PDA

View Full Version : Derry vs. Shels

TheOwl
26/09/2005, 1:25 PM
I was just wondering would Cork fans consider an away win in this week's big match to be a great result for them?

I would really put them in the driving seat but are we back in the race if we win this one?

redgav
26/09/2005, 1:38 PM
I was just wondering would Cork fans consider an away win in this week's big match to be a great result for them?

I would really put them in the driving seat but are we back in the race if we win this one?

Nil nil draw with a few sendings off and one or two injuries would be the best scenario ;)

Dee75
26/09/2005, 1:39 PM
Surely Cork fans want a draw. A win for either team would be a bad result for Cork as they still have to play Shels & Derry

patsh
26/09/2005, 1:41 PM
$hel$ are back in the race, whether they win in Derry or not.
6 points is only 2 games, and as can be seen from our late run last season, the gap can be bridged fairly quickly.
I can't see $hel$ losing any games during the rest of the season, tbh.
We definitely need to get a draw at least in Tolka, and a draw in the Brandy would probably be best.

EDIT:
BTW, is this game on TV? (it should be).

dcfcsteve
26/09/2005, 1:45 PM
Is the game on telly, does anyone know ?

TheOwl
26/09/2005, 1:52 PM
I'm almost certain it is not on TV which is a pain in the ass, as I can't go to the game.

RTE Radio will have to do.

Éanna
26/09/2005, 2:43 PM
Nil nil draw with a few sendings off and one or two injuries would be the best scenario ;)
yeah, sounds good :)

Hecko
26/09/2005, 2:56 PM
Best is a draw, but a Shels win is not a bad result for us either. Shels form at the moment is great but I don't see them making up 9 points in 7 games (although that does depend on us winning our two games in hand)

EnDai
26/09/2005, 5:21 PM
Assume we win up there. That leaves us with a table of:

Cork 24 54pts
Derry 26 54pts
Shels 26 51pts

With Cork still having to play both Derry and Shels.

Shels and Derry would still have 27 points to play for, and Cork 33. but a defeat for Cork in Tolka for example, would make a huge difference.

Either way, thats all hypothetical, must win, 3 points necessity. Forza Reds! :)

Slash/ED
26/09/2005, 5:58 PM
The game not on TV puzzles me. The choice of matches to show from the TV companys seems utterly random. They show stuff like Rovers v Pats yet don't show one of the biggest matches of the season so far? Odd, and it means we're far from fully benefitting from this TV team. I thought there was some kind of TV committe set up to decide what matches are shown and by who. If that's true, they better actually do their job next year.

I'm going anyway though, should be a good one.