and Switzerland. Roy Keane Legend.

yeah but look at what he did in japan ... lets open that up and starting disecting his career ...... neil your some knob ...

Eire06
26/09/2005, 3:20 PM
yeah but look at what he did in japan ... lets open that up and starting disecting his career ......
ya fair play to him for showing up the FAI for what they were and not sitting by while others fool about on the most important competition of his career well done zinedineontour for bringing up that point :rolleyes:

Dublin12
26/09/2005, 3:24 PM
10 pager.

Cowboy
26/09/2005, 3:27 PM
did you really meet him though? i mean really meet him?

LOL , did you see the comment on the mc carthy thread ?

Green Army Girl
26/09/2005, 3:38 PM
I was over in Manchester at the weekend and I met Roy Keane and I was chatting to him and wished him the best of luck with the injury and ......Roy Keane Legend.

Just one question why start this thread you know people are going to give you stick after wat you said about McCarthy and it being nothing to do with personality etc.

Yeah Roy did do us a favour and sort out the FAI once and for all but did it really have to take putting our World Cup chances in jeopardy couldnt he just wait till he came home.

zinedineontour
26/09/2005, 3:42 PM
Just one question why start this thread you know people are going to give you stick after wat you said about McCarthy and it being nothing to do with personality etc.

Yeah Roy did do us a favour and sort out the FAI once and for all but did it really have to take putting our World Cup chances in jeopardy couldnt he just wait till he came home.

exactly .. think its his little way of trying to be funny and clever ... it isnt either ..

NeilMcD
26/09/2005, 3:42 PM
This is called hopping the ball. I was trying to show the fact that in the world of football the importance of someones personality is a load of rubbish. Also if zidane you cant have a proper debate without insulting somone well then that says more about you than it does about me. I like to refrain from issuing personal insults to people on this board. I would like to think I was above insulting somone I have never met.

zinedineontour
26/09/2005, 3:45 PM
This is called hopping the ball. I was trying to show the fact that in the world of football the importance of someones personality is a load of rubbish. Also if zidane you cant have a proper debate without insulting somone well then that says more about you than it does about me. I like to refrain from issuing personal insults to people on this board. I would like to think I was above insulting somone I have never met.

well you insulted mick didnt you ??

Cowboy
26/09/2005, 3:49 PM
This is called hopping the ball.

Some would describe it as lying, dont know quite what constructive purpose can be served by it?

NeilMcD
26/09/2005, 3:49 PM
What did I say that was a personal insult to Mick Mc Carthy. I offered an opinion on his abilites of a manager which is fair enough as far as I am concerned. He works in a public job so his abilities are open to Criticism. I think the only thing I said regarding him personally was that he seems like a nice man to me.

zinedineontour
26/09/2005, 3:50 PM
What did I say that was a personal insult to Mick Mc Carthy. I offered an opinion on his abilites of a manager which is fair enough as far as I am concerned. He works in a public job so his abilities are open to Criticism. I think the only thing I said regarding him personally was that he seems like a nice man to me.

but why make up a thread about roy keane just to get a reaction from people .

NeilMcD
26/09/2005, 3:58 PM
To show how pointless a thread is on Mick Mc Carthy Roy Keane, Brian Kerr or John Sheridands personality, is. All I am concerned with, is their ability as a player or manager and I dont see the relevance of how nice they are or what a ****** they are. I offered up constructive criticism on Mick Mc Carthy's reign on the previous thread. The main reason for this was your statement towards the end that said you wish he was stilll the manager of Irelaqnd. This is was followed by a few posts saying how lovely he is and what a nice guy etc etc. My view is that these forums should be about a players or managers footballing credentials, and whether they sign autographs or say hello or have sexy legs should not even be considered. Yet for some this seems to influence their opinions on whether somone is a good or bad manager/player.